Random mobile network drops. Any fix?

Search This thread

johnequickiii

For some reason, even while on my home Wi-Fi, I get random mobile data drops. Unsure why. I've never had this issue before upgrading to the first KitKat ota then rooting/s-off then taking the ota updates to 3.05.651.6.

Any ideas on what would be causing it or how to fix it?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

johnequickiii

Double post.

Attachments

• 1398633258896.jpg
    1398633258896.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

noah.xda

Feb 19, 2014
It could be your radio. If ur data dropped less frequently before try flashing an older radio. There is a thread in the general section that has all the radios from all the ota's which u can flash in recovery.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

johnequickiii

Ok Because I don't need to be rooted or any of that stuff as long as the phone works as it should after going back to 3.05.651.6.

I just hope it fixes the issues I'm having. This one in the OP and the wifi notification setting being broken.

Thanks for the help. ^^

johnequickiii

Did the RUU. Unsure if it will solve the disconnect issue, but for some reason my wifi notifications issue is still there. I turn on notifications in settings, back out, go back to settings, and the setting is unchecked, though I still get wifi notifications.

johnequickiii

I don't like the newest firmware, unfortunately. It just kinda ruined the phone experience for me. Do you think that instead of getting the latest fw that there would be network components or something I can flash to fix it? I think the radio I'm on is the latest, 1108. Don't know what else would be involved with it.

You think the fact that my phone thinks it's a dev phone has anything to do with it?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't like the newest firmware, unfortunately. It just kinda ruined the phone experience for me. Do you think that instead of getting the latest fw that there would be network components or something I can flash to fix it? I think the radio I'm on is the latest, 1108. Don't know what else would be involved with it.

You think the fact that my phone thinks it's a dev phone has anything to do with it?

well, don't know but there was a connectivity fix in the latest firmware, if i'm not mistaken, just flash omj's flashable for s-off users if you're s-off it won't change your phone experience.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can you point me in the direction of that, please? That sounds like what I'm looking for I think.

How do you mean it won't change my phone experience though?

in the general section look for firmware by BD619, that's the latest

i don't really know what you meant by phone experience, so you can flash the firmware and stay on the rom you have

Top Liked Posts