[ROM] JT's_Sensless ROM |Jul 8| UPDATE: JIT working see post #2

Search This thread

jitajt

Oct 10, 2008
here is a de-odexed ROM for the incredible that I put together, it has Launcher Pro and no HTC sense except what it needs to fully function. I have had no problems so far. this is for ROOT users and you must have ran the unrevoked REFLASH tool. this is for users that still want as senless of a ROM as possible but still be able to use some of the HTC apps.

put it on your sd card then boot into recovery, select -wipe data/factory reset then scroll down to -install zip from sdcard, then scroll once down to -choose zip from sdcard and then find the signed_070510_213150.zip and select it,
http://www.4shared.com/file/thyGHaxd/signed_070710_213150.html

it has superuser installed and everything that was needed for root. it also has wireless N enabled. if you have problems please let me know and I will try to fix it. I am not a master chef or themer, so I may not be able to help on everything but I will try. I am using dsixda's kitchen so without it I would have been completely clueless. anyways big thanks to dsixda for the kitchen, and Daneshm90 for the de-odexing files over at xda, and especially the unrevoked team for getting the reflash tool out. this is beta so use at your own risk!

programs removed:
HTC Sense (rosie)
all HTC widgets (can't use them without sense anyways)
facebook (can get a newer one from the market)
flicker
mms (replaced with handcent, removable)
twitter
HTC Album
HTC Music
HTC clock (replaced with DeskClock)
city id
pdf viewer
visual voicemail
VZ backup

Programs added:
droid x animation and sound, (sound doesn't work on my phone for some reason)
default lockscreen fixed now thanks to pardonmyfreedom
wifi tether
friendstream (added to get rid of the constant sync icon)
stock music app (removable)
youtube (from evo, removable)
astro file manager (removable)
Launcher Pro (removable if you prefer another launcher)
Rockplayer (for playing .avi files, removable)
brightness widget (removable)
3D Gallery
Geniewidget

I left the htc weather (causes FC's if removed), contacts, htc facebook, and htc fm radio

I am not and will not be held responsible for your device.

CAP201007051540.jpg
CAP201007082035.jpg

Last edited:

jitajt

Oct 10, 2008
ok here is a ROM or actually a nandroid backup with JIT enabled, I could not get it to work any other way, when I cooked it into a new ROM it would always give me the bootloop but if restored from a backup i had JIT would work fine. so I had to take the datadata.img from an old backup and add it to a new backup.

http://www.4shared.com/file/jpG5DRzY/nandroid.html

this ROM is overclocked at 1.113 with wireless n and may or may not work for you, everything seems to be working fine for me, and if any app FC's on you you may have to uninstall then reinstall it. it has ADW Launcher because launcher pro kept FCing on me and would not work. I am getting around 10.110-10.936 MFLOPS in linpack and quadrant scores of around 700. it is the same ROM as the one above this minus launcher pro.

Intsall:
download the file and extract it and put it in sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
boot into recovery select nandroid/restore and select the correct backup and let it do its thing.
once it restarts it will boot up to the lockscreen but will not run the initial setup program, so you will have to manually configure the settings.
after you restore to this you should not have to clear data or cache when installing one of my ROMs.

CAP2010070819211.jpg
CAP201007082044.jpg

Last edited:

Cameron_S

Jun 14, 2010
I have a few questions before I try it out.

Does GPS have satellite locks?
Auto-dim work?
Camera 8MP?
Internal store recognized?
Bluetooth work?

Thanks

jitajt

Oct 10, 2008
I have a few questions before I try it out.

Does GPS have satellite locks?
Auto-dim work?
Camera 8MP?
Internal store recognized?
Bluetooth work?

Thanks

yes everything works, it is a stock ROM that I de-odexed, took some, and added some apps to. I did notice that if you run the camera from inside of 3d gallery, it won't have camera as 8MP or let you switch to video recorder, but if you open the camera app it is just fine. unfortunately I can't fix the gallery camera issue I am not a Dev. maybe someone that knows what they are doing can fix that issue.

emplox

Jun 7, 2010
I'm not having good luck with this ROM at all...you can read all about it at droidsp0t.com/2010/07/05/jts-senseless-rom/.

I'd love for a few others to try this ROM and see if you get the same results as me.

jitajt: you're having no issues at all with this on your phone?

Last edited:

Cameron_S

Jun 14, 2010
Its working great for me. I have had no reboots so far and I can connect to my computer just fine. I did not wipe the cache which may make a difference.

Nice work.

jitajt

Oct 10, 2008
I'm not having good luck with this ROM at all...you can read all about it at droidsp0t.com/2010/07/05/jts-senseless-rom/.

I'd love for a few others to try this ROM and see if you get the same results as me.

jitajt: you're having no issues at all with this on your phone?

mine runs fine, I was using the 0.6 over clocked 1.113 undervolt kernel, I am currently going through the 0.7 kernels and will post what ones cause problems and which ones run fine.

here is a list of kernels that work for my phone with no stability issues: source http://hydrakernel.cz.cc/

stock speed undervolted kernel
#3 Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz Overvolt with Wirless N
#5 Overclocked Undervolted 1.113ghz Overvolt with Wireless N

I didn't test the ones without the wireless N but if you really want to I am sure they will work. (#4 or #6)

the one that would not boot:
#1 Overclocked Undervolted with Wireless N

Last edited:

emplox

Jun 7, 2010
Its working great for me. I have had no reboots so far and I can connect to my computer just fine. I did not wipe the cache which may make a difference.

Nice work.

That's good news, i will have to give it another try without wiping my cache. Should that be noted, or are people wiping cache and not having an issue as well?

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
Looks good. Everything seems to work. My only problem is typing 'su' in adb gets you a nasty 'Permission denied' message which is followed by the Superuser app notifying you of a root request, lol. I'm not sure I have ever had that happen. Try changing your default.prop to match the following.

Code:
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

I also have a hack to get a background for the stock lock screen if you are interested. Unfortunately, Android's lock screen is transparent by design.

emplox

Jun 7, 2010
Is this rom overclocked by default? If it is...that's more than likely why my phone reboots with this. I can't even use hydras 1.15 uvoc kernel because my phone can't handle it. I have to step down to the 1.13ghz kernel.

jitajt

Oct 10, 2008
Looks good. Everything seems to work. My only problem is typing 'su' in adb gets you a nasty 'Permission denied' message which is followed by the Superuser app notifying you of a root request, lol. I'm not sure I have ever had that happen. Try changing your default.prop to match the following.

Code:
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

I also have a hack to get a background for the stock lock screen if you are interested. Unfortunately, Android's lock screen is transparent by design.

Thanks for the tip I will add that to the default.prop,
I would appreciate it if you could send the file to me, or upload it here for other people until i get it cooked in.

Is this rom overclocked by default? If it is...that's more than likely why my phone reboots with this. I can't even use hydras 1.15 uvoc kernel because my phone can't handle it. I have to step down to the 1.13ghz kernel.

no it isn't OCed by default, I didn't have any problems with the 1.115 kernel or switching from that to the 1.113 kernel, I don't know why you are having so much trouble with it, I would love to hear if other people have the same problems as well. I am not a dev so if you or someone else can suggest what I need to do if anything to fix that please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Last edited:

Cameron_S

Jun 14, 2010
One thing I have noticed is the lockscreeb goes transparent vs just showing my current wallpaper. It's annoying to see two digital clocks pop up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MrGoodCat

Sep 29, 2009
Ventura
my name is JT! therefore i will now use this rom, haha.

thanks, was just gonna flash unrevolved and thought i'd check xda first. this rom sounds nice, can't wait to test it

dincodee

May 3, 2010
i am having that problem as well except i cannot even get into shell at all. Keeps saying device not found.

fibofan

Jan 27, 2010
JIT

did you include some Dalvik Jit components in this ROM? It seems to have some of the files in the ROM... What kind of MFLOPS do you get with this ROM in Linpack? Is it much higher than 7 or 8.0?

curious to try it