otterbox commuter case

Search This thread

garcou

Sep 28, 2011
Arlington
Just got this case in the mail, it looks and feels awesome, had the speck case on prior any my phone feels.smaller and more solid with the case on. Two thumbs up! Highly recommended!

webdave

Mar 27, 2011
South Bend
www.digitaljargon.com
Just got this case in the mail, it looks and feels awesome, had the speck case on prior any my phone feels.smaller and more solid with the case on. Two thumbs up! Highly recommended!

Product dimensions and weights as listed by the company are below. The Otterbox is slightly larger and both weigh the same.

Speck Dimensions From http://www.amazon.com/Speck-CandyShell-Samsung-GT-N7000-SGH-i717/dp/B0076R36KQ
Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.4 x 3.3 inches
Weight: 2.4oz

Otterbox Commuter from http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aae...fault/v1335862955851/pdfs/sam4-n7000-info.pdf
DIMENSIONS: 6.06 in x 0.65 in x 3.63 in
Weight: 2.4oz

Last edited:

andrawer

Jun 3, 2011
Looks like a nice quality case...but 2.4 oz? Seems quite heavy...so had to weigh my boxwave which is .95 oz.

anyway, thanks for posting the info on the otterbox.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I'm liking the glossed white one w/kickstand myself. Is the kickstand pretty sturdy? Do you use any charger stands that allow this to slip in fine? Car mount?

I bought the gloss white one; very nice, and the kickstand is sturdy...
I don't have it any sort of dock, since I don't think there is a dock that will hold almost any phone inside its case..If you want to be able to dock your phone, it needs to be case-free..
I Don't use a mount in the car either.

Reactions: kellison007

webdave

Mar 27, 2011
South Bend
www.digitaljargon.com

manfly9884

Sep 15, 2006
Miami

jacksam2010

Aug 2, 2011
You can buy at shopatewe from $24.99 fs. I found this site through slickdeals priced at 34 but the site shows $24.99 with FS.

webdave

Mar 27, 2011
South Bend
www.digitaljargon.com
Got my Otterbox Commuter today. I finally found a case I'm 100% happy with. I've tried the Seidio w/ Kickstand (silicone was lose and the kickstand felt cheap), the Samsung flip cover (didn't like the lack of protection for sides), a few TPU cases (they were ok), and the Speck Candyshell (like everyone said the back starts to scratch immediately).

The Otterbox is slightly larger than the Speck but not really noticeable. Case fits the phone like a glove. Silicone feels much better than the Seidio. S-pen is easily removable. Case feels much more protective than the TPU cases I tried. Hard plastic makes it easily removable from my pocket without the easily scratch-able plastic the Speck case had. So far I have not found a downside to the case. If you have used a Commuter case in the past you know what you are getting.

In addition for those that were wondering the Commuter comes with 2 screen protectors, 1 for the International version and 1 for the AT&T version. However, I can't comment on quality since my Boxwave Crystal is working fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have it any sort of dock, since I don't think there is a dock that will hold almost any phone inside its case..If you want to be able to dock your phone, it needs to be case-free..

This Seidio dock is compatible with the Active case:

http://www.seidioonline.com/innodock-p/crjhnx1-bkc.htm
    I'm liking the glossed white one w/kickstand myself. Is the kickstand pretty sturdy? Do you use any charger stands that allow this to slip in fine? Car mount?