Search This thread

LukeSP

Mar 15, 2010
Ratchaburi
Help! IMEI has changed

First, I used DXJF4 firmware [thailand] then I decide to try XWJM2 after flashing I experience some wierd market problem (market try to download a lot of unknown apps) then I switch back to DXJF4 but the problem follow. I try to figure out that Android report incorrect IMEI (it should be 35.... Think I NOT 00004....). First, I think I just misremember but after I've check my warranty card my IMEI is 35.... So, what wrong with it? Can any help me fix market and IMEI problem?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

LukeSP

Mar 15, 2010
Ratchaburi
This is not an Illegal post. I don't wasn't to change Imei on hardware but it look like android can't read my imei correctly. I see someone on samdriod have a 000000000000000 imei after flash custom on spica. I think it have a problem with nv_data.bin but I can't fix it

Before I flash the rom, os can read my imei correctly but now it wrong and I suspect this a problem with market loading chinese app

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

yanher

Aug 5, 2009
Hsinchu
How to restore imei

Plz need help when I flash my I9000 to JP2 by odin3.
IMEI code changed to 004999010640000.:mad:
How to restore it?

Plz help.....
Tks.

Last edited:
Reactions: samysung

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
Therefore, the only factory repair it?

How do you know this happened?

It might be a bug in JP2 (which is an alpha quality firmware), which might not be reading the imei properly. I'm pretty sure that the imei has to be basically be burnt into the hardware these days (so it can't be changed). It's possible you see the incorrect imei but your mobile carrier doesn't.

On mine, I've tried JF4, JG1, JG5, JP2 and now back in JG5 and imei is fine.

If your imei isn't correct (double check with your box), downgrade the firmware first. But tbh, I don't think this is actually possible...

Reactions: jeaniturrizaga

yanher

Aug 5, 2009
Hsinchu
Flash with odin3 process have failed. After reflash again into the JP2. I have purchased some softwares cann't register(Registration required to identify IEMI code). So,I found my I9000's IEMI code has been changed.

I've tried JF7 , JP2 , JP3 ..
IMEI codes have become 004999010640000...

Now, My fw is JP3 . I key *#06# in phone , It shows IMEI code is 00499901064000.
I can not find ways to restore IEMI..

attachment.php

Attachments

• CAP201008031352.jpg
    CAP201008031352.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 31,694
  • CAP201008031353.jpg
    CAP201008031353.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,623
Last edited:

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
Try downgrading to eclair I mean.. JP3 is another alpha firmware..

And what software do you mean was registered to your Imei?

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
So your assumption is that the IMEI code has changed because of 1 software applications? Check the box for your phone and compare it to that. It's more likely that your IMEI code is still the same.

yanher

Aug 5, 2009
Hsinchu
So your assumption is that the IMEI code has changed because of 1 software applications? Check the box for your phone and compare it to that. It's more likely that your IMEI code is still the same.

IEMI has changed by odin3, I think.
My origin imei code is 35175104185xxx2.
I check in google the 004999010640000 maybe is engineering code.

Another guys have the same problem with me.
Maybe needs to repair by samsung. :mad:

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
If you have an IMEI of 004999010640000, you have a crypto failure in your locktables in the seczone and your phone is in "lockdown" mode.

yanher

Aug 5, 2009
Hsinchu
If you have an IMEI of 004999010640000, you have a crypto failure in your locktables in the seczone and your phone is in "lockdown" mode.

How can we solve this problem?
Another guys have same problem ,tell me. His phone back to samsung sevice for 7 days. Back of the phone is replacing a new motherboard and new IMEI code. :mad:

stierney

May 25, 2009

Same error with IMEI on my phone. Havent used Odin, could be a faulty batch? Currently in negotiations with my supplier to get it replaced.

Originally thought i had a faulty SIMM but mine reports this IMEI eith *#06#

milo76

Apr 11, 2008
I only had my phone for one week when i discovered that my IMEI number was wrong.
Sent the phone back to Samsung an got it back today (4 weeks after) and guess what, the IMEI number is still wrong.
Thank you very much Samsung. :(:(

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
Is it the same IMEI? Or a different one though? Many phone manufacturers replace phones with another unit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So basically, if i had 2 Galaxy S's, one blocked.. i could transfer the one that isnt blocked and transfer the data files, and put them on the blocked to make that unblocked(with an unblocked imei) so this is a very simple basis of IMEI changing on a new mobile device. :confused:
    Working IMEI requires both matching IMEI crammed into hardware + nv_data.bin loaded by the modem firmware.

If you put the nv_data.bin from phone B into phone A, phone A will defaults back to the special IMEI 004999010640000.
    I don't know if phone A will be unlocked like phone B (I doubt it, but why not!)
    Note that i could call & receive calls with IMEI 004999010640000, use EDGE & HSDPA too with the carrier Orange / France.

now, all you need is someone who can read the datafiles, decrypt them.. and then you can select your own IMEI number?
    Decrypting nv_data.bin or building one from scratch is the tricky part :D

I believe he just copied the /efs files and stored somewhere. He was trying to find where the EQ settings and got himself that IMEI code.

I'm not sure if just copying will do the trick, we shall wait for him to report back. Hopefully, he can restore back his IMEI, then this will benefit a few of us.
    Yep !
    Just copying set the IMEI to 004999010640000, both my test phones were unlocked so I can't tell more ;)
    Just registered to say that I got a working IMEI back by reverting back to the "stock" rom of I9000 provided in "flashing tutorial for dummies" (upto step 4, without flashing ICS right afterwards).

I reverted from CyanogenMod 10 to 2.3.x and the IMEI just reappeared out of nowhere (didn't backup the original efs folder before starting all this modding business, silly me). After that I backed up the efs folder (to my PC), flashed CM10 in again, pasted efs back and the thing just started working as it should. Before CM10 (with no IMEI) I tried 3-4 different roms with no results. I bought this I9000 from a friend and it had CyanogenMod 7 in it when I got it.

For efs backup I used AndroidMate's file system tool.

Two days of battling on this issue and now I can make some phone calls too. :D

(Not sure if this is something of a miracle, but I hope someone else gets their IMEI back with this technique too.)
    How to restore imei

Plz need help when I flash my I9000 to JP2 by odin3.
    IMEI code changed to 004999010640000.:mad:
    How to restore it?

Plz help.....
    Tks.
    Therefore, the only factory repair it?

How do you know this happened?

It might be a bug in JP2 (which is an alpha quality firmware), which might not be reading the imei properly. I'm pretty sure that the imei has to be basically be burnt into the hardware these days (so it can't be changed). It's possible you see the incorrect imei but your mobile carrier doesn't.

On mine, I've tried JF4, JG1, JG5, JP2 and now back in JG5 and imei is fine.

If your imei isn't correct (double check with your box), downgrade the firmware first. But tbh, I don't think this is actually possible...
    A million thanks worked great, happy happy :)

(didnt read all post so sorry if it is a miss-post)

Somehow, dont know how Miracle has happened, i had 004999010640000 imei, and didnt know what to do, no backups etc, phone not working, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881162 dindt work etc.
    only think to get back original imei for me was to reflash this rom : Ficeto_Deodexed_JVH_I9000 (2.3.3). honestly dont know why it was on my hdd, have great mess there. So I want to ask how is it possible or where did the phone found my imei then?

A million thanks worked great, happy happy :)

Here's a link to the software! :cool:

http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/s...DarkyRoms/Ficeto_Deodexed_JVH_I9000_ODIN.zip/