[APP] XDA TV (Native Phone Edition) v2.0

Search This thread

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
XDA TV (Phone Edition) v2.0

Sadly I've stopped the development of this app and removed the files from the server because of two things: No time and the server costs were too high.

Also sadly I've stopped developing for Android because my AdSense account was disabled right before I started developing a app that was going to be paid (I got really sad). So I've stopped developing for Android and focused more on BlackBerry (which is already getting me a bit of money for me to continue with this hobby). If anyone knows how to get paid from Google Play without an AdSense account please contact me and I'll be happy to come back.

Warning: If the app isn't working, just drop me an email or post the problem here, you don't need to rate the app with 1 star and comment like: "The app isn't working". Thanks for the support

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. Now on your phone, if you have a tablet you should get it here.

Finally converted the code from the old version (which used HTML5) to pure Java. Still learning about design using XML, but that's for the next releases. Any suggestion or bug report just reply and I'll love to improve the app. I'll start to work on the tablet version as soon as I get another tablet (with Honeycomb/ICS this time). Thanks for your patience. :)

2ztbE.jpg
gU7xK.jpg

Changelog:

v2.0:
* Fully native application!!!
* New icon

v1.2:
* Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)
* The application now quit if you hit the back button while in the list view

v1.1.2:
* Added a glass effect to the icon

v1.1.1:
* Fixed the no content error
* Dark Edition

v1.1:
* New feed
* Description added to the video view

v1.0.1:
* Everything works

Last edited:

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Yup. The tablet version uses a lot of event watchers/handlers to support that dual-screen layout. :)

Thanks a lot for you support!

dkephart

Jun 21, 2010
Land O'Lakes
nathanpc,

Nice.

But I notice that your dropbox account is generating too much traffic, especially now that you are item one on the front page of XDA, and all I get is 509 errors. Surely a more robust redirect is available?

Yrs,
dkephart

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Nice.

But I notice that your dropbox account is generating too much traffic, especially now that you are item one on the front page of XDA, and all I get is 509 errors. Surely a more robust redirect is available?

Oh! So sorry! I've used the old feed(from another XDA member) and added the new episodes, also customized the new feed and it's all on my server. It will take about 30 minutes, but I'll download all the old videos and refresh the links. :)

PS: That ain't be my Dropbox account. Now I'm using my own server that is at Rackspace. It won't be a problem now, and it's connection is very very very very fast! :)

mortgage_man

Jun 9, 2009
Charlotte
Downloaded app and its very simple and clean. Can't wait to check out the vids once its up and running.

Sent from my King's Alliance Evo running 4G data

clown_luv

Aug 3, 2010
op link isnt working on my phone can someone drop box the apk to me please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Ops! My mistake, let me fix this and reupdate. Apologize for the problem

UPDATE: Just uploaded v1.1.1 to the Market. Please update and send me feedback if it's working now :)

Last edited:

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Works fine now but still no exit button

Sent from my Desire HD loaded with MIUI using the XDA Premium App

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
You're welcome :)

Btw, My GTab is hard bricked and I don't know what to do now, maybe get my iPad that is on the drawer and start using it again... :( :( :(

KelArth

Mar 8, 2007
Hello.
Really nice app some futures to develop:
1. Direct links to threads or download links to app mentioned in auditions.
2. exit button.
3. dark theme.

Really nice thanks for Your work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA TV (Phone Edition) v2.0

Sadly I've stopped the development of this app and removed the files from the server because of two things: No time and the server costs were too high.

Also sadly I've stopped developing for Android because my AdSense account was disabled right before I started developing a app that was going to be paid (I got really sad). So I've stopped developing for Android and focused more on BlackBerry (which is already getting me a bit of money for me to continue with this hobby). If anyone knows how to get paid from Google Play without an AdSense account please contact me and I'll be happy to come back.

Warning: If the app isn't working, just drop me an email or post the problem here, you don't need to rate the app with 1 star and comment like: "The app isn't working". Thanks for the support

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. Now on your phone, if you have a tablet you should get it here.

Finally converted the code from the old version (which used HTML5) to pure Java. Still learning about design using XML, but that's for the next releases. Any suggestion or bug report just reply and I'll love to improve the app. I'll start to work on the tablet version as soon as I get another tablet (with Honeycomb/ICS this time). Thanks for your patience. :)

2ztbE.jpg
    gU7xK.jpg

Changelog:

v2.0:
    * Fully native application!!!
    * New icon

v1.2:
    * Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)
    * The application now quit if you hit the back button while in the list view

v1.1.2:
    * Added a glass effect to the icon

v1.1.1:
    * Fixed the no content error
    * Dark Edition

v1.1:
    * New feed
    * Description added to the video view

v1.0.1:
    * Everything works
    I'm working on a script on the server that will automate and optimize the way it gets the videos so I won't have problems with the bandwidth. It will take time, but it will be awesome. :)
    If you look at the application source code, the URL to the RSS feed is located at http://50.56.93.249/xdatv/feed.xml

meltwater, do you have any IM accounts that I can contact you?

Paid apps with limited free trials?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2