Screen Protectors

Search This thread

joy_1484

Aug 16, 2011
Cheap screen Protector in ebay

To day I found 5x screen protector in ebay just under 10 bucks.

I think it will be good and it is anti glare as well.

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
I let the Verizon salesman get me to buy their overpriced protectors (3 for $15...) I really don't like it. It's as wide as the screen, but long enough to cover the Verizon logo on top, and the softkeys on the bottom. It has cut outs for the camera and the light sensor.

What I don't like, is that despite the best efforts of the Verizon salesman (and he did try his hardest, there isn't a spec of dust under the cover) the edges don't stick. This is because the phone's glass curves to the edge. This leaves a tiny bit of the protector that isn't stuck down. Not only does this look bad, but it's also going to attract dust and pocket lint to get in there.

Furthermore, the screen protector also detracts from the aesthetics of the phone, it shows finger prints much more than the gorilla glass 2 does, and it adds a very slight color tint.

I think I'm going to remove it and just go without.

Cheese78

Apr 24, 2011
If you like Zagg then xtremeguard already has the DNA protectors available. Current sale means they are only 5 bucks a pop. I have used them before and was very pleased.

tcsfinest

Jun 18, 2010
That is strange I got the Verizon screen protectors and don't have the issue ..however mine isn't edge to edge .. did he give you some type of aftermarket or does it have the droid stamp on it ..?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thrillhouse847

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
The Verizon protectors not covering the entire screen (not edge to edge, only the part that's illuminated) is a deal breaker for me. I'll just keep shopping around.

Also, I have nothing against Zagg. I've used Zagg on two devices and they held up great without any of the (noticeable) orange-peeling effect I've read about. My only big complaint with them is the outrageous price.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Wizend

Sep 14, 2010
Sioux Falls
Are screen protectors even necessary? I owned my DROID X for 2 yrs without a screen protector and it looked as good as the day I bought it. That only had Gorilla Glass 1, it looks like Gorilla Glass 2 is supposed to be thinner is all, and I assume the same strength.

I am not for one going to put one on. Besides I love how silky smooth the screen is, and despise others with their sticky rough screen protectors.

Despyse

Oct 30, 2012
University Park
Because of the curved edges the display has, I doubt there will be ones that will cover the whole thing, unless they come curved... I don't use screen protectors, but for those that do, that's most likely all you will get.

Thrillhouse847

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
The more I use the phone, the more I'm thinking about just skipping the screen protector this time around. It seems pretty substantial on its own and the great, smooth feel is something I wouldn't want to lose (along with the clarity of the awesome screen, too).

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

volfan22

Apr 3, 2011
Do any of you guys that don't have screen protectors on have any scratches yet? I know it is not supposed to scratch but that's not always the case. I currently have the Verizon one on mine.

Thrillhouse847

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
Do any of you guys that don't have screen protectors on have any scratches yet? I know it is not supposed to scratch but that's not always the case. I currently have the Verizon one on mine.

Like I said above, I'm currently not using a protector and I have been shoving it in/pulling it out of my pockets and even dropped it on a wood floor (screen down) and no nicks or scratches...so far.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

WilliamStern

Mar 26, 2010
Miami, Fl.
I just can't use screen protectors no matter what. Some of them have a haze foggy look to them, others feel a tad sticky, and sometimes I'll have the tiniest dust particle under the glass or just a small bubble around one of the edges. <<<---- Each, and everyone of these drive me nuts! Also the touch never feels the same, or as smooth. I don't know about most of you, but I'm very anal about my phones, and never had any glass damage, or scratches for that matter.

My final word.... GO NAKED!!!!!!

Wizend

Sep 14, 2010
Sioux Falls

I work in construction sites a lot. And I use my flash light app a lot. I will sometimes lay my phone screen down above the ceiling. There is always metal shavings and chunks of cement up there and I do not have the smallest hint of a scratch on my screen. I have also dropped it on concrete and asphalt, still nothing.

I honestly think it is a sales gimmick.

Reactions: vinnyp34

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I have a Gnex right now... went naked with that and it was a mistake. I have 2 or 3 small hairline scratches and I take pretty decent care of my phone. I dislike screen protectors but I dislike scratches even more.

ML417

Jul 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
i've had an old LG Xenon (text phone) i had a cheap case on it which i ended up destroying after repeated drops on concrete, I've even cracked the screen a little on the side with the case and screen protector on, but after all of that i went naked anticipating an upgrade, but i've dropped it off a 2nd story porch straight down onto concrete with screen face down and not even a scratch. I think that the screen itself will survive alot of impacts, it's the rest of the body (as well as the corner of the screen) that can't take the damage.

I'm going no screen protector, but will put a case on it once the one i want comes out. I dont believe it makes enough of a difference to counter the cons of it.

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
Hey people, just wanted to do my part and contribute.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.

Reactions: FlipMarc and x4sper

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.

you the MAN!! hell ya thanks alot doesn't get any better than that. i looked up some review and they say it has less orange peal than the invisibleSHIELD. sounds like xoskins claims so i hope its just as good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not sure iff 70OFF1 is still working, but there is a new one 80off3
    screen protector

The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector is the best!

I am patiently waiting for sgp steinheil, and a decent sleeve.

I work in construction sites a lot. And I use my flash light app a lot. I will sometimes lay my phone screen down above the ceiling. There is always metal shavings and chunks of cement up there and I do not have the smallest hint of a scratch on my screen. I have also dropped it on concrete and asphalt, still nothing.

I honestly think it is a sales gimmick.