[Q] Internet Browser

Search This thread

buickman94

Jan 5, 2012
So I updated the One Max to 4.4 and I after a factory reset, the Internet Browser, (not Chrome), does not sync my Gmail bookmarks anymore, is there a workaround or has someone else noticed this? My DNA, 4.4 also, lost the same function. Also, I know this sounds paranoid, but is there a way to see if a web browser from the play store is URL tracking, data mining, or if my web traffic is passing through servers capable of harvesting my passwords. I like the Mercury browser, but the privacy policy sounds like the garbage Dolphin does. Any advise? FYI, I must have a web browser that I can set a custom user agent or the user agent can be set as a Windows computer. I don't care for Chrome by the way. Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

buickman94

Jan 5, 2012
Thank you for replying, I guess I am asking if it is possible that the web browser I prefer, Mercury, is passing my data on to the developers. Is there a way to tell if it is phoning home or is my connection passing through one of their servers so they can use a packet sniffer to pick out information such as passwords? I know this may sound paranoid, but between Chrome and Dolphin's phoning home, I was looking to see if anyone had any information. Update, after testing, i found that Maxthon will also work well for my requirement, so which do any of you think is better, Maxthon or Mercury?

Last edited: