Gear Manager causing battery drain

Search This thread

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
Anyone else seeing extra battery drain from the latest Gear Manager 2.0.14041404?

Appears to be coming from these wake locks in the photo, which appear to be far more time consuming than anything else on my phone. Just not letting my phone sleep properly.

ahe6ynaz.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

S-Treffi

Mar 6, 2009
Anyone else seeing extra battery drain from the latest Gear Manager 2.0.14041404?

Appears to be coming from these wake locks in the photo, which appear to be far more time consuming than anything else on my phone. Just not letting my phone sleep properly.

ahe6ynaz.jpg

I have nearly the same problem, although it's not as huge as yours:

SAPROVIDERS service had 102x Wakelocks within 9:30 hours and was 8m 46 seconds active.
GOPROVIDERS was only active twice and 4 seconds active.

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
You know... I was using rom slot 1 and basically just playing around with stock rooted 4.3, xposed framework, and wanam app installed.

After a couple of days of seeing wakelocks and battery drain, I decided to go back into safestrap and just boot into my normal stock slot which is just 4.3 rooted.

Battery drain is gone and the phone is sleeping properly according to CPU Spy.

S-Treffi

Mar 6, 2009
Uhm, strange. I have Omegas s5 Rom Übung my galaxy s5 sm-g900f. It's nearly the same as the Stock Rom, just rooted and with minor tweaks. Do you have a clou which modification does the Manager let draining battery?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
Uhm, strange. I have Omegas s5 Rom Übung my galaxy s5 sm-g900f. It's nearly the same as the Stock Rom, just rooted and with minor tweaks. Do you have a clou which modification does the Manager let draining battery?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

I actually froze saprovider in titanium backup and noticed the drain started coming from Android OS after that.

I'm not really sure what was the original issue causing the drain. I didn't install any additional apps and was only using Wanam & X Tether modules. Using GSAM Battery Monitor it pointed to the kernel causing the wakelocks which made me start thinking if it was the framework itself causing the issue. Either way... I'm not really missing anything I was using.

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
OK I've got an SGN3 with a Zerolemon 10000mAh battery that usually gives me 4 days battery. I have a Gear 1. I recently installed the gear manager update and last night I went to bed with 100% battery this morning it was 17%. That is over two normal batteries worth of charge. All taken by saprovider and goproviders. Serious problem this...phone is uprooted and I'd rather not root it, not that I don't know how but it's my main business tool and I'd rather not ...how do I stop this happening?