Just received an official firmware update for my US P7510 via OTA:

Android version: 3.2
Build number: HTJ85B.UEKMM P7510UEKMM

Last edited:
Reactions: gokpog

jenskristian

Dec 5, 2009
Kristiansand
For those having installed this. Does the "regular" root zip from CWM still work? I have a US 10.1 WiFi which I updated to UEKME before flashing XWKI2. I'm guessing this update will show up if I manage to return to UEKME, but I'll probably just wait for it to be posted here :)

Last edited:

Maris_

Nov 16, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I just got mine OTA, too. It took quite a while to install after the download, and just as I was getting concerned, it finished. Everything seems OK. Now to go find out what's new/changed.

Joschi75

May 20, 2009
After updating to this firmware I cannot connect to my WLAN anymore (which was working properly before the upgrade). This is even true after doing a factory reset of the device.
Anybody else facing this issue ?

Update:
Issue is related to DHCP. After configuring a static IP it's working as expected.

Last edited:

jenskristian

Dec 5, 2009
Kristiansand
Can't wait to get home from work to see if I'll get the update too. My tab is bought in the US, but is running Russian (?) XWKI2. Might have to re-flash UEKME to get the update I would think.

gokpog

Nov 30, 2009
Just received an official firmware update for my US P7510 via OTA:
Thanks for the info!
I'm waiting for a cwm flashable zip. Installing an official update is way to risky if you want to keep your bootloader unlocked.

@WIFI Problem: What wifi channel are you on? If it's above 11, try something lower. It might be the regulatory domain (US= channels 1-11).

Joschi75

May 20, 2009
Thanks for the hint about channels but this doesn't seem to be the reason. I'm on channel 1 in the 2.4 GHz band + DHCP is also failing in the 5 GHz band

ndd2

Jun 5, 2010
wifi probs

in the discussion of task's 3.2 rom on the development board there was some discussion of wifi problems, i think it was related to energy saving mode or something so maybe turn that off.

sinkMe

Sep 16, 2008
After updating to this firmware I cannot connect to my WLAN anymore (which was working properly before the upgrade). This is even true after doing a factory reset of the device.
Anybody else facing this issue ?

Update:
Issue is related to DHCP. After configuring a static IP it's working as expected.

Same here :(

cowbelt

Oct 14, 2010
I have same problem with my wife's gtab as well. It keep trying but never get IP from my Linksys router (N).

clb33fyxj

Sep 25, 2010
same here with the no wi-fi. was able to "connect" by setting ip to static and inputting the info in the fields manually, however i dont have any connectivity to the interweb... this update rocks :confused:

ajshaikh

Mar 24, 2010
I've purchased my GT-P7510 from USA and root it, about as follows:

Android Version

Kernel Version
root@DELL155 #1

Build Number
HMJ37 P7510JPKG6

AND NO OTA UPDATE HERE IN SAUDI ARABIA...!!:mad:

linuxJockey

Jul 12, 2007
Just got off a live chat with Samsung. Here is an excerpt from the chat.

Visitor: I'm noticing many complaints on some message boards now about network issues with the new update. Are there problems with 3.2?
Rex: Let me give you a feew minutes while I check the information for you.
Visitor: I am able to connect if I set the IP to static. I can't do this for every network I connect to.
Visitor: I need to be able to use DHCP
Rex: I understand your situation.
Rex: Please give me a few minutes to check the information.
Rex: Thanks for the holding.
Rex: The problem is with the version 3.2
Rex: Please perform the hard reset on your tab once.

It appears there is still some work for Samsung on the 3.2 version.
I'll try the Hard Reset, but I'm not holding my breath it will fix this bug.

Last edited:

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I've purchased my GT-P7510 from USA and root it, about as follows:

Android Version

Kernel Version
root@DELL155 #1

Build Number
HMJ37 P7510JPKG6

AND NO OTA UPDATE HERE IN SAUDI ARABIA...!!:mad:

The only OTA update for US tabs is KME and now KMM. KG6 is not a US ROM hence why you have not seen an update.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

danielps23

Sep 29, 2010
Same problem here. I can only connect to wifi using static ip address. I also tried the factory reset and it did not work. It is really annonying not having DHCP working.

Screen auto-rotate is also not working!!

I hope Sammy releases a fix for this soon.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts