[FIRMWARE]LG Optimus 7 E900 Original ROM's[DOWNLOAD]

Search This thread

GolfVR6

Nov 29, 2010
Sao Paulo
What's the difference between the Europe Open firmware and these ones like "France", "Spain", "Germany" et al?

Are they branded to a single operator like the "Orange France", "Telefonica Spain" or "Vodafone Germany", or are they "clean" as the Europe Open one?

Thanks

Last edited:

borich

Jun 29, 2011
What's the difference between the Europe Open firmware and these ones like "France", "Spain", "Germany" et al?

Are they branded to a single operator like the "Orange France", "Telefonica Spain" or "Vodafone Germany", or are they "clean" as the Europe Open one?

Thanks
They are clean like eu opn, but the language set by default is different. Probably they have also optimizations for local operator but i'm not sure.
In 2 words is a firmware made for give an open device in those market. Infact without these fw, all the open device will be opn eu and the local distributor may have problem to give warranty service.

Last edited:
Reactions: GolfVR6

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
Hi All

My 2nd hand Optimus was an unlocked Orange UK phone, but, typical of UK carriers it has all kinds of Orange apps on it, so I have decided to have a go at resetting the ROM as if I had bought an Unlocked Sim Free phone, I wish to use a Virgin Mobile UK SIM Card.

This instructions and questions on here are really great and helpfuly, but Im a bit nervous of doing this, so:

I downloaded the:

UNITED KINGDOM LG-E900AT-00-V10a-GBR-XXX-FEB-16-2011+0_DZ

Then Downloaded the 4 pieces of software in nasirahmeds instructions, is this right?.

Ive never flashed a ROM before, so is there any other guidance you can give me, Such as the LG USB driver.. should I use the CA20 or the MA20.. they both look the same. I use Win7x64, but i do have access to a WinXPx86Home Laptop.

Also, I found this:

http://www.lg-phones.org/tutorial-tips-how-to-debrand-lg-optimus-7.html

Is this safe or not?.

Many Thanks
Night

mattbrown

Dec 31, 2005
Dunkeswell
hi

I too had an orange branded unlocked one, and i used the open europe rom, the instructions are good out there, but the vol and power and cam button is actually the volume down button, and i found best to do that combination then in emergency download mode then connected it to the lg software

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
Ok Success!!

Flashed the rom, but used UK ROM, which is a clean OPEN (Bit nervous of using EU Open and configuring).

Both MMS and Bluetooth works great, but Ive now got H (HSPDA), Data & 3g Conn are both on, only have H now.

When I flashed, I followed the tips here, but:

I had ports 8 & 9 (it Used 8), but I found Putting into emergency download, clicking start on software, then plugging in the phone worked for me (In that order)

Cheers

EDIT:

After re-reading this thread, I decided to re-flash to EU OPEN instead of UK OPEN and I can say the phone runs a little faster and smoother under EU, just wanted to add that, in case others were considering UK. I still have "H", I entered Virgin Mobile APN and downloaded "Network Setup" from LG Apps. I now have MMS, Bluetooth and full network tools.

I wanted to add this to back up what the_rider1920 and nasirahmed advised... use either EU Open or your carrier, as you run the risk of slow performance or even bricking it.

Thanks to all on this thread for great and consice posts and questions.

Night

Last edited:

PieOfJustice

Feb 15, 2011
Error: GPS Unavailable
Follow the instructions exactly as stated, you'll remove Mango and go back to the previous version. I just finished doing that and it works 100%. One note, no need to put USB to 1.1. If you have to do that, the problem is with your USB cable. Get another one and save some pain, no need to changing USB ports to pre-historic speed!

Actually they are right. I flashed my firmware back to stock when nodo was out. Since upgrading to the Mango beta I can't get Windows to read the device when set to QC Comp.

Anyone solve this yet. This pretty much screws us from installing updates untill it is solved.

Ineedtoys

Actually they are right. I flashed my firmware back to stock when nodo was out. Since upgrading to the Mango beta I can't get Windows to read the device when set to QC Comp.

Anyone solve this yet. This pretty much screws us from installing updates untill it is solved.
So does that mean that if you're on Mango Beta (7661 or 7712) you can't go back to a stock ROM with LGDP (because it won't connect) or forward to 7720 (because of the driver timeout)?

PieOfJustice

Feb 15, 2011
Error: GPS Unavailable
So does that mean that if you're on Mango Beta (7661 or 7712) you can't go back to a stock ROM with LGDP (because it won't connect) or forward to 7720 (because of the driver timeout)?

So far it is looking like it if your on the LG E900h. Not sure about the EUR E900.

By keeping all my setting the same on my PC I downgraded via backup of pre Mango. The QC Comp drivers kicked in right away allowing to flash further down to 7.004. Upgrading back to Mango Beta disables the QC Comp drivers once again.

Upgrading to Mango RTM also breaks QC Comp drivers meaning unless we have a backup of pre-Mango we can never upgrade or downgrade via this method.

GolfVR6

Nov 29, 2010
Sao Paulo
So I'm screwed.

I lost my NoDo Restore Point when I uninstalled Zune 4.7 to install the 4.8b and the only backup I have here is from the 7712 :eek:

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
So far it is looking like it if your on the LG E900h. Not sure about the EUR E900.

By keeping all my setting the same on my PC I downgraded via backup of pre Mango. The QC Comp drivers kicked in right away allowing to flash further down to 7.004. Upgrading back to Mango Beta disables the QC Comp drivers once again.

Upgrading to Mango RTM also breaks QC Comp drivers meaning unless we have a backup of pre-Mango we can never upgrade or downgrade via this method.

you can actually force qc composit to turn on. just use the emergency download mode (#10 in mfg) i had flashed my phone 3 times from mango rtm.

mtb_kng

Jun 5, 2011
I still can't get this to work. I'm unsure of what port to use (I think it's COM4) and once the program is running (everything idle, and I've clicked start) the phone remains in emergency download.... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Can someone go through the last part step by step.

NVRMIND>>> Got it :p

Just had to plug cable out and plug back in :p haha!

Last edited:

sathish-klgd

Aug 24, 2008
lg e700

hi... friend
i have lg e700 with carrier open mobile and i face some problems with that
1, the wifi connection no connecting with any device
2, bluetooth also same
3, no LED intication works
so please give me sugesion to flash the rom perfactily
with regards
sathish

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
hi... friend
i have lg e700 with carrier open mobile and i face some problems with that
1, the wifi connection no connecting with any device
2, bluetooth also same
3, no LED intication works
so please give me sugesion to flash the rom perfactily
with regards
sathish

sorry but your device is broken
common problem with the wireless module.
get a new phone

gore-

Aug 1, 2008
Thanks !

I've tried this yesterday and... it works !!! :D

Thanks a lot for this, bye bye Orange France Rom and future limitations in the Mango rom (no tethering, no visual vocal messaging .. ) :D

So I have now 1.0.2.10 radio FW instead of 1.0.8.10 before with Orange, but I've read new phone firmware will come with Mango, still waiting, two weeks max :)

Thanks again !

cozo89

Jan 23, 2009
thank you !

doing this helped me solve my problem with the error 8008001e on my optimus 7.Thank you for this wonderfull post.

Skimi

Jun 29, 2004
Maia City
Hi to all..

I may need some help here, i followed the tuto to install the EUROPE firmware on my e900, everything was going well, but then i get to 17% on LGDP2_V36_UMTS and i get an error...

the phone keeped the "emergency mode" on screen but the PC doesnt detect it... then i tried to rebot it to see if i can get it back to the emergency mode and try again, but now the phone wont boot...

i already removed the battery for some minutes, try to press every possible keys on the phone with no luck...

Is the phone dead? There any way to retry the procedure?

thanks

jandevries12

Sep 17, 2004
Hi Skimi.
No, your phone is not dead. Just close the LGDP2_V36_UMTS application on your PC and restart the procedure. If that doesn't work, you can also take the battery out of your phone, re-insert it and restart the procedure.
I know, it sounds scary, but it works.

I had the same problem, with to Optimus 7 phones that I reflashed. It took me about 8 attempts per phone before the flash completed 100%.
The tool should be more fool-proof, I agree; but at least the procedure can be restarted...

Skimi

Jun 29, 2004
Maia City
Hi Skimi.
No, your phone is not dead. Just close the LGDP2_V36_UMTS application on your PC and restart the procedure. If that doesn't work, you can also take the battery out of your phone, re-insert it and restart the procedure.
I know, it sounds scary, but it works.

I had the same problem, with to Optimus 7 phones that I reflashed. It took me about 8 attempts per phone before the flash completed 100%.
The tool should be more fool-proof, I agree; but at least the procedure can be restarted...

Thanks for your response, but the problem is that i cant get it to emergency mode... the phone doesnt respond to any key nor power or any combination...

The PC doesn't detect it either...

Last edited: