[ LISTING][THEMES] Working directory of themes usable on KK VZW Note3

Search This thread

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Purpose:
This thread will be a work in progress. It will serve as a directory of themes on other devices and/or Note3 variants that will work with ours. Each listing will have a few screen shots showing a- how it looks, and b- that it works on our Note3.

Also look at Post #2 for other themed apps and resources that may be of interest!

Requirements:
This directory will be broken into 2 skill level categories.
1-Easy: Flash in SafeStrap Recovery as is, no edits required.
2-Moderate: some monor changes are required to make the theme work safely on our Note 3 (name edits, simple deletions) that anyone with a general working knowledge of how to decompress/recompress zip files for flashing in SS could do it.
☆Changes that involve moving stuff around or editing the install script (like aroma installer based themes) will not be listed. For those to work, permission from the creator to PORT it will be required, and it should have it's own thread!☆

Contribution:
Anyone can! As long as the theme compatibility fits the above requirements, you provide screen shots, and you provide a working link to the original theme's thread here on xda. If it fits into the "moderate skill" category, you must also provide what files you had to change/delete to get it set up properly. You may post it on your own, or pm me the details and I will add it. Credit for the user giving each listing will be given.

☆You must link to the original Thread! Linking to the download location (original or self-made) is not allowed and will be edited or removed!☆

Updating:
I will update the OP and listings as time permits.

Questions:
Questions and comments about problems with installation of the themes listed here should be posted here. These themes were not actually meant for our device, so let's try and keep the original theme's thread clear of problems and try to solve them here. Posting on the original theme's thread thank the creator is strongly encouraged!

DIRECTORY

Easy:​

AlexanderBlue Theme ported by ksr007
Found by @jrbxx7

All Backs Black by Kdio and coldmethod
Found by @jrbxx7
Now officially made for the VZW Note 3 HERE

BoBCAT Universal by BoBCaTRoM

Cobalt by dustinb17

Moderate

KromeX Themes by cerj this includes: Blak Krome, Blak X, and Blu X!

Last edited:

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Themed Apps:

Team Blacked Out - Discussion thread on their inverted and transparent app collection. Check the OP for a link to their website and the Free Updater App. An app for your phone to browse and download their stuff!

Air Command theme for Kit Kat 4.4.2 n900/9005/odexed/deodexed - 100+ Air Command Themes!
Found by @jrbxx7

Transparent Widget Skins - Thread where users can request a "widget" to be made transparent! Use what they got already, or request one you would like to see!

Black and Blue themed Tapatalk
Black and blue and beautiful. By @cerj. See post #1038 in his thread.

Other theming resources:

KAT Kit - A very cool 7Zip add-on to assist in theming/batch theming plus a whole lot more!! @Kdio is doing some great things over here, and you should really check this out!

Last edited:

Psychotic Penguin

Jun 20, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Bobcat's one of my favorites.

Just flashed working just fine thanks for confirming it works!

Have a look at "The Best Theme Ever" I ran that on 4.3 as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyGR

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
[THEME'S] NC5D [KK 4.4]-[JB 4.3][*** KromeX Themes ***"]

He's got a few themes here. But I installed the Universal Blak Krome.
This one takes a little modding, but looks good! (Follow link, and go to post #760 for download links)

Unzip the theme and make the following edits to make it work:
Files to delete:
System/app/SecEmail_J.apk (it kept f/c at startup)
System/priv-app/VVM.apk (Sprint app)

File to edit:
vrtheme/system/app/SBrowser_SPR.apk. Remove the "_SPR" if you want the browser themed.

A few nice things. The phone, contacts, and mms apps are inverted! Haven't tried the others on his thread.

Also worth noting. There is a full framework-res.apk that is installed. If you're not running a custom rom, it will be fine. If you are, try it anyways. And restore a backup if you have issues.

zuga6u3y.jpg

aheru2ag.jpg

Last edited:

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
Installed bobcat and then edited blak krome to only install phone mms and contacts for the inverted look. Dang near perfect and everything is now themed.

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Installed bobcat and then edited blak krome to only install phone mms and contacts for the inverted look. Dang near perfect and everything is now themed.

One of the nice things about knowing your way around an install zip package... Mix n match! I'm running elements of darkhorse, blak krome, bobcat, and cobalt.

<Note3>

Reactions: jrbxx7

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
One of the nice things about knowing your way around an install zip package... Mix n match! I'm running elements of darkhorse, blak krome, bobcat, and cobalt.

<Note3>

For sure.. I just use zarchiver to open them on my phone and dump/edit what I want. Can't stand the ugly @$$ white and tw colors. Gotta be dark. haha.

tyloud78

Oct 22, 2010

I tried this method and it appears to have broke the group message function on mms. Did you do anything besides leave the apks mentioned?

tyloud78

Oct 22, 2010
There may be some quirks. It it a Sprint theme. What does it do? I haven't tried using group sms and don't have this loaded right now.

This is true as I'm on Verizon. I can send a send a group message. However when someone responds to the group message, it returns in a single response instead of maintaining the group thread. That's the only issue I've noticed so far. Thanks

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
This is true as I'm on Verizon. I can send a send a group message. However when someone responds to the group message, it returns in a single response instead of maintaining the group thread. That's the only issue I've noticed so far. Thanks

I see. Go into settings and uncheck this setting. Does that fix it for you?

eta9y4u7.jpg

<Note3>

Reactions: tyloud78

tyloud78

Oct 22, 2010
I see. Go into settings and uncheck this setting. Does that fix it for you?

eta9y4u7.jpg

<Note3>

Now mms won't send. Just clocks and the message never goes through. It's all good. Everything else functions perfect. I can continue to use the base mms. ?

mwshows

Jan 23, 2011
umu7u5ah.jpg

ygesuhaq.jpg

Only part of Cobalt I have right now is the camera app.
2a3enaje.jpg

May I inquire as to what dialer/contacts/messaging you are using? If you mentioned it before I apologize for missing it.

I have flashed this theme and have the white background in those 3 things still. My guess is that you took APKs from something else to replace them with that had dark backgrounds. If I'm correct in that, can you point me what you used?

EDIT: are they from dark horse, black chrome, or cobalt?

EDIT2: I'm and idiot! So sorry just saw the answer up the page on using contacts/dialer/messaging from blak chrome. Sorry to waste space asking lol.

Sent From The Darkside of My N3

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyGR and jrbxx7

Top Liked Posts