kitkat in the uk at last

Search This thread

thomlh

Nov 14, 2013
Kitkat here in the UK at last.
No problems installing.
So far so good, have not noticed much difference yet, but yes it does seem a little smoother.
CNH3 build number like in Germany

Last edited:
Reactions: Geordie Affy

subram

Sep 19, 2014
Yup, installed it now and performance and navigation is dam fast. Not sure about the battery which many have highlighted as an issue so will keep my eyes peeled on his this one for now.

thomlh

Nov 14, 2013
Yup, installed it now and performance and navigation is dam fast. Not sure about the battery which many have highlighted as an issue so will keep my eyes peeled on his this one for now.

left mine all night after install used about 2 % so seems better. Certainly not a problem at the moment.

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
So I'm going to install this update tomorrow hopefully. Can anyone let me know if they have encountered any issues with YouTube app, I'm positive some people had issies when they installed kitkat not sure what region it was tbh.

Also have yous encountered any other issues at all yet, big or small?

I'm ever so cautious since I got stung pretty badly with the S3 update many months ago which they had to stop thanks to it being a disgrace of an update.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

thomlh

Nov 14, 2013
So I'm going to install this update tomorrow hopefully. Can anyone let me know if they have encountered any issues with YouTube app, I'm positive some people had issies when they installed kitkat not sure what region it was tbh.

I'm ever so cautious since I got stung pretty badly with the S3 update many months ago which they had to stop thanks to it being a disgrace of an update.

Thanks in advance.

No problems yet, go for it. Utube is fine.
Still problems with sd card access on some apps.
BS player doesn't work, crashes on start.
ES explorer not writing to sd card either.

Last edited:

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Yeah restricted SD card access - We're just going to have to get used to it a guess.

I don't have much apps on my Tablet and I have about 9GB still free on my internal memory so I reckon I'll manage hopefully.

spark001uk

Jan 14, 2010
Surrey, Untidy Kingdom
Yeah thats what I'm going to do if it affects me, I think al be alright with space and what not as I dont really have much apps tbh. And any videos and MP3 I want on my tablet can still be transferred onto SD card.
I just save things to phone mem use the built in file manager if I need to move anything onto card. My s5 is kitkat and it's the same deal.
3rd party apps have had their sd card permissions removed, stops apps littering the card with rubbish.

Last edited:

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
I just save things to phone mem use the built in file manager if I need to move anything onto card. My s5 is kitkat and it's the same deal.
3rd party apps have had their sd card permissions removed, stops apps littering the card with rubbish.
It depends on the user as well. You and a few others might not need SD card permissions but for someone like me with a lot of heavy games, emulator games like ps1, movies/videos and other large apps, a 32GB micro SD is a blessing :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
It depends on the user as well. You and a few others might not need SD card permissions but for someone like me with a lot of heavy games, emulator games like ps1, movies/videos and other large apps, a 32GB micro SD is a blessing :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Yeah I have a 64GB SD Card and tbh I only have like 10GB worth of stuff on it at the minute. I don't use my tablet to the level I used to, I still use it a LOT but my main uses are surfing the net and LOADS of YouTube.

Although I'm going on Holiday next month so I'm going to tranfer about 50GB worth of HD documentaries and all sorts ... Love the ability to do that.

thomlh

Nov 14, 2013

Some developers have written their apps now with SD card access. It is laziness by some that they have not yet.
See Maps Me for an example of how to do it. They were very quick, a great app.

spark001uk

Jan 14, 2010
Surrey, Untidy Kingdom
What on earth!! Just finished work so thought I'd download the update and then install ... says its ganna take an 1hr09 to download just 600MB!! Talk about slow.

It will be, there's thousands of users been waiting forever for it to be released ! ;)
In fact, they may well have capped the speed to distribute it fairly. Mine took about an hour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kitkat here in the UK at last.
    No problems installing.
    So far so good, have not noticed much difference yet, but yes it does seem a little smoother.
    CNH3 build number like in Germany
    I can confirm, I'm in UK also, and I am downloading OTA as we speak!! (slowly)
    Funny thing is I checked on KIES and it says no update.
    Just updated after a tediously slow download.
    Now up and running 4.4.2 without any problems. Now to give it a day or so and see how it goes I suppose
    I'm getting silky smooth operation so far. About time, I paid enough for this unit so the least they can do is iron out the problems!
    Ah well, better late than never as the saying goes.!

Thanks in advance.