Viewpad 10e

Search This thread

Gstar32

Apr 14, 2012
Could someone please either post a link to the original flash player that came with the tablet or tell Me the exact version that was on it. I lost the original flash due to trying different versions with iplayer, now I can't even watch live shows or other videos.

I'm a bit angry that they say this tablet supports flash, but we can't get the recent flash player 11 to work. I hope this tablet takes off like the viewpad 7 did, it has so much potential to be customized and to be a all round better tablet.

P.s. Is there any word yet on when ICS will be released..

Thanks

Sent from my ViewPad 10e using XDA Premium App

willierwil

Nov 12, 2010
viewpad 10e in pieces

....right, last night I cracked the screen (dropped on the street) sob sob sob, but fortunatelly its still working , ! super surprise !, so then i took the occasion to open it up and take some pics of the hardware inside, here we are:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNaXViZjA1QzlEdUU
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNU1NZOVlNWEVqS28
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNLU56SjNQVHZ2dlk
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNTzJQWmNjTjdWbXc
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNVzIzTkVmMnBjdFU
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNNnYwanpjNW40eEE
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNM21sdmlodlRmX0U
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNS1lzN1NrV0NzZk0
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNZ2ZueFRlNFhrTFU
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNNjY5d0VpSTI1NTA
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNZ0FkNDA4X0ZhUUk
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNQzFNekg3OHRydDA
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNVTRkOElSTTdhWHc

market 3.4.4
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Pl_rPbMSHNQ1ZqM2pURW9UVEU

as soon as i v got time i ll put all the files I have in it

wil

zen200

Oct 5, 2008
We all made good progress with this thread with the market and root.....

But it seems that we are still not any closer to getting basic tutorials for things such as iplayer, youtube etc.

I am having trouble with both the above, to the point that im thinking of selling up and just go back to my old netbook which does everything and much much more. :(

ando44

Apr 21, 2012
ROOT!

Thank you SO much for this. I had all but given up (it failed multiple times) then I thought I had better use the version of Super One Click you had instead of the most up-to-date and hey presto, worked first time!

I had bought this tablet specifically from Maplin because it was in my price range, in a shop just down the road and I had seen your post about rooting it. Looks like I did the right thing, thanks! :)

Gstar32

Apr 14, 2012

But it seems that we are still not any closer to getting basic tutorials for things such as iplayer, youtube etc.

I am having trouble with both the above, to the point that im thinking of selling up and just go back to my old netbook which does everything and much much more. :(

Zen, don't give up on this.....Here's why...

I have managed to get 2 versions of flash player to work with iplayer. It plays recorded and live Tv channels. First, I recommend uninstalling both iplayer & flash player that may be on your pad. Also, go on root explorer to folder system/apps and delete any files relating to flash.

The 2 flash players I got to work were:

Flash Player 10.2.157.51
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/ge.../android/10.2.157.51/install_flash_player.apk

Flash Player 10.3.186.7
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/ge...e/android/10.3.186.7/install_flash_player.apk

I choose 10.3, but both work. Now, go to the Google market and do a new install of iplayer version 1.3, If you don't yet have it, see if 1mobile has it, if not search online.

That's it, both recorded and live should work now. The problem I have though is, I am tethering my pad to my mobile and not getting excellent speeds due to area, so the picture wasn't excellent, but worked .

Hope all this helps......

Also, Zen200, did you not see my previous post about that modded YouTube app, if you did, did you download it. If you had problems getting it, I don't mind uploading it to my rapidshare and posting the link, just ask.

I now have root, Google market, YouTube & iplayer all sorted. What's next to do?

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

ando44

Apr 21, 2012
Thanks for the advice on iPlayer (that was the last thing I had to fix) and also for your fixed YouTube apk which also worked flawlessly. I just updated the installed stock flash player to 10.3 from your links and it worked fine with my already installed iPlayer. Proof this site rocks :) Thanks again!

zen200

Oct 5, 2008

I have managed to get 2 versions of flash player to work with iplayer. It plays recorded and live Tv channels. First, I recommend uninstalling both iplayer & flash player that may be on your pad. Also, go on root explorer to folder system/apps and delete any files relating to flash.

Flash Player 10.2.157.51
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/ge.../android/10.2.157.51/install_flash_player.apk

Flash Player 10.3.186.7
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/ge...e/android/10.3.186.7/install_flash_player.apk

I choose 10.3, but both work. Now, go to the Google market and do a new install of iplayer version 1.3, If you don't yet have it, see if 1mobile has it, if not search online.

That's it, both recorded and live should work now. The problem I have though is, I am tethering my pad to my mobile and not getting excellent speeds due to area, so the picture wasn't excellent, but worked .

Also, Zen200, did you not see my previous post about that modded YouTube app, if you did, did you download it. If you had problems getting it, I don't mind uploading it to my rapidshare and posting the link, just ask.

I now have root, Google market, YouTube & iplayer all sorted. What's next to do?

Thanks Gstar.

Any chance of the YouTube v2.4.4 mod with 720p HD playback file ?

thanks

ando44

Apr 21, 2012
I remember reading somewhere that ICS was delayed until the end of May. I will try and find the news again.

Gstar32

Apr 14, 2012
Mine shows HD in the top right for some videos so I think it might already be working.

Correct ando, it does come up with HD top right sometimes.

As for the ICS update, I got a sneaky feeling they might not release ICS now. They keep saying different dates and after a flurry of emails they have just released the kernel source code. Also, don't forget, the android version we have on it now is not actually certified by Google.

They obviously wanted to target the budget market with this pad, we basically got what we paid for. I wonder if it would of cost them more to get a certified version of android, if so, why would they go to the expense of developing ICS for it as well....

Reactions: zen200

ando44

Apr 21, 2012
I cant find the news about ICS again but I am pretty sure it was reputable enough. I wish I could find it!

I hope it does materialise as I would love ICS on this :)

zen200

Oct 5, 2008
just wanna say thanks for all the help on here.

Gstar.. I have now managed to get youtube working using that info.

Iplayer is working, but its very juddery.

Also I use tvcatchup via web browser, and that is also very juddery.

Just wondering why ??

My 10e is not Rooted and I dont really want to. Just wondering if anyone else is having same judder issues as me.

Youtube seems ok in sd and HD with good wifi.

Cheers

Last edited:

Gstar32

Apr 14, 2012
just wanna say thanks for all the help on here.

Gstar.. I have now managed to get youtube working using that info.

Iplayer is working, but its very juddery.

Also I use tvcatchup via web browser, and that is also very juddery.

Just wondering why ??

My 10e is not Rooted and I dont really want to. Just wondering if anyone else is having same judder issues as me.

Youtube seems ok in sd and HD with good wifi.

Cheers

Hi Zen,

You say your pad not rooted, you should think about doing it. The benefit of doing it is being able to tweak your build prop. Not only that, once rooted, your able adjust your CPU speed. I have set my CPU at min of 1ghz and Max of 1ghz, so it won't drop below that. My pad is fast as anything for now and makes all the difference with regards to video playback.

With regards to tvcatchup, they have different addresses for different devices. I have played about with the addresses and various video players and this is what I found:

Install either Mx video player or Act1 video player.

Mx video player is free of market, it works and doesn't judder, however, the quality of picture is watchable but is pixelated, but
I found changing the size of the picture more watchable if smaller.

Act1 video player was by far the best player I tried. The trial limits you to 2mins (I think). The full version was £1.99. In full picture mode the quality is excellent.

Personally, I would choose Act1, that was the best one.
As for the website addresses, there are two:

www.android.tvcatup.com
www.m.tvcatchup.com

Both work but found the bottom link better. Once logged in, make sure high quality is on, on the top right. Then choose your channel, this should bring up one of the players you have downloaded. That's it, it should be fine.

If you still having problems with juddering, then I don't know what else you can try. If your device is rooted, changing the build prop or something can greatly improve video quality, but that's if you root it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ando44

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    viewpad 10e rooted

well here we are .... after failing at least a dozen time this is how i did

I have done it using laptop WINXP (dunno on win7, I may try again using win7 pro)
    PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF YOU WANT TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE YOU ARE DOING IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DO NOT RECCOMAND IT AT ALL AND THE DESCRIPTION BELOW IS PURELY FOR EDUCATION ONLY!!!! ;) ;) ;) yep

my contact
    Storagepertutti_gmail_com
    links below are for downloading the files used (correct version!!):
    (i have to put some underscores in the links below otherwise could not post them, just remove ALL THE UNDERSCORE)

SuperOneClickv2.3.zip
    _h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8NWc0R1UwRjhSOHFJRW9mSXJYSjg3dw

ScreenShotOf-SuperClick&CMD.gif
    _h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8M0RYNVRHYllUVm1nYXAxeUc5WUJ2Zw

htc_sync_3.0.5617_us.exeShared
    _h_t_t_p_s_:_/_/_docs._google._com/open?id=0BzJAEigNC3a8M01fWGotclhUUWF4ZkxGSlludGxSUQ

VIEWPAD 10e (uk)
    1) Do a full manufacturer reset (you will lose all installed apps, (if you need them run backup) but the external card will be ok don’t worry about, leave it in (setting> privacy setting> factory data reset> careful : leave the erase sd card un-tick and press <full reset>
    2) When restart put the viewpad in usb debugging and stay awake mode (setting>applications>development>usb debugging tick and stay awake tick ), also increase the screen timeout to 30 min.( setting>display>screen timeout>30 sec)
    [Certain settings are only to make visible things]
    3) Meanwhile install htc android sync software on your PC (download link above) NOTE: after few min. through the installation the software will ask if you want to install HTC Sync ... click NO and then click finish.
    4) Restart viewpad with external power connected But do not unlock the screen or get into any programs, wait one min. and then connect it to computer ( you will need usb to usb micro cable) and u ll see the PC installing all drivers for a good couple of min. and the screen of the viewpad will stay light up.
    5) Download adb ( link above superclick ... contains adb which does not need installation .... when unzipped is ready to run ...... just remenber where you unzip it .)
    6) Run cmd and go into adb directory:
    "adbHDDdriverletter:" <enter> ( the letter of the HDD driver partition where the adb directory is followed by a column)
    "cd adb" <enter>, directory where u unzipped adb
    "adb root" <enter>
    "adb shell" <enter>
    "cd /bin" <enter> be careful to the space between cd and the slash
    "ls -l --color=never su" <enter> just copy past eh? (just to clarify it is LS <space>-L<space> -- ....becarufull to spaces.)
    "rm ./su" <enter> careful again to the space before the dot
    7) run superclick 2.3.3 on your PC, press root
    8) when finished (its very fast) close superclick and restart viewpad and redo from point 6 but this time un can unlock the pad screen so you can drag down the top bar and see what’s happening (always leave external power supply on), ALSO AFTER UNLOCKING THE SCREEN I CHOOSED THE STANDARD VIEWING NOT THE VIEWSCENE3D !!!
    When done then goto point 9)

9) on superclick press root shell (careful it will take much longer then root (in the region of a minute, anyway) so better you watch the right hand side panel for when it say “/data/local/tmp/outputEND:79774”
    10) Then press on the viewpad <turn on usb storage> (you will see it if the top bar's lowed down, which you should have it from previous steps anyway)
    11) on the external sd card rename directory ".android_secure" i changed mine to: "TODELETE.android_secure" (i have done this because my market got stuck before, but it is not needed, if market get stuck just restart the pad)
    12) come out from usb storage first using "removing hardware" on your pc and then from the tablet BUT
    if the PC locks the usb mass storage (u cannot remove hardware) then make your PC at sleep and then remove usb cable
    13) try if ur viewpad is really rooted running for example titanium backup or root explorer

WIFI TETHERING
    tethering the pad to connect to ADHOC WIFI (NO TETHERING NEEDED really) from mobile phone running WM6.1 using WMWifiRouter.cab (u have to pay few quids):

using root explorer (IS A MUST) Ver.2.19 at least, modify those FILES:
    1)
    /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf ( then over it <long click><open as><text editor>write the code below above the existing one, then copy the SSID and WAP key from the old code and put it in the second section "network { ssid...... home ssid, then delete the old codes, then <long click><select all><long click> <copy><save and exit>, u will see that root explorer saves the original file as ".bak" and new version as ".conf"

2)( similar to above)
    /etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf (<long click><open as><text editor><long click> <select all> <long click> <PASTE><save and exit>

codes to put in: (DO NOT PUT THE PART AFTER THE // BECoUSE its ONLY TO SEPARATE THE EXPLANATIONS)
    ----------------------------

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi //(interface loc.)
    //eapol_version=2 not needed
    update_config=1 //(how fast wifi refresh)
    ap_scan=2 //(ad hoc connection)

network={
    ssid="your adHOC SSID"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=NONE //(because it is not a WPA encryption)
    wep_key0=1234567890 //(MY PHONE HAS THIS WEP KEY change for yours)
    priority=1 //(first to connect)
    mode=1
    }
    network={
    ssid="your home SSID" //( this is your normal ssid connection
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK //(because my home has WPA encryption)
    psk="very secret passphrase" //(wap key)
    priority=2 // (SECOND to connect)
    mode=1
    }
    network={
    ssid="your EXTRA MORE SSID" //( other ssid)
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="very secret passphrase"
    priority=3 //(third to connect)
    mode=1
    }
    // you can add as many section " network={...} " u need just increase +1 priority

----------------------------------
    More ideas taken from Alessio2 from which I understood how it works MANY THANKS (remenber to remoce the underscores)
    and
    _h_t_t_p_:_/_/_linux.die._net/man/5/wpa_supplicant.conf
    also
    _h_t_t_p_:_/_/_w_w_w_._slatedroid._com/topic/9665-tether-your-android-tablet-with-your-mobile-phone-by-alessio2/

MORE TAKEN FROM :
    _h_t_t_p_:_/_/_w_w_w_.slatedroid._com/topic/25748-firmware-flytouch-superpad-6-vi-v10-cortex-a8-vimicro/page__st__520 (do not remove the underscore of "/page__st__520)

MARKET VERSION works without rooting but must be version 4.3.3
    ... let me know how it goes,
    enjoy

wil
    viewsonic viewpad 10e custom ROM (android 4.0.3)

Here's my custom ROM for Viewpad 10e based on android 4.0.3. Below are the installation instructions and features included. Please read everything carefully before flashing! All this you do on your own risk! This custom is for version 1.1 of the tablet only (original firmware V10E_WW_V2.0_20120730)

FEATURES
    Code:
    [I]-stock logo.bmp and boot animation are replaced;
    -stock wallpapers are replaced;
    -some apps are installed: [B]soft:[/B] Skype, KingSoft Office; Cool Reader, YouTube, Root Explorer, Screen Lock On and Off; [B]games:[/B]Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space;
    -SetupWizard app (first startup app) is disabled. It makes the first startup shorter;
    -init.d scripts are used for better performance;
    -stock keyboard is modified (some languages are added);
    -Root is added;
    -Google Play is added;
    -The device is recognised as Asus EeePad. This opens more apps in Google Play;
    -Flash Player is modified so it is possible to watch videos in any browser without bugs.[/I]

INSTALLATION
    Code:
    [I]1. Download the archive;
    2. Unpack it;
    3. Follow the Viewsonic instructions (you can find pdf file in the folder with the firmware) to flash it[COLOR="Red"][B]The flashing process will be longer (for 20-30 minutes) because some of the image files are bigger than in the original firmware[/B][/COLOR];
    4. Turn on the device after flashing (the first startup will be for 30-40 minutes) and make the tablet work for ten minutes;
    5. Then turn off the tablet;
    6. Press and hold Volume+ and power key until the image appears. The device will go to the recovery mode;
    7. Use volume keys to move to the 'wipe data' option and press power key to choose it;
    8. Move to 'yes' option and choose it. Wiping process will begin;
    9. Move to 'wipe cache partition' option and choose it. Wiping process will begin;
    10. Finally, choose 'reboot now' option. The device will reboot (for 30-40 minutes again). The tablet is ready.
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Please note that wiping is necessary if you don't want any bugs![/B][/COLOR][/I]

USERAPP SCRIPT INSTRUCTIONS
    Code:
    [I]This script made it possible to install apps from the first startup because not all apps will work from system folder.
    [B]If you want to remove some of the apps I have installed then:[/B]
    1. Remove the app as usual;
    2. Open Root Explorer an go to the system\userapp folder;
    3. Tap the R/W button in the right corner and remove the app you need.[/I]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Please note that if you don't remove the app from the userapp folder it installs again after the next reboot![/B][/COLOR]

VOLD.FSTAB INSTRUCTIONS
    Code:
    [I]This file mounts external sd before internal so the external sd card will be recognised as internal
    [B]If you want to do this then:[/B]
    1. Download vold fstab from the link (the link is in the attachments in vold.fstab.txt);
    2. Open Root Explorer, go to system\etc folder, tap on R/W button in the right and replace vold.fstab with the downloaded file;
    3. Reboot the tablet.[/I]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Please note: if you want to restore back to normal, backup vold.fstab file before replacing it![/B][/COLOR]

Download Link: is in the attachments as I don't have enough posts

Flash Player 10.2.157.51

Flash Player 10.3.186.7

If anyone wants it I'll put together a root and google apps (including market) bundle for the 10e.
    viewpad 10e rooted and trimmed

I've deleted the following system bloatwares:

1mobile market
    Amazon kindle
    AndroidGamesApp (wild tangent)
    Ask search
    Briefme
    Czcupdate (apk & odex)
    Dropbox
    Tuneinfree
    Twitter
    UG
    Userguide
    Viewscene

No need to worry at all. Just keep a copy of the apk, and you can put it back any time.

Also made some tweaks to the Build.prop

Running smooth and fast now, more free RAM, no problem so far.:)
    It's so beautiful and value for money!
    Others had given up too early. What a pity!