* retired * [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm-10.1] - [april13] - P13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb16] - PREVIEW 4

Just wanted to know the process you guys use in TWRP to wipe before flashing? I'm having reboot problems and I'm trying to find out where I messed up.

I wipe cache -dalvik -system- factory data reset that order 3 times ...and never had 1 problem at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

I wipe cache -dalvik -system- factory data reset that order 3 times ...and never had 1 problem at all

I'll try that out now to flash Preview 4 and see if I still get the reboots. Thanks much!

EDIT: So far, so good. Will report back after a day of use.

Last edited:

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
Just wanted to know the process you guys use in TWRP to wipe before flashing? I'm having reboot problems and I'm trying to find out where I messed up.

Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Factory Reset, Wipe System, Wipe Android Secure (I have no clue what Android secure is but I wipe it anyway), I never dirty flash or restore data via Titanium Backup, only my apps..

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Anyone else able to get this into tablet mode with Xposed?

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

Make sure after you run the installer you click modules and check the box then reboot.. Come back to the xposed app settings app go to Android System set DPI to 213 and screen to 800x1280 and save the go to System UI and follow the same steps but you must reboot afterwards to get them into tablet mode. Doing both will change the lockscreen into tablet mode also.. Also it's the new 4.2 Tablet mode, so the noti center won't be at the bottom it'll still be at the top but you'll have dual pull downs notifications on the left and when you swipe down on the top right you'll have your toggles and profile.. I actually love this tab mode better than the PA tab mode (which I never thought I'd get over)

Reactions: Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA

Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Factory Reset, Wipe System, Wipe Android Secure (I have no clue what Android secure is but I wipe it anyway), I never dirty flash or restore data via Titanium Backup, only my apps..

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Make sure after you run the installer you click modules and check the box then reboot.. Come back to the xposed app settings app go to Android System set DPI to 213 and screen to 800x1280 and save the go to System UI and follow the same steps but you must reboot afterwards to get them into tablet mode. Doing both will change the lockscreen into tablet mode also.. Also it's the new 4.2 Tablet mode, so the noti center won't be at the bottom it'll still be at the top but you'll have dual pull downs notifications on the left and when you swipe down on the top right you'll have your toggles and profile.. I actually love this tab mode better than the PA tab mode (which I never thought I'd get over)

OK thanks, was wanting it at bottom again. Just have to ride it out till PA fully runs

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

len_smith

Jul 27, 2011

So far, so good. No issues with rotation. One minor issue with cLock. I can't get it to switch from C to F on the temp display.

------

tman23

Jun 1, 2010
Frankfort
OnePlus 8T

So far, so good. No issues with rotation. One minor issue with cLock. I can't get it to switch from C to F on the temp display.

One thing I've done that's always worked for this issue is to go to menu>settings>system>clock widget>weather panel and then check metric then refresh your weather so it displays the new time of when you last refreshed and then go back in uncheck metric and refresh and voila :) also it should be noted that you need to have your refresh time set to manual!
------

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

len_smith

Jul 27, 2011

Update on cLock: the temp value changed from C to F when I changed locations. This seems like it still may be a bug. Just a low priority one.

Jan 2, 2013

Hey guys I had a quick question that I can't seem to find a solid answer to. I'm on ATT network and my speeds are crap right now. I'm grandfathered into an unlimited plan and I know I can be throttled but I have not gone over the 5gig limit and have not gotten the "throttle" message from them. I just flashed the latest version of this rom and im on the uclf6 modem. Should i try to flash a diff modem or is this something i can fix with settings.? Any help would be great. Im pulling my hair out here, my wife has a Gs3 no root and she's getting almost 7mb download whereas I'm only getting 500kb.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
When I went to the play store it said open garden didn't support my device and it wouldn't let me download it.

Dunno, I couldn't install it from the Market either (AT&T blocks it) but they have a link right in the page to to go their site to install it.

On that note.. I've also posted this in a few CM10/10.1 nightly threads, but there's a lot of action in this thread so I wanted to post it here too. Hopefully nobody sees this as disrespect for Jamie since this is direct upstream for his ROM.

I've logged jira bugs for Bluetooth and Wifi Tethering. If anyone wants to add "me too's" to this list and add any additional builds, radio's, etc to this list, it would be appreciated. Make sure you Vote for the bug, even if you have no more information to add.

If you're using a non-stock kernel, please don't post to the bugs. It will only dilute the information. Thanks.

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-341

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-342

CB620

Jan 6, 2009

Might be going back to Preview 3 cause I experienced 3 reboots while running #4. It is a slight freeze and than it restarts.

thunderkiss65

Jun 11, 2011
Dallas Texas
Downloading Pics

I am having a issue when downloading pictures through messaging. I have had this issue in the past with other roms, Only way i can get a picture to download is go into settings then mobile networks and reset my APN. Is this a common issue, I have had this problem every since i flashed a ice cream sandwich rom, Getting the same thing with Cyanogen 10.1.Could it be a setting in my APN ?

Last edited:

crixley

May 25, 2012
Might be going back to Preview 3 cause I experienced 3 reboots while running #4. It is a slight freeze and than it restarts.

must be kernel related....

I had that using fj kernel on preview 3 too, but using 4aces has been perfect.

maybe you should specify that you changed the kernel so as not to give a false impression to others of instability.

socalrocker

Mar 15, 2009
Orange County Calif
Hey guys I had a quick question that I can't seem to find a solid answer to. I'm on ATT network and my speeds are crap right now. I'm grandfathered into an unlimited plan and I know I can be throttled but I have not gone over the 5gig limit and have not gotten the "throttle" message from them. I just flashed the latest version of this rom and im on the uclf6 modem. Should i try to flash a diff modem or is this something i can fix with settings.? Any help would be great. Im pulling my hair out here, my wife has a Gs3 no root and she's getting almost 7mb download whereas I'm only getting 500kb.

Ive been getting poor speed from AT&T on several different Roms on and off for a few weeks now I think its more than likely flakey AT&T network issues.. changing severs inside speedtest.net seems to improve test results so i really think its a ntwork issue over a Rom issue.. thanks AT&T :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    moving onto a new rom, the official cm nightlies and M releases are doing great :)

13347-cm-10-1-logo

Credits: www.cyanogenmod.com for all your info needs,
    Sources: www.github.com/cyanogenmod for all your source needs

wipe data/system/cache's before installing.
    the above steps arent needed if your flashing from previous build or cm nightly. but is recommended to clear cache after flashing the rom.

rom: Preview 13
    gapps: 4.2.x GAPPS

if you get a recovery error when flashing, either upgrade your cwm or install twrp2*recommended*.

changelog:
    preview 13
    -- merged all up to today
    -- battery bar back
    -- probably more.

preview 12
    -- lots of cm merges since last build
    -- basic stock build with gestures this time around.

preview 11
    -- merged to latest cm merges *there were quite a few*
    -- yes cm's pie is included *settings-system-pie controls*, note: there is no notification/quick settings access in this pie thats pa.
    -- stylus gestures rebased
    -- more here and there just enjoy :)

Credits and Thanks:
    CyanogenMod
    roger_n *for all the help*
    gs2usr *for all the help*
    teamchopsticks *for all the help*
    chris41g for his kernel and work

Extras:
    -- disable cap buttons*plus re-enable* disable - enable flash in recovery. disable key lights in "advanced settings"
    -- if you want per app dpi check HERE
    -- chris41g's kernel here *recommended*
    -- SuperNote from padphone 2 *s-note replacement* HERE - unzip then install like you would any .apk
    preview 7 is up and ready for flashing, enjoy bed time now
    That is just crazy. Shows how much people really do care. When the time comes and you leave people will be upset that there are less and less ROMS for the Note around cause you refuse to post them here or build them to share anymore cause the lack of appreciation.

I would personally hate to see the latter of that. It would suck only having the CM builds only to flash on my Note and not be able to get PA anytime soon.

i wont let 1-2 people ruin it for the rest of you so dont worry about that, there has been way more positive about the release then negative, negative just sticks out a lot more. but honestly if they want silly things they can pm me, im not some big mean green monster or something, im just very outspoken.
    PREVIEW 4 is up
    changelog in op