Does keeping the charger plugged in after 100% damage the battery?

Search This thread

GreatLachlan

Mar 16, 2013
Adelaide
Sorry is this has already been asked before, I did search around.

I just got my HTC One a few days ago, and after coming from a Galaxy Nexus, I think that this is a extremely good phone. Obviously I'm very careful with it and don't want to damage it, but I'm worried that the way I'm charging my device is decreasing (or will decrease) my batteries life span.
I keep it plugged in all night because I obviously I don't want to charge it during the day. So does keeping the phone plugged in all night damage the battery or does it just stop charging all together once it reaches 100%?

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb

I just got my HTC One a few days ago, and after coming from a Galaxy Nexus, I think that this is a extremely good phone. Obviously I'm very careful with it and don't want to damage it, but I'm worried that the way I'm charging my device is decreasing (or will decrease) my batteries life span.
I keep it plugged in all night because I obviously I don't want to charge it during the day. So does keeping the phone plugged in all night damage the battery or does it just stop charging all together once it reaches 100%?
It doesn't damage anything. I charge my phone the same way you do and my battery lasts as long as it did the first day i got it.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

There is no problem keeping the phone on charge even if it reached 100% The only advice regarding battery that I can give you is: try not letting the phone discharge to 0%. Some ppl here had issues reviving their phones after a full discharge.

Reactions: donkeykong1

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
There is no problem keeping the phone on charge even if it reached 100% The only advice regarding battery that I can give you is: try not letting the phone discharge to 0%. Some ppl here had issues reviving their phones after a full discharge.
I never had any problems with discharging to 0%, but good advice anway [emoji106]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.