[Q] Not sure where to start.. :/

Search This thread

AlphaK20

May 28, 2014
Hey everyone, im new to this site and to rooting and im not sure where to start... I would like to root my ZL but theres so much info on these forums I have no clue if Im looking at the correct stuff or not.. I would appreciate anyone willing to give me some guidance and this. My overall objective is to basically clear out the bloatware, increase the sound volume through my headphone jack, speed up my handset and maybe a new skin and whatever other cool things i discover by having a rooted phone. here are my specs-

Model:c6506
android versoin:4.4.2
build number:10.5.A.0.230

I apologize if this thread is not in the correct area. and thanks in advance for any help

thanks alot:good: Please bear with me as i am completely new to android modification.

-how do i know if my bootloader is unlockable? how can i check?
-what backup app should i use to regain my info afterwards?
-and i assume flashtool is the the proper program to use?

-go to dialer and press *#*#7378423#*#*, go to service info and then to configuration. see the last line.
-normal backup app found in your phone.
-yes androxyde's flashtool. http://www.flashtool.net/

Reactions: AlphaK20

AlphaK20

May 28, 2014
Do i use the flash tool to install C6502_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip and C6502_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf ? Im a bit lost, these tutorials dont seem like they are made for beginners:(

Do i use the flash tool to install C6502_10.5.A.0.230.flashable.zip and C6502_10.5.A.0.230_Stripped.ftf ? Im a bit lost, these tutorials dont seem like they are made for beginners:(

if you want detailed guide, visit this http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/development/guide-how-to-root-101-firmware-lb-t2656698
it's for xperia z. but make sure that you download the files which are meant for your phone. take the help of my thread for the required files.

AlphaK20

May 28, 2014
I dont think anything even happened.. I flashed the first tft file or whatever and flashtool did a bunch of stuff but everything is still the same from i can tell..
and whats the difference between flashing a file and rooting one?

Top Liked Posts