[Q] Trouble rooting Nexus 10

Search This thread

AccuNeal

Dec 16, 2011
Punta Gorda, Florida
Have you installed fastboot-tools and adb-tools from you Linux distro's repos? If not, then you need to do that. Forget that other stuff.
After you install your distro's fastboot-tools you put your tablet in recovery mode (vol-up & vol-down & power on). In a terminal on your Linux box, type either su if you have su privileges OR sudo fastboot devices to see that your tablet is indeed in mode to accept fastboot commands. Then type fastboot oem unlock if you are su, else type sudo fastboot oem unlock.
--
Neal

Reactions: joshuagsamuel

joshuagsamuel

Jul 30, 2014
Have you installed fastboot-tools and adb-tools from you Linux distro's repos? If not, then you need to do that. Forget that other stuff.
After you install your distro's fastboot-tools you put your tablet in recovery mode (vol-up & vol-down & power on). In a terminal on your Linux box, type either su if you have su privileges OR sudo fastboot devices to see that your tablet is indeed in mode to accept fastboot commands. Then type fastboot oem unlock if you are su, else type sudo fastboot oem unlock.
--
Neal

I wish I read what you said earlier. I used wugfresh's nexus 10 toolkit and successfully unlocked my nexus 10 only to get into a boot loop. I managed to get CWM running but when I try to sideload the latest nightly of Cyanogemod I get a * cannot 'read' sideload error *

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

Just in case, in this thread I've posted a guide about unlocking N10 Bootloader, Rooting and Restoring to Stock guides for Linux. I think you might find useful for future reference, even though your problem in this thread was solved...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670400

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

Reactions: joshuagsamuel

joshuagsamuel

Jul 30, 2014
Hi,

Just in case, in this thread I've posted a guide about unlocking N10 Bootloader, Rooting and Restoring to Stock guides for Linux. I think you might find useful for future reference, even though your problem in this thread was solved...

~Lord

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    --
    Neal
    Can you post all input/output from terminal here, start with
    adb devices
    Hi,

~Lord