Dialer BUG in Android 4.4 KitKat

Search This thread

peslap

Nov 8, 2011
Hello!

I've seen the following problem in two Motorola Moto Gs.
I disliked the inbuilt dialer from Android 4.4, so I put a custom dialer instead.

First time it asked me what app I want to use for dialing. I've selected the custom dialer and I've selected the ALWAYS option.
But, when I have a missed call and I want to call back that number from the notification bar, it still ask me what dialer should I choose. Everytime.

If I disable / freeze the inbuilt caller, I can't receive calls.

So, do you have any suggestions? :)

centavar

Aug 27, 2011
Chicago
This is a known bug in KitKat, the "always" option reset itself sometimes for various apps. Just give the default dialer a chance, once you get used to it it's actually very good ;)

slavehunter105

Nov 4, 2012
Dubai, UAE
i know this thread is only for moto g, but i just installed cm11 for s4 mini duos, and it has the same dialer default issue, only happens when i click on the miscalls in the notification bar. The maximum i could do is install complete action plus xposed module to remove the always and once option which is very annoying, so next time the selection comes, i just have to click the dialer i want rather even clicking always too. Btw this bug is only for the missed calls, other defaults are fine.

I thought its just a bug in the android 4.4.2 , i updated my cm11 to 4.4.3 hoping its gone but no luck.

peslap

Nov 8, 2011
Hello!

I disliked the inbuilt dialer from Android 4.4, so I put a custom dialer instead.

First time it asked me what app I want to use for dialing. I've selected the custom dialer and I've selected the ALWAYS option.
But, when I have a missed call and I want to call back that number from the notification bar, it still ask me what dialer should I choose. Everytime.

For those who updated to 4.4.4, the bug is still present?

peslap

Nov 8, 2011
Bump

Hello!

For those who updated to 4.4.4, the bug is still present?

Last edited: