problems after root

Search This thread

billaras481

Mar 2, 2014
Well, since I rooted my xsp it seems to have lots of lags but those lags start after using the phone for a while and opening a few applications.Then it usually goes slower and slower until it completely crashes and reboot automatically or I reboot.
I also noticed that ram is getting full for no reason and as I said above, before it completely crashes it is trying to open the settings and then needs reboot.
Maybe I need to unroot? Just know that I unlocked the bootloader and rooted correctly without problems if it matters.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Well, since I rooted my xsp it seems to have lots of lags but those lags start after using the phone for a while and opening a few applications.Then it usually goes slower and slower until it completely crashes and reboot automatically or I reboot.
I also noticed that ram is getting full for no reason and as I said above, before it completely crashes it is trying to open the settings and then needs reboot.
Maybe I need to unroot? Just know that I unlocked the bootloader and rooted correctly without problems if it matters.

Try another kernel?

billaras481

Mar 2, 2014
Root cannot affect your phone's performance, because all it does is give you root priviliges (acces to the system itself). I don't think unrooting will solve anything

Then what should I do? I need to reboot my phone about 3 times per day..
Maybe I need to relock the bootloader? Is that even possible?

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
connect your device to pc companion and choose repair...that should flash the latest firmware to your device and wipe out the root...

If bootloader unlocked, PCC or SUS will not recognise your phone, so relock first. OR you can flash another kernel with better RAM management. Are you using Doomlord's kernel?

fred_pitoizet

May 27, 2013
May be a solution

Hi !
I've experienced such sort of problems. I was on stock 4.3, I've unlocked the bootloader, install a Doomlord kernel (CWM) with flashtool.
I thought installing a custom rom (Advance XPERIA v1.2) will solve the problem, but it didn't ...:crying:

In desperation, I thought going back to a stock kernel.
To do this, I've download a full firmware (ftf), and with flashtool, I've flashed the firmware in flashmode but with these options :
_ Wipe: all unchecked
_ Exclude : all checked but kernel
_ Misc : all unchecked.

Reboot : no more recovery, but I haven't lost root, Titanium Backup doesn't complain, Terminal su remount -o remount,rw /system work, root browser Ok, ...
I've past the last two hours trying to make the phone laggy and instable, without success ;)
Games, Album, Google Photo, Google Play music, switch fastly settings, camera with effects ...

Only the time will tell me if this is working ...:confused:

Sorry for my poor english...

Fred.

PS: The very last DoomLord kernel (v5) seems to suffer from the same problem about the RAM ...

morley7

Oct 1, 2015
Hi !
I've experienced such sort of problems. I was on stock 4.3, I've unlocked the bootloader, install a Doomlord kernel (CWM) with flashtool.
I thought installing a custom rom (Advance XPERIA v1.2) will solve the problem, but it didn't ...:crying:

In desperation, I thought going back to a stock kernel.
To do this, I've download a full firmware (ftf), and with flashtool, I've flashed the firmware in flashmode but with these options :
_ Wipe: all unchecked
_ Exclude : all checked but kernel
_ Misc : all unchecked.

Reboot : no more recovery, but I haven't lost root, Titanium Backup doesn't complain, Terminal su remount -o remount,rw /system work, root browser Ok, ...
I've past the last two hours trying to make the phone laggy and instable, without success ;)
Games, Album, Google Photo, Google Play music, switch fastly settings, camera with effects ...

Only the time will tell me if this is working ...:confused:

Sorry for my poor english...

Fred.

PS: The very last DoomLord kernel (v5) seems to suffer from the same problem about the RAM ...

hello,
i have rooted my xperia sp device successfully. Now i have problem of volume keys not functioning. When i receive call i try to volume up the speaker but it doesnt affect. note: my speakers were working perfectly before root and speaker hardware is also good in condition. please help me out to solve this problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How can I do that? I don't want to root it with another kernel. Ι prefer to unroot if it's possible but I don't know how.

Root cannot affect your phone's performance, because all it does is give you root priviliges (acces to the system itself). I don't think unrooting will solve anything