(Request) Inverted Mms.apk and Gmail.apk

Search This thread

infinit22

Nov 17, 2012
I cannot get these inverted MMS to work. Keep getting fc, whether I push the apk or flash a zip. Any help?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

substanceneil

Jan 26, 2011
I cannot get these inverted MMS to work. Keep getting fc, whether I push the apk or flash a zip. Any help?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

I use Sliding SMS or 8SMS from the market. Both have an inverted theme. Sliding is less buggy and has some more ui tweaks for me.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made an inverted version of the cm mms app that I use. It works perfectly with stock rom including picture and video messaging. Allows you to send messages out to the groups in your stock contact app as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c5ipb1afd-RGFVVDZ6R0t4TWc/edit?usp=sharing
    Team Blacked Out has a ton of black apps.

http://www.designrifts.com/teamblackedoutapp/recently-updated-2/

8sms is a good replacement for MMS app.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk 2
    Weird but I can not install none of this zips with TWRP - Failed status everytime

You can install them. Just extract apk from zip file, change original apk to apk.bak, push the new one to the same folder, give it original name, change permissions to rw-r-r and reboot. I've already installed inverted mms, gmail, play and music.
    I do have all of that on my N7 by using Wug's Toolkit. I was testing this first on the N7 before attempting this on my Moto X. It all is really to have it working on my Moto X.

You have nothing to loose. As long as you keep original files somewhere you can always get back with just deleting modified and pushing into the system original ones.
    Just download the team blackout Downloader, they have a lot of apps in black, including mms and Gmail. Thanks to that app, I now have in black:Shazam, Twitter, Gmail, mms, WhatsApp, Google now, Google keep, play store... Per app it gives you instructions so on how to install

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&sour...dcPmanmfJmrqwdSwg&sig2=Ivad7vHm_11fJZSElpOdFw

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

I have the others, but not Gmail and Email any more. They became corrupted and the reason is the same as described on the TeamBlackout website under QA:

Q: "Man I love your stuff but why is themed Gmail and Chrome force closing all of a sudden, but when I install the stock ones they work fine?"

A: Google updated play services aka "Google Settings" that has some new code that these apps use. Somewhere in coding these apps to theme, either our tools or a process we used to build them has a conflict in Google's new code. We have many of our own developers as well as the entire XDA theme community working on a fix. For now just uninstall updates to play services and roll back to the latest working version using these steps:

Uninstall updates:
    Menu/Settings/Apps/Downloaded"tab"/Google Play services - Uninstall updates then hit yes to using factory version
    "Note: if the option to uninstall is greyed out you must turn off the administrative settings in Menu/Settings/Security/Device Administrators then uncheck Android Device Manager"

Once that's done if you don't have root just reboot and install this:

GoogleSettings4.2.43.apk

If you have root backup first then flash this:

StockGoogleSettings-4.2.43.zip

OR for KitKat this:

StockGoogleSettings-4.2.43-KitKat.zip