[Utility] Desktop Rom Flasher!! (Drag Drop & Flash!)

Search This thread

filmaker

Jan 21, 2011
Hello everyone, so I developed a small application called Desktop Flasher. All you need to do is drag the zip you want to flash and it'll automatically push it to your phone, write the appropriate script, and reboot you into recovery, and perform the flashing procedure. I hope to add new features (wireless support) as time goes on. Try it out and tell me what you think :)

5zoaif.png

Features
  • Drag Drop and Flash
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik and Data

Changelog:

• Initial Release

• Minor Bug Fixes
  • Incorporated Silent Updater

• Fixed Permission Issue

• Created First Time Run Program to avoid any setup issues
  • Auto renames zips with spaces in their title

• Small adjustment

Confirmed working on TWRP and CWM, I have not tested any other recovery, but it still should work the same. Please report back your findings.

Download and Extract the attached zip, and run Desktop Flasher.exe to launch, :)

When Launching the App for the very first time, I highly recommend that you update it to avoid any potential problems.
To Update the App just open it, and close it (via the usual x or exit button).

Source code: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9134840/Desktop Flasher/Desktop Flasher.zip

Attachments

• Release.zip
    511.7 KB · Views: 136,744
Last edited:

filmaker

Jan 21, 2011
FAQ

• I get a failed to push script/or during the first run program it can't detect my device in recovery mode!

1. You probably don't have the drivers installed for adb in recovery mode. It's easy though! Follow this quick guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379875

• Okay, so the program says "Great your Phone will do the rest" and my phone reboots into recovery, but nothing happens...wth??

1. Most likely the issue is that you're using a recovery that doesn't support openrecoveryscripting. (The official version of CWM and TWRP do)

Last edited:

hara74

Feb 9, 2012
Herrstein
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi 13
will it work with a Galaxy Note
Custom Rom and cwm

I made a few themes and had always to copy over the zips and flash them via phone
so I would be really happy if it will work on my device

sent from my G-Note

Reactions: RussianIce

filmaker

Jan 21, 2011
will it work with a Galaxy Note
Custom Rom and cwm

I made a few themes and had always to copy over the zips and flash them via phone
so I would be really happy if it will work on my device

sent from my G-Note

Cool. Yeah this should work on any device, I and any recovery with Openscript available (TWRP and CWM). I haven't tested cwm but I can confirm that it works on TWRP.

filmaker

Jan 21, 2011
jup, it was the spaces in the zip :good:

but now it shows: Failed to push Script

the files are copied to phone correctly

Okay, I just released an update that'll fix it. To update the program just open it, then hit the exit button, and it'll update. The problem was with some devices you can't push to /cache unless you're in recovery. When I'm running sense it works fine, but whenever I switch to AOSP, I would run into that issue. Fixed now :)

Reactions: hara74

hara74

Feb 9, 2012
Herrstein
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi 13
I used the new one v1.1 ;)

sorry, I just saw there's a 1.2

will try it again

sent from my G-Note

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I just tried it with the new 1.2,
but unfortunately it booted into recovery without doing anything else,
it´s like I would boot into recovery manually

then after a few seconds it pops up again: Failed to push Script :crying: :crying: :crying:

filmaker

Jan 21, 2011
I used the new one v1.1 ;)

sorry, I just saw there's a 1.2

will try it again

sent from my G-Note

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I just tried it with the new 1.2,
but unfortunately it booted into recovery without doing anything else,
it´s like I would boot into recovery manually

then after a few seconds it pops up again: Failed to push Script :crying: :crying: :crying:

Hmmm...alright. Lol thanks for being my only dignified tester haha. Okay, can you do me a favor. Download the zip I attached to this post, and run the recovery.bat file. (It'll reboot your device into recovery and attempt to push a file to your cache after a 25 second delay) and can you tell me the output. (Whether it pushes or gives a permission error) Thanks.

Attachments

• test.zip
    386 bytes · Views: 442

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, so I developed a small application called Desktop Flasher. All you need to do is drag the zip you want to flash and it'll automatically push it to your phone, write the appropriate script, and reboot you into recovery, and perform the flashing procedure. I hope to add new features (wireless support) as time goes on. Try it out and tell me what you think :)

5zoaif.png

Features
    • Drag Drop and Flash
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik and Data

Changelog:

• Initial Release

• Minor Bug Fixes
    • Incorporated Silent Updater

• Fixed Permission Issue

• Created First Time Run Program to avoid any setup issues
    • Auto renames zips with spaces in their title

• Small adjustment

Confirmed working on TWRP and CWM, I have not tested any other recovery, but it still should work the same. Please report back your findings.

Download and Extract the attached zip, and run Desktop Flasher.exe to launch, :)

When Launching the App for the very first time, I highly recommend that you update it to avoid any potential problems.
    To Update the App just open it, and close it (via the usual x or exit button).

Source code: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9134840/Desktop Flasher/Desktop Flasher.zip
    FAQ

• I get a failed to push script/or during the first run program it can't detect my device in recovery mode!

1. You probably don't have the drivers installed for adb in recovery mode. It's easy though! Follow this quick guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1379875

• Okay, so the program says "Great your Phone will do the rest" and my phone reboots into recovery, but nothing happens...wth??

1. Most likely the issue is that you're using a recovery that doesn't support openrecoveryscripting. (The official version of CWM and TWRP do)
    hey m8,

it seems to work :laugh:

now the pc recognize the phone in recovery mode and then comes popup window: "Done. Your Phone do the rest"
    and the recovery reboots again and flashed my zip :good:

thanks a lot for ur work and patience ;)

Yes! No thank you for being my tester! :)
    How to connect device ? ... is debug mode?

Yes, just make sure USB debugging is on, and your drivers are already installed.
    Alright Cool.

Released a new update, it'll fix possible flash errors in recovery.