[Q] My Galaxy S2 is having a plethora of issues!

Search This thread

nocht420

Dec 6, 2013
Okay, I will be as detailed as I can be. First things first, it's my moms phone. Me and my dad are the "tech people" in my house, and he doesn't know as much about Android as I do, so he referred her to me, and I'm lost...

What is it: Samsung Galaxy SII (GTI-1900), running Android 4.2 I believe (I upgraded it previously to fix some problems)

Now it seems some of the problems it used to have, have returned with a vengeance! For some reason, when she tries to shut it down by holding the power/sleep/wake button, it just shuts down. Upon being off, it simply goes through a cycle of showing the battery loading, then the battery being fully charged, then shutting off again, this is all while UNPLUGGED!

But wait, there's more!
Upon turning on, which you have to plug it in first to turn it on, the task menu, whatever it may be called, task monitor/manager I suppose, says that two things are running, the clock, which is understandable due to alarms that are set daily, and Google Play Music, which she doesn't use Ever. Somehow it has started at boot... Upon tapping "close all" it closes all, but the widget still shows 2 processes running, which does not show up after tapping the widget and opening the task monitor. My dad's phone is perfectly normal, yet is the SAME PHONE. any idea how this is happening?
EDIT: It also, after being unplugged, will show "Charged" on the lock screen. the lock screen is the default for the device.

P.S. The ROM I flashed to it is NOT CUSTOM. I got it direct from Samsung updates. It is however, I believe, the European version, as I could not find an american version. The phone is also not rooted.

Last edited:

santhosh502

Jul 14, 2013
Greensboro
Okay, I will be as detailed as I can be. First things first, it's my moms phone. Me and my dad are the "tech people" in my house, and he doesn't know as much about Android as I do, so he referred her to me, and I'm lost...

What is it: Samsung Galaxy SII (GTI-1900), running Android 4.2 I believe (I upgraded it previously to fix some problems)

Now it seems some of the problems it used to have, have returned with a vengeance! For some reason, when she tries to shut it down by holding the power/sleep/wake button, it just shuts down. Upon being off, it simply goes through a cycle of showing the battery loading, then the battery being fully charged, then shutting off again, this is all while UNPLUGGED!

But wait, there's more!
Upon turning on, which you have to plug it in first to turn it on, the task menu, whatever it may be called, task monitor/manager I suppose, says that two things are running, the clock, which is understandable due to alarms that are set daily, and Google Play Music, which she doesn't use Ever. Somehow it has started at boot... Upon tapping "close all" it closes all, but the widget still shows 2 processes running, which does not show up after tapping the widget and opening the task monitor. My dad's phone is perfectly normal, yet is the SAME PHONE. any idea how this is happening?
EDIT: It also, after being unplugged, will show "Charged" on the lock screen. the lock screen is the default for the device.

P.S. The ROM I flashed to it is NOT CUSTOM. I got it direct from Samsung updates. It is however, I believe, the European version, as I could not find an american version. The phone is also not rooted.

I too faced a similar problem. The "UNPLUGGED CHARGING" was due to some fault in my micro usb cable in the phone. I resolved it by cleaning the usb port with a brush/needles. BTW dont force too hard. This may not be the only solution. But do try this. :fingers-crossed: