TWRP Port to TMO Note

Search This thread

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Hi, I would like to port TWRP to the TMO Galaxy Note but since I don't have one I need help from people with the phone. I ported TWRP to the ATT Galaxy Note: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647575.

If someone who has rooted can give me the output of the following commands as root in adb shell or a terminal on the phone:

cat /proc/partitions
cat /proc/emmc
busybox fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

Thanks!

If anyone is feeling frisky, they can dd this to their recovery partition (/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 at least on the att note)

Don't blame me for borking and make sure that this partition is the right partition. It looks like the cwm touch version in the dev section is a clone of braway's CWM touch so I am guessing they have the same partitions.

Good luck!

Attachments

• recovery.img
    6.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

clemcat0091

Jun 28, 2009
Denver
I can do this when I get back in for the night. Anything to help move along the development section of this device!!

javip

Dec 3, 2009
is there any added benefit in doing this?

i've been using twrp 2.2.1 on my TMO note since day one. I used odin flash CWM then CWM to flash the ATT twrp from teamwins website and have experienced no issues at all.

not trying to discourage development in anyway but if it already exists and works correctly what would be the advantage?

Dees_Troy

Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
is there any added benefit in doing this?

i've been using twrp 2.2.1 on my TMO note since day one. I used odin flash CWM then CWM to flash the ATT twrp from teamwins website and have experienced no issues at all.

not trying to discourage development in anyway but if it already exists and works correctly what would be the advantage?

Odds are the devices are identical, but this build will give a device name of "quincytmo" instead of "quincyatt" which may be important for zip files. Most ROMs do a check before installing called an assert where they check the device name to ensure that you're installing the correct ROM for your device.

Still, glad to hear that you've been using TWRP without issue.

recepo1

May 29, 2010
Philly,PA
Really dont have to port it just use twrp in the at&t dev section i been using for a week works flawlessly and im on a native tmobile note

Didnt read prior post my bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:

javip

Dec 3, 2009
Odds are the devices are identical, but this build will give a device name of "quincytmo" instead of "quincyatt" which may be important for zip files. Most ROMs do a check before installing called an assert where they check the device name to ensure that you're installing the correct ROM for your device.

Still, glad to hear that you've been using TWRP without issue.

that's a valid point. like i said i'm not trying to hinder development, but thanks for answering :)

Android Revolution

Feb 26, 2011
San Diego
Hi, I would like to port TWRP to the TMO Galaxy Note but since I don't have one I need help from people with the phone. I ported TWRP to the ATT Galaxy Note: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647575.

If someone who has rooted can give me the output of the following commands as root in adb shell or a terminal on the phone:

cat /proc/partitions
cat /proc/emmc
busybox fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

Thanks!

If anyone is feeling frisky, they can dd this to their recovery partition (/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 at least on the att note)

Don't blame me for borking and make sure that this partition is the right partition. It looks like the cwm touch version in the dev section is a clone of braway's CWM touch so I am guessing they have the same partitions.

Good luck!

Here is the result for /partitions

- For /emmc, result is "no such file or directory"
- For busybox, apparently I didn't have that installed, downloading and installing now, but will take a few minutes because I'm throttled. Will update post with results from that after.

While as others have stated, it's not "necessary" to port over since the ATT version works, I'm more than happy to help to have a version for THIS model, as there are obviously differences between the i717 and the T879. This is apparent because not all ROMS for the i717 work on the T879. Having our own version of TWRP just solidifies the 879 as it's own entity, not just an "also ran" ;)

Attachments

• partitions.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 11

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
Here is the result for /partitions

- For /emmc, result is "no such file or directory"
- For busybox, apparently I didn't have that installed, downloading and installing now, but will take a few minutes because I'm throttled. Will update post with results from that after.

While as others have stated, it's not "necessary" to port over since the ATT version works, I'm more than happy to help to have a version for THIS model, as there are obviously differences between the i717 and the T879. This is apparent because not all ROMS for the i717 work on the T879. Having our own version of TWRP just solidifies the 879 as it's own entity, not just an "also ran" ;)

I went ahead and posted a t879 friendly image in Development forum. I also added it to goo manager. If you guys could test and report back that would be great.