[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
No. I tried searching for touch screen calibration problems, but nobody described the problem I'm having. (In fact, when I search the forum for "manual touch screen calibration" now, the post you made just a moment ago is the ONLY result.)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1171070

Read the first post thoroughly. This build/ROM/whatever this is assumes you already know how FRX works and how it's setup.

It's the ROM on page 1 I just downloaded today. The software itself says kernel version 2.6.27.46. I may have logs, but I'll have to look up how to extract them. I read the FAQs for the various "Android on Fuze" sites and the only thing regarding wifi is "It works." Nothing about a 'wifi-nvram' trick... (Again, searching for that phrase returns your above post...)

That's .27.

Please read the FAQ - http://xdandroid.com/wiki/FAQ

As for horsepower, I know this device isn't exactly the "powerhouse" it once was, but if I can use it for instant messaging or what have you, I'll be happy.

Should work fine for messaging. Wifi calling - doubtful.

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
RAPH100

Don't know if anyones noticed, but when the phone charges it never goes to "sleep". The backlight remains on.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
RAPH100

Don't know if anyones noticed, but when the phone charges it never goes to "sleep". The backlight remains on.

It's not possible for the phone to sleep when plugged in. However, the backlight probably should be turned off...

I don't think there's a single kernel dev working on RAPH patches, so the likelihood of it getting fixed is slim-to-none. Sorry.

Reactions: bortak

bortak

Sep 28, 2010
London
It's not possible for the phone to sleep when plugged in. However, the backlight probably should be turned off...

I don't think there's a single kernel dev working on RAPH patches, so the likelihood of it getting fixed is slim-to-none. Sorry.

It's alright, thanks for all the hard work anyway... this is what.. years of work isn't it? And I'm only really using this phone atm cos I smashed my Desire :p

Upgrade in a week, soooo SGS III here I come :D

J

jianC

Diam has 192 megs of ram (I'm not sure how much is free for system to use), which is the same as HTC G1/mytouch3g 32b (which has 112 mb free with a radio hack kernel)..

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Diam has 192 megs of ram (I'm not sure how much is free for system to use), which is the same as HTC G1/mytouch3g 32b (which has 112 mb free with a radio hack kernel)..

Yea, but that's a native device. The DIAM is far from native Android.

Plus, 192mb is the raw amount. RHOD has 288mb, but only like 170 available to Android... 64mb is SPL, some amount is video - I want say 13mb. No clue where the rest goes, and my numbers might be off.

Either way, most of the developers have RHOD's. So that device gets the most attention... Not many devs had DIAM's or RAPH's - if they did, they either didn't stick with the project or abandoned the older device. C'est la vie...

J

jianC

yeah that's true.. then i might fix up a rhod i have lying around to check it out, very exciting development over there with the 3.0 kernels and such :)

BTW, I saw your post @ npk from a while ago:
arrrghhh said:
Good news guys! WisTilt2 has potentially located the panel type of the RAPH, and he is working with stinebd on his RAPH110 to figure out proper collapse/reinit of the panel. Exciting!

Was there any more news for it? I dug up some old irc logs but didn't see any progress, maybe i was looking at the wrong place lol

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Was there any more news for it? I dug up some old irc logs but didn't see any progress, maybe i was looking at the wrong place lol

They figured out how to power down the panel, but they were never able to power it back up. So... it was unfortunately never really finished/implemented, as a panel that powers down but never powers back up is pretty useless....

ugabuga

Jul 19, 2008
Hi guys just installed this and great work so far. Few questions:

- Anyone have any luck connecting a BT headset? I was able to connect mine but then it quickly lost connection so I can't test to see if it works for calls. I tried to re-pair but then the phone rebooted.

- I tried the wifi hotspot built in but my Acer A100 (ICS) could not connect to it. Now for some reason it won't even see the network which is odd. I'll have to try another device to narrow down the issue.

- I see a lot of talk of newer kernals - can someone point me to a link.

- Can't seem to get a gps lock with google maps/nav...

Thx in advance guys

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
- Anyone have any luck connecting a BT headset? I was able to connect mine but then it quickly lost connection so I can't test to see if it works for calls. I tried to re-pair but then the phone rebooted.

BT seems hit-or-miss. Try another headset.

Also, does the headset work in WinMo?

Do you have any logs?

- I tried the wifi hotspot built in but my Acer A100 (ICS) could not connect to it. Now for some reason it won't even see the network which is odd. I'll have to try another device to narrow down the issue.

Not sure how well this works on the RAPH. Works pretty well on my RHOD, but they're very different devices despite appearing so similar on paper.

- I see a lot of talk of newer kernals - can someone point me to a link.

Sorry mate, they only work on Rhodium's. No RAPH/DIAM/BLAC/TOPA on the newer kernels. I think .35 might work, but there hasn't been updates to that kernel in ages.

- Can't seem to get a gps lock with google maps/nav...

Did this work before? Are you on the newest from everything in the first post? Please post logs!!

Reactions: ZeRoX93
J

jianC

Use the attached ts-calibration if anyone is having any issues..

I had issues with calibration not showing correctly (couldn't see the points) when I installed this rom..

Attachments

• ts-calibration.zip
    164 bytes · Views: 51

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Use the attached ts-calibration if anyone is having any issues..

I had issues with calibration not showing correctly (couldn't see the points) when I installed this rom..

Just like FRX, you have to revert to an old kernel to build a valid ts-calibration file (or you won't be able to see the calib points)

Once you have one built, hang on to it and make several copies. You can re-use it again and again.

Hobbyschrauber

Sep 21, 2007
My Raph100 boots up to simcard unlock screen, after 2 numbers it reboots to Winmo.

Used csv files from here snd my calibration file from froyo 7.1

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
My Raph100 boots up to simcard unlock screen, after 2 numbers it reboots to Winmo.

Used csv files from here snd my calibration file from froyo 7.1

After 2 numbers?

You shouldn't have any SIM lock codes on your SIM card. Remove 'em.

Perhaps try to grab the CSV's from your own ROM. Just to ensure...

Lastly, have you tried without the SIM card inserted at all? Just trying to rule that out.

Oh, and of course - other than the CSV's and the calib file, you're using EVERYTHING from the first post? Haven't swapped out anything/reused anything/etc?

djughed

Sep 14, 2010
GBX0C_Full_Bundle_2012.04.24 working perfect with lighting launcher 3

hey guys

been following this forum for a while now. loving this android on my htc!!

ive only ever had 2 problems on my device - raph100
- battery dies too fast
- wireless crashes android

i installed lightning launcher 3 on the handheld and ive squeezed 5 hours of usage on a charged battery. apps working perfectly. played games like nfs undercover which is pretty epic.

but overall i can actually use this phone day to day now on android (its good for me as i have a blackberry which has the same amount of battery life). it is stilll buggy-ish but nothing that will kill you!:D :highfive:
:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Reactions: ZeRoX93

ZeRoX93

Feb 7, 2010
Hey guys...I yesterday installed android GBX0C and I don't know how, but when I turn off the display it goes completely black like in WM... ist that normally or did my display turn off like it should do in android?

Because when I had Froyo installed when I turn the display off you could see that the display wasn't off, you could see light coming from it...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hey guys...I yesterday installed android GBX0C and I don't know how, but when I turn off the display it goes completely black like in WM... ist that normally or did my display turn off like it should do in android?

Because when I had Froyo installed when I turn the display off you could see that the display wasn't off, you could see light coming from it...

That sounds like an improvement, no? I'm not sure what you're expecting, you want you screen to always be on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from a RAPH100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I can also confirm the gsensor problem. Seems GB needs different values! I'll look into it.
    Missing Apps from the Market... (Raph800, etc...)

I believe I addressed this on the first page, but for those of you using the Raph800, not seeing google maps in the market, changing the DPI back to 240 in startup.txt has resolved the problem. After you've downloaded your apps, simply restart with it changed back to 210 :D It fixes the incompatible issue as well.

Now, any luck on the sound fix? I found using the kernels, roofts, and zimage from the GBX0B build with Froyo 7.1 disables the sound their as well. For me, I could hear the person on the other line, they could not however hear me. Ringer and alerts worked fine.
    I do VGA Htc Calibrate. :)

Its possible to edit build that boot without ts-calibration on sdcard?

Yes, I don't see why not. I assume the app can just write the values directly to ts-calib inside the system? I think it's in /data, but I need to look.