[ROM][DEVTEAM][GSM][17/04/12]GSM GalaxyTab Honeycomb team--HoneyComb RC1 REUPLOADED!!

Search This thread

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto
You can count on me as a tester also.

And I don´t think that cm9 4.0.4 is better, so far I´ve tested from the beggining of ICS the cm9 its in nothing better as the gingerbread roms for the tab.
For what do you need a tab that is slower then GB, as no Cams, most of the things will never work?
Maybe we should give honeycomb a chance, I just see people developing things for the show and then let the things fall...

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
You can count on me as a tester also.

And I don´t think that cm9 4.0.4 is better, so far I´ve tested from the beggining of ICS the cm9 its in nothing better as the gingerbread roms for the tab.
For what do you need a tab that is slower then GB, as no Cams, most of the things will never work?
Maybe we should give honeycomb a chance, I just see people developing things for the show and then let the things fall...

blahaha I laugh at your silly comments

GL getting a HC ROM as usable as ICS xD

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008

Why do you laugh? Nothing from what I´ve wroted is wrong...

Because everything you "wroted" is your personal opinion (subjective), it means that everything you wroted is neither wrong nor right. It's nothing.

But here is the simple fact:

The current ICS in development right here on these boards is faster, better, stronger and sexier than Honeycomb will ever be.

I do NOT mean to take anything away from dariolob and his excellent work, but the reality is that HC was like Windows Vista - it should never have been made in the first place.

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto
Because everything you "wroted" is your personal opinion (subjective), it means that everything you wroted is neither wrong nor right. It's nothing.

But here is the simple fact:

The current ICS in development right here on these boards is faster, better, stronger and sexier than Honeycomb will ever be.

I do NOT mean to take anything away from dariolob and his excellent work, but the reality is that HC was like Windows Vista - it should never have been made in the first place.

Are the follow things personal opinion.

True hw accel
gpu overclock
both cameras working
browser hw accel
good drivers
and real speed
and much more
like sexy look? Choose a nice theme!
I m using gb.

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Are the follow things personal opinion.

True hw accel
gpu overclock
both cameras working
browser hw accel
good drivers
and real speed
and much more
like sexy look? Choose a nice theme!
I m using gb.

Lol I laugh at your misinformation

Those things will never work on HC. That is not a jab at anyone working on it, that's an informed statement. Anyone with the capability for doing so would see the futility in working on HC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto
Lol I laugh at your misinformation

Those things will never work on HC. That is not a jab at anyone working on it, that's an informed statement. Anyone with the capability for doing so would see the futility in working on HC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Did you read my posts? I was comparing GB with ICS... Read carefully.

And I´ve tested this HC rom once and it was not bad at all, maybe with the effort of people we can have more options. And I don´t agree with you comparing HC to vista... Many tablets working very good and stable in HC.
And don´t forgett that Samsung will not upgrade the TAB because there ´re not enough resources to support ICS officially... That´s something that we need to understand also.
I value the efforts of everyone here, people spend many hours of their times in order to bring something to the others, as I also do in other device thread, and I know the costs of that ( people have family, friends and a job) and they give their work here for free... Don´t forgett that, but anyway I think you will never get a 100 % ICS rom and never be so good as GB on the GTAB.

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
Did you read my posts? I was comparing GB with ICS... Read carefully.

And I´ve tested this HC rom once and it was not bad at all, maybe with the effort of people we can have more options. And I don´t agree with you comparing HC to vista... Many tablets working very good and stable in HC.
And don´t forgett that Samsung will not upgrade the TAB because there ´re not enough resources to support ICS officially... That´s something that we need to understand also.
I value the efforts of everyone here, people spend many hours of their times in order to bring something to the others, as I also do in other device thread, and I know the costs of that ( people have family, friends and a job) and they give their work here for free... Don´t forgett that, but anyway I think you will never get a 100 % ICS rom and never be so good as GB on the GTAB.

Come on now! There is no need for you to go all defensive on this, and continue this pointless dicussion, but facts are facts. Honeycomb was like a dirty hack that was very far from finished, this was freely admitted by Google. That was the reason they didn't want to release the code, it was a mess. They then cleaned up the code and added more goodies to it and released it like ICS. So in fact ICS has all the code of Honeycomb plus additional goodies, that's why many people already prefer it to GB, and now they've even made the stock camera work. There is absolutely no doubt that ICS will become way better than GB, if it isn't already. That's why he found your comments laughable. Opinions are opinions, but facts are facts :)

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
..and it is untrue that our tab do not have resources to run ICS to be officially supported.
It is just not enough resources to run Samsung Touchwiz version of ICS.

I am on aokp ice build #31 and at no point this is inadequate, especially now that cameras work with native can apps.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

Reactions: LowaEastSide

Karry025

Apr 26, 2011
No offense but I like the stock 2.3.6 with tweaks better than the Custom Rom released (HC or ICS)

testadeferro

Feb 20, 2012
Porto
Ok guys just be cool. No need to be ofensive. Our tab is still great and we are lucky to have som many development for the thing.
Let´s help people developing as it should be. Common Dario you have a tester and you can count on me.

tasadar

Sep 11, 2007
guys I am sorry for the OFF TOPIC , but I broke my p1000 and bought chinese tablet which has cpu Samsung s5pv210(humingbird also as you know) not s5pc110 which is in p1000. The chinese tablet has also powerVR540. CAN you tell me if I can install Cyanogen mod 9 on it also ???

My Idea for the question is that it has almost identical hardware( also has hdmi , will it work ?)

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
guys I am sorry for the OFF TOPIC , but I broke my p1000 and bought chinese tablet which has cpu Samsung s5pv210(humingbird also as you know) not s5pc110 which is in p1000. The chinese tablet has also powerVR540. CAN you tell me if I can install Cyanogen mod 9 on it also ???

My Idea for the question is that it has almost identical hardware( also has hdmi , will it work ?)

Uhh no, won't work

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! :)

After going through some beta stages,we finally got Honeycomb RC1,with all the Major bugs IRONED OUT. Now it's only a matter of solving the minor resolution problems :)

UPDATE: Application requests for the team are temporary CLOSED.

Our team is made up of :

Devs:
    - Me :p
    -cdesal
    -Frussou
    -diagdave

Testers:
    -stevensheaven
    -Nezorflame
    -slimdizzy
    -captain134
    -Wackymix
    -Phelapkell
    -ani55

Stay in touch with the team! Visit our (temporary) forums at http://honeycombsgt.freebb3.com/index.php

IRC Channel for team members only: #honeycombsgt @ freenode It will be opened to the public only in release days!! Requests for help and n00b questions wil be IGNORED in developing days,remember we can ban people from the channel!

HONEYCOMB RC1 20 OCTOBER 2011

DOWNLOAD---> http://www.mediafire.com/?mv5xavv0t1bkl57

Changelog

SD automount fixed with MUSIC and GALLERY working --- thanks diagdave
    3G AND GSM FIXED!! --- thanks diagdave
    New RIL from Samsung sources
    Setup Wizard has been re-enabled because it works :)

WARNING--- THIS BUILD WILL PROBABLY WIPE INTERNAL SDCARD !!

INSTALLATION GUIDE! ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296330

Additional notes:

- You may occur in strange issues like red borders in windows but they are known HC sdk issues, easy to overcome, just search on google or take a look in this forum :)

DEVELOPEMENT STATUS: Active

Things we're working at:

• New kernel,built from new sources
    • Smoothness increase
    • Better screen resolution
    • Minor bugs fixing

I received some requests of guides on how to make a ROM. Well,there aren't specific guides for that,but our dev mssmison wrote a porting guide recently: it's a good start for beginners :) Take a look at it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242216

Updates soon ;)

Dario

Credits:

Spacemoose-- without him none of this could be possible :)
    cdesai-- our kernel guru
    diagdave-- for the SD auto mount and 3G fix
    All the testers team :)
    The entire XDA community
    Some fresh news for you guys. diagdave will be working on a 3G fix in few hours,maybe this night you'll get some HC goodness :)
    But this is not the only SDK port we're working on :p
    Hey guys,guess what? I've just ported Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1's TouchWiz UX to this device :D It has basic functions and doesn't involves frameworks but it should work fine :)
    Alright guys,I'm trying right now to make a dirty and fast 3.2 port ;)
    Working on 2.6.35.7 kernel built from samsung sources(gb kernel)

And yea the next build gonna be a lot better :D