[Q] Stock 4.4.4

Search This thread

mcjd0904

Jul 6, 2014
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've done any ROM flashing (older phones) so I'm a little rusty now. I'm currently root, unlocked, CWM with stock 4.1.2 (never flashed any custom ROMs on my S3). I'm wanting to get closet to stock 4.4.4 as possible. Can I use the Nexus 5 4.4.4 firmware on my phone? Or will it not work due to it being GSM?

If this won't work, can anyone recommend a ROM of the latest android version that is closest to stock as possible? Thanks.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't recommend flashing anything on an s3 that isn't made for s3, unless of course you happen to like buying new phones to replace a brick that you made.

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've done any ROM flashing (older phones) so I'm a little rusty now. I'm currently root, unlocked, CWM with stock 4.1.2 (never flashed any custom ROMs on my S3). I'm wanting to get closet to stock 4.4.4 as possible. Can I use the Nexus 5 4.4.4 firmware on my phone? Or will it not work due to it being GSM?

If this won't work, can anyone recommend a ROM of the latest android version that is closest to stock as possible? Thanks.
The current CyanogenMod 11 nightly builds for the "d2lte" device are mostly-stock Android v4.4.4 and very solid on this device.

Here's the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558946

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wouldn't recommend flashing anything on an s3 that isn't made for s3, unless of course you happen to like buying new phones to replace a brick that you made.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wrong firmware = BRICK

Before you flash ANYTHING read, read, read,...then read some more.