5.9 ft Power Cord

Search This thread
Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
This is nice and all, and thanks, but I wish there was a reliable third party 10-12 foot charge cable, so I can sit a LITTLE bit farther from the power outlet. Thanks though, may look into getting an extra.

rivera82falcon

Aug 26, 2010
NJ
I'm afraid it wil turn out to be a DIY for me :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I did because it was cheaper and quicker. I definitely could have crimped the cables better but I wasn't going for an award winning cable here. Still, everything works perfectly fine and I have a much longer cable.

(Pics taken with my DInc2)

Attachments

• IMAG0430.jpg
    IMAG0430.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMAG0431.jpg
    IMAG0431.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG0432.jpg
    IMAG0432.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0433.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 308

blueis300

Dec 22, 2010
Murfreesboro
That's exactly what I did because it was cheaper and quicker. I definitely could have crimped the cables better but I wasn't going for an award winning cable here. Still, everything works perfectly fine and I have a much longer cable.

(Pics taken with my DInc2)

So its just one single wire? I have heat shrink and sure i could do the same.Does it have to be that thick of wire? Some times you seen wires that are two.

blueis300

Dec 22, 2010
Murfreesboro
If I were you I would not attempt this delicate procedure since you have obviously never opened up a wire casing, let alone splicing one together. :rolleyes:

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

It has been some time since I've done something like this is true. I have all the things needed to do something like this but wanted to verify. Thank you for your wise knowledge in this matter. In will make sure I have an different way to change if I make a mistake. Also what made his choice in the gauge wire he used?

Last edited:

rikponne

Nov 4, 2011
I bought one from PWR+ recently. Have only used it for a day now, but it appears much better than another one I bought a while ago, which in fact disintegrated rather quickly.
Sturdy build, longer cord than the OEM charger, plug fits better.
Search for "PWR+® AC ADAPTER CHARGER FOR ACER ICONIA A500-10S16U A500-10S61W A500-10S32U TAB" on e-bay.

loooney2ns

Jun 2, 2010
I have the 6ft factory charger, after breaking the tip on the original one. It works fine but it's still a little too short. If I can get a new tip, I'll make a really long one out of the broken one.

Pyra Gorgon

Sep 14, 2011
Saint Louis
silly ***ed cord

I know, right? What gives with the cheesy 18 inch power cord Acer sends out with their iconia?

I didnt know they made a longer cord till reading this thread. Seems any PSU that provides the amp and watt rating would work. (old laptop cords dont work since the business end doesn't have that round connector.

I agree with some others; the two buck extension cord is a value buy.

ten bucks for shipping? guess that is how they pad out their costs...

Top Liked Posts