[Q] Little question about Venom viper x..

Search This thread

Sira.

Feb 3, 2011
Amman, jordan
Hey guys how ya doin..?

I just have a simple question after explaining the following.. I had Viper x 1.0.3 .. and now we all know there was an OTA update..
I updated it.. and now i have a battery issue.. it drains out fast... until i realized that i'm actually supposed to flash another kernel and recovery..
So my question is.. What's the best Kernel in CPU power for the Viper x available at the forums?
And if i flashed the kernel and the recovery.. does everything on the SD card get erased?

Thanks in advance..

Rat.NL

Mar 25, 2009
Twente
I use the one that is provided in the OP, so far no issues. All the data will he there after installing the updates

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Reactions: Sira.

Sira.

Feb 3, 2011
Amman, jordan
I've seen it.. But I still have a question.. Does flashing it erase the sd? Like do I have to backup my memory?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

simorangkir_dcs

Oct 9, 2012
Jakarta
Vivo X60 Pro
I've seen it.. But I still have a question.. Does flashing it erase the sd? Like do I have to backup my memory?

Flashing won't touch your data in sd/internal storage. You only need to backup your app data with titanium backup.

But it is always recommended to do nandroid backup in case something went wrong

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Sira.

Sira.

Feb 3, 2011
Amman, jordan
do i have to flash the kernel only..? or the whole pack?

[EDIT] never mind.. i've done it.. thanks for help..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use the one that is provided in the OP, so far no issues. All the data will he there after installing the updates

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk
    Use the one in post #6 it is the official venom kernel. It is based on elites kernel and is really stable. I have brilliant battery life with it. It also allows you to use the new virtualSD card which is very cool!

Flashing won't touch your data in sd/internal storage. You only need to backup your app data with titanium backup.

But it is always recommended to do nandroid backup in case something went wrong

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2