Manila/Sense 2.5 Tweaks by me

Search This thread

Boushh

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2008
Portland, OR
Okay, I only have a few of these to start off with but I've been getting really into making manila's layout as functionally transparent as possible. I know a couple guys already have a bunch of transparent clocks, sliders, contacts, etc. out there so I haven't done any of them (they all work the same) but there have been a couple areas really bugging me.

My first Tweaks have to do with the internet shortcuts in the Internet tab. Over the next couple days I will be updating this with Transparent other areas (such as the internet search bar, Twitter Title, and more. I hope you find these useful and can give me some feedback.

You know the drill: I have tested these on Energy.RHOD500.23519.Leo_04.Feb.2010 (Running Sense 2.5 build 2011) only, However they should work on any ROM running build 2011 of Manila 2.1 and should work on the earlier builds of manila 2.5. They are also completely uninstallable should you encounter any issues. Still though, I gotta say it: use at your own risk, yada yada. Don't blame me if aliens come and destroy your phone.

Invisible Unused Internet Shortcut Buttons
Invisible_Unused_Internet_Shortcuts.jpg

Here

Semi Transparent Internet Shortcut Buttons
Semi_Transparent_Internet_Shortcuts.jpg

Here

Transparent Internet Shortcut Buttons
Transparent_Internet_Shortcuts.jpg

Here

No Music Player Gradient
No_Music_Player_Gradient.jpg

That Gradient in the seek area really started getting on my nerves.
Here

No Internet Search Bar Background
No_Internet_Search_Bar_Background.jpg

Here

No Twitter Tab Status Update Background
No_Twitter_Status_Update_Background.jpg

Here

No Slider Bottom
No_Slider_Bottom.jpg

Here
I think it looks much better when using something like HDWalls.
*Note This will give you the see through slider that is in the image without the bottom bar. If you have another custom slider this will overwrite it. I am willing to do other sliders but you will have to first provide me with the manila files to do so.

To use:
Download Cab and install. Reset required.

09-02-2010
*Added No Slider Bottom

08-02-2010
*Added Semi-Transparent Internet Shortcut Buttons
*Added Transparent Internet Shortcut Buttons
*Added Invisible Unused Internet Shortcut Buttons
*Added No Music Player Gradient
*Added No Internet Search Bar Background
*Added No Twitter Status Update Bar Background

Enjoy and more to come!

Attachments

• Invisible.Unused.Internet.Shortcut.Buttons.Manila.2011-Boushh.cab
    855 bytes · Views: 381
  • No.Internet.Search.Bar.Background-Boushh.cab
    844 bytes · Views: 368
  • No.Music.Player.Gradient.Manila.2011-Boushh.cab
    814 bytes · Views: 363
  • No.Twitter.Update.Bar.Background-Boushh.cab
    842 bytes · Views: 211
  • Semi.Transparent.Internet.Shortcut.Buttons.Manila.2011-Boushh.cab
    7.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Transparent.Internet.Shortcut.Buttons.Manila.2011-Boushh.cab
    6.5 KB · Views: 264
  • No.Slider.Bottom.Manila.2011-Boushh.cab
    2.6 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:

psychomaniac189

Feb 27, 2009
Wisconsin
when did you add screenshots of them all? thats what i was asking. if you added screenshots when i posted that im sorry. they didnt load for me

Boushh

Mar 19, 2008
Portland, OR
I have a screen shot of each of the effects of them below their title. I can't however do a one screen shot of the effects of all of them because some are on different tabs but they are there. Hosted on photobucket, do you have photobucket blocked by some chance? I can PM you a different hosting location of them if you'd like, but they are there, odd...

psychomaniac189

Feb 27, 2009
Wisconsin
no there working now but i was just wondering as you seemed confused with my request if you already had pics loaded but i didnt see them at the time. i see them now.

duongnt

Aug 15, 2005
I tried your No.Slider.Bottom.Manila.2011-Boushh.cab with Manila 20113626 from Miri_HD2_WM65X_23529_Sense25_V3.2 but it does not work. The slider is still there. Can you check it again?

Many thanks,

NTD

Boushh

Mar 19, 2008
Portland, OR
It doesn't remove the entire slider, just the very bottom line of it. If you don't want any slider at all I can do that for you, seems kinda odd, but to each their own and an easy thing to cab up.

djorke

May 19, 2008
Nis, Serbia
transparent quick links

Hi Boushh, is it possible to make transparent quick links (shortcuts on home tab) or just remove their frame?

Boushh

Mar 19, 2008
Portland, OR
Yes, however Santod already has that over at PPCGeeks, so I'll just link you to Here

He has some other nice mods too, enjoy!

Last edited:

aztecghurl

Aug 27, 2008
background?

cool background! do you have the image so i can make it the background on mine?

Last edited:

Putra

transparent slider

Boushh, these are great!

BTW, which cab file did you use to make your slider transparent? I can't get mine to work using:

C07 Sense 2.5 trans Slider Mode 9 Fix V3.cab

UPDATE: found a cab that works - dega's transparent slider (manila 2.5.2011.3626).cab

Last edited:

jpfa

Dec 21, 2008
Internet Tab

Do you know of a way to remove all quick link from internet tab.

Best would be if one is able to replace the quick link cubes for text in rows without thumb. Like it once was in Manilla before sense 2.5

If you know what manilla file to edit and one with some xml knowledge can fix you can point me into the right direction.

Any information about this would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have AT&T Tit 2 and just installed latest "official" ROM with Sense 2.5.20133329.2.
    Overall it works fine, but I do not like the 3 x 3 Quick links limitation.

I am trying to find a registry edit to allow more QUick links (5 x 5 or more would be nice)
    I found one .cab that supposed to get 25 QL - but after I ran it - it made the icons smaller but still 3 x 3 configuration.

My son has a Sprint TP 2 with Sense 2.5.2012.1324.1 and his Manila / Sense has many Quick links which also slide side to side to reveal three panels of Quick links.

So, if anyone knows of the registry fix to add more columns / rows to the Quick links or if someone ported the Sense / Manila from TP2 to Tilt 2 - I would appreaciate being pointed to the right source.

Thanks in advance,
    Vladimir

Vladimir, here is a cab for that. It is 4by4. First tunr Sense off, then install. If you find 5by5, pls share.