Wiperd partitions can't go to CWM

Search This thread

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
Hei. Yesterday i unlocked m xperia z ultra, after process i install cwm, then i went to recovery and before install CM i wiped all partition.
Now i have a problem to go in CWM and phone is stucking on SONY logo ( is normal because is no any system on it )
How can i reflash it?

Is any possibility to lock bootloader and flash it via SEUS?

Or any other suggestion?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Hei. Yesterday i unlocked m xperia z ultra, after process i install cwm, then i went to recovery and before install CM i wiped all partition.
Now i have a problem to go in CWM and phone is stucking on SONY logo ( is normal because is no any system on it )
How can i reflash it?

Is any possibility to lock bootloader and flash it via SEUS?

Or any other suggestion?

No system = No boot ;)

We actually need some of the sony stuff on the phone to get the custom ROMs to work, and you may well have deleted those bits.

To be safe I would download a generic US/EU 757 FTF and flash that with Flashtool https://unrestrict.li/flashtool in flashmode. there are guides on here for doing that if you dont know how.

after that you will need to flash a recovery again, the best one to use is the on in the kernel that is in the ROM's zip (boot.img) this can also be flashed with flashtool (fastboot mode this time). Once you have recovery flash the ROM and just wipe data/cache/dalvik

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
No system = No boot ;)

We actually need some of the sony stuff on the phone to get the custom ROMs to work, and you may well have deleted those bits.

To be safe I would download a generic US/EU 757 FTF and flash that with Flashtool https://unrestrict.li/flashtool in flashmode. there are guides on here for doing that if you dont know how.

after that you will need to flash a recovery again, the best one to use is the on in the kernel that is in the ROM's zip (boot.img) this can also be flashed with flashtool (fastboot mode this time). Once you have recovery flash the ROM and just wipe data/cache/dalvik

i have phone in fastboot mode ( blue light )

and phone is detected like "Android ADB Interface"

it was S1Boot and i installed ADB Drivers

so wat's now? because phone is not reconized in this mode by flashtool

ps. how can i get stock boot and lock now recovery ? ( i will be able unlock it after i will lock it now? )

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
i have phone in fastboot mode ( blue light )

and phone is detected like "Android ADB Interface"

it was S1Boot and i installed ADB Drivers

so wat's now? because phone is not reconized in this mode by flashtool

Can you get it into flashmode? Vol down when connecting to PC, led will flash (green?) for about .5 sec before going out.

If you can get it into flash mode it should be an easy fix.

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
Can you get it into flashmode? Vol down when connecting to PC, led will flash (green?) for about .5 sec before going out.

If you can get it into flash mode it should be an easy fix.

yes green for 0.5 sec but then is nothing... after few second is trying to boot with sony logo

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
What is the output to flashtool then you do both fastboot and flash mode?

@LordManhattan, you around? I'm off to sleep as I've got 500km to drive tomorrow

"Wait for flash mode..."
and instruction how to go to flash mode.

and... i try to install use adb sideload... after uploading on phone and starting installation

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
- Download QuickIMG
- Download BOOT.img
- Put your Ultra in Fastboot (Blue LED)
- Open QuickIMG
- Flash BOOT.img
- Disconnect your Ultra and power it on. Press VOL UP a couple of times when the LED turns on. You're now in Recovery. Flash CM11 or whatever again.

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
- Download QuickIMG
- Download BOOT.img
- Put your Ultra in Fastboot (Blue LED)
- Open QuickIMG
- Flash BOOT.img
- Disconnect your Ultra and power it on. Press VOL UP a couple of times when the LED turns on. You're now in Recovery. Flash CM11 or whatever again.

Even after flashing is stuck on SONY logo...

EDIT: CM is working great. GPE don't boot, anyway is enought. Thank U :)

Last edited:

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
I think you need to get into flash mode and flash loader/partitions/elable/kernel/rpm/etc no need to flash system. I hope that you can get it back

Now imei imei lost.
Hmmm custom is working but imei is gone, and flash tool is not working :/
just don't see phone even in this is in flash mode.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Now imei imei lost.
Hmmm custom is working but imei is gone, and flash tool is not working :/
just don't see phone even in this is in flash mode.

So you have a booting ZU now, but imei is missing?

the imei issue is from a non compatible, but in your case maybe missing, baseband. If you go to settings/about phone what is the baseband?

After a little reading I found these instructions for flashing a ftf via adb and fastboot:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562110

Extract the ftf (you may need to change the extension to .zip) then you will get something like 10 *.sin files, kernel.sin, system.sin, userdata.sin, etc

Should be able to then flash them with the fastboot command

fastboot flash boot kernel.sin
fastboot flash system system.sin
fastboot flash userdata userdata.sin
Flash all of them to go back to a stock system

This is untested by me so use with caution, you might want to do a bit more research on fastboot/adb and flashing

you might have to install adt-bundle

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
So you have a booting ZU now, but imei is missing?

the imei issue is from a non compatible, but in your case maybe missing, baseband. If you go to settings/about phone what is the baseband?

After a little reading I found these instructions for flashing a ftf via adb and fastboot:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562110

Extract the ftf (you may need to change the extension to .zip) then you will get something like 10 *.sin files, kernel.sin, system.sin, userdata.sin, etc

Should be able to then flash them with the fastboot command

fastboot flash boot kernel.sin
fastboot flash system system.sin
fastboot flash userdata userdata.sin
Flash all of them to go back to a stock system

This is untested by me so use with caution, you might want to do a bit more research on fastboot/adb and flashing

you might have to install adt-bundle

D:\android-sdk-windows\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot kernel.sin
sending 'boot' (9562 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.312s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)
finished. total time: 0.312s

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
yes partition name BOOT and file name kernel.sin...
or another?

sorry, I misread your post.

What partitions did you wipe fs_1 and fs_2? I think these will be stopping the radio working. anythig else that you wiped (not worried about data and system and cache)

It would be much easier if flashmode worked

Exactly what happens then you do this:

• Turn off phone
  • Hold vol. down key
  • Connect to PC

How long does it stay in flashmode and you say flashtool doesn't see it in flashmode?

Dabman

Jan 6, 2012
sorry, I misread your post.

What partitions did you wipe fs_1 and fs_2? I think these will be stopping the radio working. anythig else that you wiped (not worried about data and system and cache)

It would be much easier if flashmode worked

Exactly what happens then you do this:

• Turn off phone
  • Hold vol. down key
  • Connect to PC

How long does it stay in flashmode and you say flashtool doesn't see it in flashmode?

phone is detected in flash mode, about 1min tjen is boot to sustem. but it cant be flashed... flasher dont reconize phone.
i was thinking about using dd and on working system overwrite partitions. extracted files on sd write to partition by dd.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
phone is detected in flash mode, about 1min tjen is boot to sustem. but it cant be flashed... flasher dont reconize phone.
i was thinking about using dd and on working system overwrite partitions. extracted files on sd write to partition by dd.
I'm having trouble understanding the first line.
Have you tried to uninstall all the drivers and reinstall them?