How to disable automatic updates on Note 10.1?

Search This thread

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
I just bought a Note 10.1 2014 tablet. It's on Android 4.3, I have rooted it with Odin. I would like to disable the auto update to prevent it from updating to Kitkat. I have freezed FWUpgrade 1.2.0 with Titanium Backup. Is that enough? Or do I need to freeze/rename some other files? Thanks.

Griggs2121

May 21, 2012
Just curious why you don't want the update? I have a p600 wi fi only and I have to say I've got much better performance after the update. That said my note 3 was awful after the update

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
Just curious why you don't want the update? I have a p600 wi fi only and I have to say I've got much better performance after the update. That said my note 3 was awful after the update

I have my reasons. If anyone knows please help.

I also found 2 other programs that could be updaters (Software Update v3_1308_2_1 and Software Update v6_1308_5_1), I have also freezed them for now.

torickray

Feb 22, 2010
If u rooted it, u had triggered knox. U can't get ota update after that

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: awdrifter

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012

I have my phone (Samsung Note 3) getting automatically updated overnight even though it's rooted (thankfully that was still on 4.3). Can anyone confirm that for the Note 10.1 once it's rooted I will not get any more OTA updates? Thanks.

torickray

Feb 22, 2010
I'm using galaya note 2 kitkat original and rooted. I tried ota update and an error message appeared and said unable to update my phone because it is modified

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I believe with root, you still received the OTA update, but it will failed when you try to run the update.

Reactions: awdrifter

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
Ok cool. As long as it can't successfully update through OTA. I have everything I need to use on 4.3, unless there's an app that requries 4.4 or higher, I don't want to update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I believe with root, you still received the OTA update, but it will failed when you try to run the update.