Leaked Official Froyo for the I9000 is out NOW!

Search This thread

pele78

Oct 5, 2010
Cambridgeshire, England
Coment above just made me think......omg I have a samsung phone! How did I manage to get hold of this shyt!

Samsung created a iphone killer only to be killed by the iphone lol

Maddmatt

Aug 10, 2010
It's not an official release until it's been officially released :rolleyes:
It's likely to be the official release but there's still the chance it will get pulled if a major problem comes up.

alphadog00

Jun 29, 2010
It's not an official release until it's been officially released :rolleyes:
It's likely to be the official release but there's still the chance it will get pulled if a major problem comes up.

Just because the name is the same doesn't make it official. Both Vibrant and Captivate got updates that had the same name as previously released builds on SamFirmwares - but the file sizes and MD5 were different on different components.

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
No nexus-like kickass-JIT, less ram then in 2.1 and it still lags as hell. Why i am not surprised?
It's been repeated so many times, but:
1) Linpack is the least accurate way to test JIT..
2) How many apps are you running which consume more than the RAM available

In regards to the "lag", it isn't that bad anyway (in my opinion), and it doesn't mean they aren't working on a fix.. In fact, it's entirely possible they were working on a fix, but there was insufficient time to release it..

Oletros

Oct 22, 2009
Premià de Mar
It's been repeated so many times, but:
1) Linpack is the least accurate way to test JIT..
2) How many apps are you running which consume more than the RAM available

In regards to the "lag", it isn't that bad anyway (in my opinion), and it doesn't mean they aren't working on a fix.. In fact, it's entirely possible they were working on a fix, but there was insufficient time to release it..

And then we laugh at Apple fanboys.

vinclar

Sep 7, 2010
Reus
And then we laugh at Apple fanboys.

Sad but true. +1

They told us to be the most powerfull android device when it was released, and what do we get, just marketing lies. For sure my first and last samsung paid device. Samsung just sell spare parts and don't try to do what do you don't know how to do.

Last edited:

bcam117

Apr 7, 2010
confused and fed up

Can someone explain why the JIT doesn't work or doesn't make a difference and what the fuk is wrong with the galaxy s? Is it just **** software or hardware?

darkoroje

May 5, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Can someone explain why the JIT doesn't work or doesn't make a difference and what the fuk is wrong with the galaxy s? Is it just **** software or hardware?

JIT does work, it is just that linpack uses a lot of FPU operations which are much faster on Snapdragon than on Hummingbird. But in real world use the difference will be small, unless you are running an FPU intensive task like for example MP3 encoding.

ruslanoid

Sep 15, 2010
TLV
has anyone actually seen it on kies yet?
do I need to do something first to see it? like registry tweaking our something?

Sent from my GT-I9000T using XDA App