[Q] How To unbrick LG P714 -Help-

Search This thread

flomix77

Jun 12, 2014
Hello I are trying unbrick my LG L7X but i cant! :(

when i tried to flash the device, an error appears
[see the image below]
http: //i.imgur.com/AwtLxma.jpg
and the device dont make anything.. the emergency mode screen is still without restart or other thing..

I already download the all firmwares of Mexico (TELCEL) displayed here http ://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=21 and is not working too, =(

My phone information is:
Model: LGP714
Phone Company: TELCEL

I really need help, i already go to the "technologhy center" in my country and any body haves a idea of what happens with my phone Lol. :(

sorry for my bad english, :p

Last edited:

flomix77

Jun 12, 2014
What procedure you use to flash KDZ? Have you try emergency mode in updater? Have you CWM installed on device?
And yes, it is worst scenario when you try to flash rom for other device...

I are following these steps:
(when i turn on my phone only the LG logo appears)
1.- Turn Off my Phone
2.- Configure the KDZ Updater settings, Type 3GQCT and mode CS_EMERGENCY (I already tried the all modes)
3.- remove the batery
4.- Connect the USB and press vol+
5.- Now are in emergency mode (windows has detected the device because i already have the LG drivers and PC Suite)
6.- Click on "Launch Software Update"
7.- Wait while the firmware is installing..
i already use a application to found my original (official) firmware from LG page (V10A_09.kdz TCL/TELCEL MEXICO)
But when i tried install this kdz an error appears in the Updater KDZ (in the 14% of progress) and the phone its bricked on emergency mode..
I already tried a lot of differents KDZ Files, V20A_00, V120H_00, and nothing...

How i can do? :(

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
I are following these steps:
(when i turn on my phone only the LG logo appears)
1.- Turn Off my Phone
2.- Configure the KDZ Updater settings, Type 3GQCT and mode CS_EMERGENCY (I already tried the all modes)
3.- remove the batery
4.- Connect the USB and press vol+
5.- Now are in emergency mode (windows has detected the device because i already have the LG drivers and PC Suite)
6.- Click on "Launch Software Update"
7.- Wait while the firmware is installing..
i already use a application to found my original (official) firmware from LG page (V10A_09.kdz TCL/TELCEL MEXICO)
But when i tried install this kdz an error appears in the Updater KDZ (in the 14% of progress) and the phone its bricked on emergency mode..
I already tried a lot of differents KDZ Files, V20A_00, V120H_00, and nothing...

How i can do? :(

Try this:
1. Download older version of kdz updater: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8h5t1mqcuclijv/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.rar
2. unpack it on root of c:
3. Pull out LAN cable, or disable internet connection
4. Run msxml.msi from unpacked kdz_fw_upd_en folder
5.put the KDZ you download previously and be carefull to choose only KDZ FOR YOUR DEVICE on root of C:
6. Turn off the phone, hold the volume "down" and insert the USB cable, should see a yellow background and the words "Emergency mode"
7. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
8. choose parameters 3GQCT and DIAG, select the firmware file (KDZ)
9. Click Launch software update and wait...
10. If update stuck again on some %, (stuck means no progres for long time, like 10-15 min), unplug USB, pull out battery, reinsert and repeat from step 6. If you are lucky, mabe previous flash turns back partition organisation destroyed by flashing firmware for other phones, and second flash finish succesfull. In that case, do factory reset,,
11. good luck

flomix77

Jun 12, 2014
The error appears again :(

Try this:
1. Download older version of kdz updater:
2. unpack it on root of c:
3. Pull out LAN cable, or disable internet connection
4. Run msxml.msi from unpacked kdz_fw_upd_en folder
5.put the KDZ you download previously and be carefull to choose only KDZ FOR YOUR DEVICE on root of C:
6. Turn off the phone, hold the volume "down" and insert the USB cable, should see a yellow background and the words "Emergency mode"
7. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
8. choose parameters 3GQCT and DIAG, select the firmware file (KDZ)
9. Click Launch software update and wait...
10. If update stuck again on some %, (stuck means no progres for long time, like 10-15 min), unplug USB, pull out battery, reinsert and repeat from step 6. If you are lucky, mabe previous flash turns back partition organisation destroyed by flashing firmware for other phones, and second flash finish succesfull. In that case, do factory reset,,
11. good luck

bit.*ly/1qp04s5
bit.*ly/1lqlfT1
bit.*ly/1iKwMC4
(remove * because i cant post links for the images)

The problem persists :( how i can do?

I can install the firmware V20A_00.kdz but the phone its bricked on the LG logo, and dont work. :( if i try install other firmwar (V10A_09.kdz) the kdz updater shows a error, T_T

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
bit.*ly/1qp04s5
bit.*ly/1lqlfT1
bit.*ly/1iKwMC4
(remove * because i cant post links for the images)

The problem persists :( how i can do?

I can install the firmware V20A_00.kdz but the phone its bricked on the LG logo, and dont work. :( if i try install other firmwar (V10A_09.kdz) the kdz updater shows a error, T_T

DONT TRY TO INSTALL OTHER PHONE FIRMWARE (V20A_00.kdz)! Flash only kdz for your model, like V10a_08.kdz, and download it from http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=21, in Mexico section.
No known similar firmware is available for your phone!

rafaelluik

Jul 5, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
There's no v20 ROM for L7 II until right now while I'm writing this message (and it's just a name that indicates the version for that specific model - e.g. v10 is ICS and v20 is JB in P700, while v10 is JB in P710 - so don't try to compare them in any way).

You simply flashed the wrong firmware, you flashed the firmware of another LG model in your phone, probably a L7 I ROM via KDZ.

The bad news is until today I found no way to fix the phone, see my topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743453

Last edited:

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
OK

On this link (maby) you can find another way to flash KDZ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51612244

Yes, you must change some things to work, but this is the last chance for your device.

And I remember that i was read one similar post before few months, for L7 II, but i can't find it anymore. In that post someone describe how to resolve his bricked phone problem, with link to post where he was find solution how to succesfully flash firmware... this post you cant find in LG L3 II - 5 - 7 II section.
So, just keep trying, and please, share with us what you do. If you dont understand procedure, just ask, and maby I have (or someone else) answer.

Good luck

rafaelluik

Jul 5, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hi thanks for the suggestion...

It looks like the phone isn't able to enter Download Mode (required for FlashTool?), because it always turn on in emergency... Or am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure about the key combination for L7 II, I can't find it anywhere...

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
;)

It doesn't work. It goes straight to emergency mode. And those instructions are in a L3 II topic, what if the combination for L7 II is different (involves the hotkey IDK)?

I think emergency mode is download mode...

My original phone firmware is V10A_09.kdz and the kdz updater shows a error if i try install it T.T

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54504577&postcount=10

Pecan6

Jul 14, 2014
IMAG0013.jpg

When i want to get in emergency/download mode, on the screen appears this blue stripes.
IGGYVIP i try your guide, but when i want flash KDZ, it is the same result as all. (IP PARAM: 0 etc.)

It is possible, that my phone will ok? :(

Last edited:

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
Please help

Hi

I am facing same problem described here.

I flashed wrong rom on my LG P715 and now it is bricked. Before flashing I rooted the device and installed CWM recovery. I am having same blue screen now.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Harish

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
Hi

I am facing same problem described here.

I flashed wrong rom on my LG P715 and now it is bricked. Before flashing I rooted the device and installed CWM recovery. I am having same blue screen now.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Harish
From here do this:
http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7-l9-ii/general/tutorial-how-to-achieve-root-p710-l7-2-t2921271
REMOVE ALL DRIVERS OF ANDROID YOU HAVE (Lg Adb all). Reinstall the drivers I provided there and adb. After that just plug usb in and turn phone on. Tell me as what is getting recognized (in device manager).

Top Liked Posts