[TELUS ONLY] [ROM] FadedFroyo v0.01 for the Fascinate!

Search This thread

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
THIS LINE IS IMPORTANT! IF YOU ARE ON A VERIZON (Or any carrier besides TELUS in CANADA) THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU AND WILL PROBABLY BRICK YOUR PHONE

This is in the Verizon forum because it is the best result on google.

Sorry the mad use of format tags.

IF YOU HAVE QUICK QUESTIONS, TWITTER ME!

https://twitter.com/FadedSpark

Release 2 in as many days. This time, beta 3! Thanks vibrant developers, you make life swell :)

CHANGES

--Fixed the home button problem! Search = HOME, Home and back are still back. I'll work on REALLY fixing it later.
--Market sync is behaving once again, Swype installs (I have the legit beta, still trying to learn how to package it in, if anyone can tell me how, PLEASE DO! because the stock SGS Swype does NOT work)

That's about it for this release.

THINGS IM WORKING ON

--Actually fixing the home button problem and not dodging it.
--Getting the old SGS camera app working. I'll do that tomorrow probably (12/08/10)
--Packaging swype in with the rom. Because it pwns.
--Theme maybe? Haven't thought that far ahead but I want one.
--DEAR GOD LAUNCHER PRO.

CREDITS! Since this is barely my work.

Developers:
cyanogen - http://twitter.com/cyanogen
codeworkx - http://twitter.com/codeworkx
dumdidum - http://twitter.com/dumdidum
coolya - http://twitter.com/coolya
finghin - http://twitter.com/finghin
eugene - http://twitter.com/eugene_373
and a lot more!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

I told you so.

To install this, you need to know how to use Odin. I will not be giving lessons. I will not be responsible if you take your lessons from a bad youtube video, or a nerdy neighbour who isn't quite right. Be careful.

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM, OBVIOUSLY WIPE FIRST! If you are updating, you should be okay. I'll change this if something changes.

1. -- Install clockwork recovery for the VIBRANT
2. -- Place the zip files in the package on either the internal or external SD, I recommend having an external around for back up purposes if your internal mounts as a CD Drive like mine does.
3. -- FLASH KERNEL FIRST! Use the files in the package through ODIN, have not tested clockwork for flashing, I'd rather not. Maybe later.
4. -- Install Current FadedFroyo version included in package.
5. -- (OPTIONAL) INSTALL GAPPS! You want these, obviously. But only the first time.

Enjoy?
@OP, I added my servers as the mirror for the download, much faster than Megaupload, cheers :)
FadedFroyo BETA v0.01 - Cyanogen 6.1

Attachments

• Odin388-416.zip
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:

joethc

Apr 21, 2007
Finally a working telus fascinate cm6 port!

Last edited:

elkniwcire

Aug 31, 2008
This is good news for sure. Can this be ported to work on vzw fascinate?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Will be interesting to see how many phones go belly up from this...both Telus and the not too bright Verizon users who try it.

elkniwcire

Aug 31, 2008
I understand this would turn my vzw fascinate useless, so I am staying away, but is the telus fascinate that drastically different that this rom can't be modified to work on vzw? Pardon, my lack of knowledge, but could some light be shed on this topic?

0mega1

Mar 11, 2008
Hamilton
I understand this would turn my vzw fascinate useless, so I am staying away, but is the telus fascinate that drastically different that this rom can't be modified to work on vzw? Pardon, my lack of knowledge, but could some light be shed on this topic?

CDMA vs HSPA
Totally different kernels
Not sure what else.

jimmypopulous

Oct 11, 2010
Will be interesting to see how many phones go belly up from this...both Telus and the not too bright Verizon users who try it.

I don't have an eye roll big enough for why my reasonable reply to your continued public threadcrapping was removed. And let's be clear: because you've made contributions, we're all expected to put up with your behavior, which is tacitly sanctioned by the moderators.

Interesting reply to my post from a user who no longer exists:

soba49 said:
That was an excellent post. The trouble with programmers is they forget their maturity so quickly. I don't know what it is, but I have seen enough grumbling hermits to be astounded at how good development does actually happen in teams, even in the open source arena. That and I hate sering negative stereotypes reinforced time and again.

Swyped from my i500.04 (bh &1129) using XDA App

I'm a developer and I agree with the general sentiment.

In short: it's not necessary to carry a chip on your shoulder and justify it because you've made contributions. It's just as import to act politely and humbly, even when the original post doesn't necessarily warrant that. The world has enough entitled programmers with a voice on the Internet. I used to operate in the same manner, and I hurt more relationships than I fostered.

The IRC attitude that bleeds into these forums is turning away serious developers. We could all do without the aura of "cool" and incessant fawning; the era of the "l33t" developer is over, folks. I'm certainly not going to rush away from my other projects to delve into Fascinate development.

I'd PM this to adrynalyne personally as well, but I'm blocked. Go figure.

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
I don't have an eye roll big enough for why my reasonable reply to your continued public threadcrapping was removed. And let's be clear: because you've made contributions, we're all expected to put up with your behavior, which is tacitly sanctioned by the moderators.

Interesting reply to my post from a user who no longer exists:

I'm a developer and I agree with the general sentiment.

In short: it's not necessary to carry a chip on your shoulder and justify it because you've made contributions. It's just as import to act politely and humbly, even when the original post doesn't necessarily warrant that. The world has enough entitled programmers with a voice on the Internet. I used to operate in the same manner, and I hurt more relationships than I fostered.

The IRC attitude that bleeds into these forums is turning away serious developers. We could all do without the aura of "cool" and incessant fawning; the era of the "l33t" developer is over, folks. I'm certainly not going to rush away from my other projects to delve into Fascinate development.

I'd PM this to adrynalyne personally as well, but I'm blocked. Go figure.

And all of this whining has what to do with cm 6 for the fascinate?

Or are you just trying to ***** in reply to every one of adrynalyns posts?

jimmypopulous

Oct 11, 2010
And all of this whining has what to do with cm 6 for the fascinate?

Or are you just trying to ***** in reply to every one of adrynalyns posts?

I'd ask the same about his constant threadcrapping and negativity. Big fish, little pond.

It's OK, though, I think I get it - this is more of a club than a development community, and some individuals are above reproach. I'll act accordingly from here on out.

Carry on.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I'd ask the same about his constant threadcrapping and negativity. Big fish, little pond.

It's OK, though, I think I get it - this is more of a club than a development community, and some individuals are above reproach. I'll act accordingly from here on out.

Carry on.

Wow...you need to grow up kiddo. What I said was true...and an honest observation.

1. If you don't have a way to go back...someone will screw it up and break their phone.

2. If you post it in a forum for another phone, there will be someone who skips all reading and goes to the download link and tries it.

3. Why do you think dj05 was never posted publicly? No way to go back if needed. Now things have changed and I have provided a way to go back, but its not up to me to give the go ahead to release it on the forums.

4. When someone breaks their phone, they don't come to you to fix it, they come to irc, and usually me. I've been overwhelmed by so many private messages in here and irc, that I've been forced to turn them off here, and not answer all of them on irc.

So get off your moral high horse and stop stalking me through threads like a rabid groupy.

Thanks

wisconsinated

Feb 23, 2010
I agree with jimmy to an extent about the leet behavior and aire about some developers but I honestly believe adrynalyne didn't mean to come off in that manner and I don't think it's entirely fair to make adrynalyne a.whipping boy for every developer that was a **** to jimmy. Regardless, throwing stones isn't going to help anything. It's fine to vent but this is kinda the wrong forum for that

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
I agree with jimmy to an extent about the leet behavior and aire about some developers but I honestly believe adrynalyne didn't mean to come off in that manner and I don't think it's entirely fair to make adrynalyne a.whipping boy for every developer that was a **** to jimmy. Regardless, throwing stones isn't going to help anything. It's fine to vent but this is kinda the wrong forum for that

+1

Somebody who tried this rom please post something about it to get this thread back on topic.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    got mine going on 2.2....turns out it was my stupid usb cable..i was using my blackberry one.....now just need a root!

froyo.jpg
    Give me an email address to send it to and i'll pull the modem and send it. I know you guys are looking for one that doesn't suck and still gets voice ;)

Thanks, but I just pulled the modem.bin from the update. It's actually a pretty kick ass modern for us. We've used some of the Bell (JK3, JK4) modems and they work pretty well, some of the European modems worked well, but, this one is waaaay better I think. If you patch in that uv stuff, there are some more changes to arch/arm/common/vic.c that stabilize things a bit better, I can post that tomorrow.

Sent from my brain using Thumbs 2.0.
    +1 ban jimmy from forums for contributing more to drama than development
    I can still get into download mode, but I need to get pass zImage

I don't know what version of odin you are using, but this is the one I used.

Don't change a single setting.
    Hey dev, how about some help?

I flashed your rom and im stuck on the cyanogen mod intro boot, it keeps restarting over and over again. I've tried flashing this rom 6 times now and the same thing happens.

What do you suggest?

Install the kernel first?

Wipe your data first?