4.4.4 slow charging

Search This thread

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
My Nexus 10 (standard ROM) was upgraded OTA last night to v 4.4.4. Came down this morning to find it was not charging, although it said it was. It was still on 36%. I rebooted it and left it and it now seems to be charging at about 1% per hour.

Has anyone else seen this?

Alan

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
I'm still on 4.4.2 I shut mine down when charging. Takes apx 6 1/2 hours to charge, I plug it in before going to bed and in the am its charged. The charge usually lasts 2 days, every other night I charge.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

Mine was never like that. It used to charge in about 4-5 hours. It's now been on all day and overnight and it still only has 66% charge. I've even turned wireless off completely.

Something has upset it.

Alan

striker59

Mine was never like that. It used to charge in about 4-5 hours. It's now been on all day and overnight and it still only has 66% charge. I've even turned wireless off completely.

Something has upset it.

Alan

You can try running it in safe mode. I had updated mine to 4.4.3 but I had terrible battery drain so I went back to 4.4.2.

Reactions: AtlanDaGonozal

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
I'll downgrade or change to another ROM when I get home (away for a while). I don't suppose anyone knows what I can do to see what is draining the battery?

Alan

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
Last night I checked the battery in settings and the screen was causing most of the power. So, rather than it go onto daydream when it times out, I turned it off. This morning I came down to find it was fully charged (from 62% last night).

I'm still not sure what is going on as it will discharge when plugged in if I use it (and not playing videos, just internet browsing) and it never used to do that.

Alan

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
I've noticed battery on 4.3 and 4.4 is nowhere as good as prior versions plus the slow charging. I've ran both Art and Dalvick makes no difference. Thinking about dropping back too.

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
I've noticed battery on 4.3 and 4.4 is nowhere as good as prior versions plus the slow charging. I've ran both Art and Dalvick makes no difference. Thinking about dropping back too.

Steve,

I assume you are not using the standard Rom since you mention Art. Mine is standard.

Alan

Currently using Omni Nightly and Trinity Ten Kernel. Have ran ThunderKat, RastaKat, and stock rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Something has upset it.

Alan

You can try running it in safe mode. I had updated mine to 4.4.3 but I had terrible battery drain so I went back to 4.4.2.