[Help] Signal loss when I connect charger to my tab.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5402212
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5402212

Hey,
I am back again with a new problem, I really dont know whether it is a HARDWARE or a SOFTWARE problem.
I recently went to a Samsungs service center, just to repair my Micro SD card jack, but in addition to it they broke the sim jack and when they replace it, the Tab is not detecting the SIM card. SO They ask me to wait till tomorrow, and to what they repaired everything. BUT now a new problem arise that my phone stops or looses SIGNALS, when I connect it to the Wall charger, Adapter or connect it to PC to charge. And when I disconnect it, it show full signal without any worry.
I literally had a fight at the center, but they are blaming me for everything, but in fact Its not my fault.

Please guys suggest me, what should I do? If its a software problem, I can go and flash it via ODIN.
Otherwise will try to repair it on the center, if they deny, have the to complain I havs to complain about it to samaungs itself.

Please help me guys.:crying:

DEVICE- samsung tab 2 p3100 16GB
Indian version, stock rom and rooted.

Ps- I am typing this with the tab without any problem while not on charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

josfr4ncisco

Nov 28, 2013
Hey,
I am back again with a new problem, I really dont know whether it is a HARDWARE or a SOFTWARE problem.
I recently went to a Samsungs service center, just to repair my Micro SD card jack, but in addition to it they broke the sim jack and when they replace it, the Tab is not detecting the SIM card. SO They ask me to wait till tomorrow, and to what they repaired everything. BUT now a new problem arise that my phone stops or looses SIGNALS, when I connect it to the Wall charger, Adapter or connect it to PC to charge. And when I disconnect it, it show full signal without any worry.
I literally had a fight at the center, but they are blaming me for everything, but in fact Its not my fault.

Please guys suggest me, what should I do? If its a software problem, I can go and flash it via ODIN.
Otherwise will try to repair it on the center, if they deny, have the to complain I havs to complain about it to samaungs itself.

Please help me guys.:crying:

DEVICE- samsung tab 2 p3100 16GB
Indian version, stock rom and rooted.

Ps- I am typing this with the tab without any problem while not on charge.

Well, you can try a factory reset. If it's software problem, you will get it fixed right away.
Otherwise, you should head to the service center. But you got a 'lil problem here: your device is rooted, and that causes loss of warranty. I bet they will charge you for the service, it that's the case.

D

Deleted member 5402212

Well, you can try a factory reset. If it's software problem, you will get it fixed right away.
Otherwise, you should head to the service center. But you got a 'lil problem here: your device is rooted, and that causes loss of warranty. I bet they will charge you for the service, it that's the case.

Its already out of warranty, so no problem at all.
Factory reset doesnt help, that means a hardware problem.
And above all service center is fully responsible for this, I am going to have a fight with them if they deny to repair it without any charge. :mad:

Reactions: josfr4ncisco

josfr4ncisco

Nov 28, 2013
And above all service center is fully responsible for this, I am going to have a fight with them if they deny to repair it without any charge. :mad:

Go ahead and contact Samsung, I bet they won't refuse to give you some help :)

D

Deleted member 5402212

out of this service center thing, time wasting effort. :/

Go ahead and contact Samsung, I bet they won't refuse to give you some help :)

bet they do.....out of warranty = not our problem, we'd be happy to sell you a new tab though. Those guys are a bunch of tools.

My trust is now gone from service centers. :silly: @fr4n dude they wont just refuse they charge me the money, for the the fault in PCB, actually done by them.
@CSP III yeah, what you said about the center guys is really true, if you are out of warranty you are the only reason behind the condition of ur tablet or phone, they dont give fkin' to to it.

More over, I was checking what actually is happening when I connect the charger, it say "unknown baseband" in the settings and shows no IMEI when I dial *#06#, But after sometime I again starts receiving signals.everything is back in action. Looks likes my tab had been bitten by a mad dog, and is now suffering tab rabies :p:D
Any solution or anything you guys prefer me ro do with this?. :(

josfr4ncisco

Nov 28, 2013
My trust is now gone from service centers. :silly: @fr4n dude they wont just refuse they charge me the money, for the the fault in PCB, actually done by them.
@CSP III yeah, what you said about the center guys is really true, if you are out of warranty you are the only reason behind the condition of ur tablet or phone, they dont give fkin' to to it.

More over, I was checking what actually is happening when I connect the charger, it say "unknown baseband" in the settings and shows no IMEI when I dial *#06#, But after sometime I again starts receiving signals.everything is back in action. Looks likes my tab had been bitten by a mad dog, and is now suffering tab rabies :p:D
Any solution or anything you guys prefer me ro do with this?. :(

Now that you mentioned baseband... how about flashing a new one?
I trust service centers a bit... they helped me with my old Galaxy 5, even out of warranty :p

Sent from my Tab 2 using XDA-Developers app

D

Deleted member 5402212

I trust service centers a bit... they helped me with my old Galaxy 5, even out of warranty :p

Hah, Going out of station for a week holiday, will flash when back. Lets see what happens, will post the result after that.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Reactions: josfr4ncisco
D

Deleted member 5402212

Have a nice holiday, bro! :D

:( Flashing with odin wont helped me. anyways thanks for the idea.

Now the condition is even worst, after loosing signals, I need to turn it off and slap it over the sim slot area & then restart, to get my signals back. one more thing, i dont know the date, but when i put it on charge, i wont loose signals for whole night. BUT ONLY ONCE :(
Just De-assembled everything, and hoping for a magic that when i assemble it, that problem will be over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5402212

D
    Deleted member 5402212

Hah, Going out of station for a week holiday, will flash when back. Lets see what happens, will post the result after that.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Have a nice holiday, bro! :D