[Q] 4.3: cf auto root, triangle away and Ota

Search This thread

IlBene95

Dec 30, 2013
Verona
Hi there, I'm not so experienced so far but I'd like to root my Galaxy S3 All stock with 4.3 build, I9300XXUGMK6 (unbranded italian). So far I understood that as long as I only want to run some root apps, I can use cf auto root and mantain all stock, 'cause it will reinstall stock recovery. Then I want to know if triangle away works on 4.3 (recently has been updated to 3.26).
After that will I be able to get OTA, as long as the system files are stock and the only difference is the root and some root apps? Can someone confirm this? Thanks everyone.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Yes to CF auto root, yes to triangle away, no to ota -it won't update if you have modified your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

IlBene95

Dec 30, 2013
Verona
Yes to CF auto root, yes to triangle away, no to ota -it won't update if you have modified your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Are you sure? There's much confusion in this forum about ota with root, some say that it is possible to get it, if the reovery and the rom are full stock, only there's the possibility to lose root... In fact, there is an option, in SuperSU, which allows to mantain root even after OTA, so I guess it's posible to get it... Am I wrong?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Sure lets put it this way 99% of posts that have OTA problems are rooted and the install fails .
Via the method you post just going to have to try it as i have only seen one claiming it works .
But as i don't have OTA i cannot test .

IlBene95

Dec 30, 2013
Verona
Sure lets put it this way 99% of posts that have OTA problems are rooted and the install fails .
Via the method you post just going to have to try it as i have only seen one claiming it works .
But as i don't have OTA i cannot test .

Thank you for the answer. So assuming Ota not possible, after reset flash counter with triangle away if I want to download it or to claim warranty back I'll only have to flash a stock firmware with odin and it's done? Right?