Tizen USA no Samsung apps?

Search This thread

jmdearras

Aug 20, 2008
RIchmond, Virginia
I loaded the Great Britain tizen on my Gear, and all works, except the gear manager shows a blank screen for samsung app. Is this normal? are there any apps to sideload, and how do you do that?

Thanks!
Jim:D

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I believe you did everything right. It's a simple process. Sometimes file downloads can be corrupt. I had one that kicked my butt for 2 days. I downloaded and it was fine.

Try the Canadian NF1 and see what happens. It's the one I'm on with my note 3 and all is well.

jmdearras

Aug 20, 2008
RIchmond, Virginia
I believe you did everything right. It's a simple process. Sometimes file downloads can be corrupt. I had one that kicked my butt for 2 days. I downloaded and it was fine.

Try the Canadian NF1 and see what happens. It's the one I'm on with my note 3 and all is well.

OK, thanks. It's just strange the error shows up on the gear manager, the watch is solid. should you remove the watch from gear manager before the update?

jmdearras

Aug 20, 2008
RIchmond, Virginia

I factory reset, and flashed the latest Canadian one, and there was no difference. Gear Manager shows no Samsung Apps. All else is fine. except I cannot get it to connect to bluetooth headphones for the media player.

Puzzled,

Jim:confused:

jbirdou

Dec 13, 2010
I factory reset, and flashed the latest Canadian one, and there was no difference. Gear Manager shows no Samsung Apps. All else is fine. except I cannot get it to connect to bluetooth headphones for the media player.

Puzzled,

Jim:confused:

There appear to be a few of us United-Statesians who are having this problem, Jim. I experienced this issue on my Note 3 when i prematurely flashed Tizen, and another user in response to a thread I posted a week back noted that he experienced the issue as well.

At least you can rest assured that it is not just your phone or Gear.

I even flashed the XAR version of NF1 today, and still no luck.

Oddly, though, I was able to see the apps in the store for a short period of time, when the app store notified me of an update to watch styler. I've been able to reproduce the effect by installing an old version of watch styler, waiting a few minutes (anywhere from 15 to an hour), and then going into the app store for the update. For some reason, when the gear app store sees the need for an update, it allows you to view all of the apps on the store. Not sure if it works with updates to any other apps, but I don't see a reason that it woiuldn't. An odd workaround, I know, but it may work for you as well.

Good luck!

zambz

May 28, 2010
No apps fix

In my case I had my Samsung Gear updated from Android to Tizen (NE9 version) and my Note 3 updated the Gear Manager automatically, when detected Gear with Tizen.
I tried all the steps above with no luck, so I uninstalled the Gear Manager (from Galaxy apps application) and rebooted the phone. Installed a fresh version of Gear Manager from Galaxy Apps and after connected with watch everything worked. Now I can see many apps for my watch on Samsung Gear Apps.

I hope this helps!

Z.