[Q] Kik messenger background image

Search This thread

alwaysalicia

Jan 14, 2012
I have been trying to find the code for setting a kik messenger background image. I have tried editing the apk file however that does not work, as the background is set to a solid color. Even when putting in the code to add an image it does not work, the application just force closes or the picture never loads.

Can any one, or has anyone successfully added an image background to kik messenger chats?

Please assist if you can, I have been searching for a way to do this forever!

Olycius

Dec 17, 2013
I have been trying to find the code for setting a kik messenger background image. I have tried editing the apk file however that does not work, as the background is set to a solid color. Even when putting in the code to add an image it does not work, the application just force closes or the picture never loads.

Can any one, or has anyone successfully added an image background to kik messenger chats?

Please assist if you can, I have been searching for a way to do this forever!
The only way I have been able to change the backround is having a custom theme with the picutre you want for the kik app. I know that the cm blacked out theme turns the backround black as well. You could try making your own theme and applying the picture you'd like in the theme so it would be applied in kik, but to do that you need a rom that supports custom themes. Hope this helps!

alwaysalicia

Jan 14, 2012
Kik Background

The only way I have been able to change the backround is having a custom theme with the picutre you want for the kik app. I know that the cm blacked out theme turns the backround black as well. You could try making your own theme and applying the picture you'd like in the theme so it would be applied in kik, but to do that you need a rom that supports custom themes. Hope this helps!

Thanks Olycius! Maybe that is why it wasn't working for me... I will look for some themeable roms for my Galaxy II. I wish someone could edit the apk successfully.

Could you load a screenshot of your kik displaying an image as the background in the chat? I would like to see an example if possible..

MrStee97

Account currently disabled
Jun 27, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Razer Phone 2
Themed Kik W/Image Background

Thanks Olycius! Maybe that is why it wasn't working for me... I will look for some themeable roms for my Galaxy II. I wish someone could edit the apk successfully.

Could you load a screenshot of your kik displaying an image as the background in the chat? I would like to see an example if possible..

I just saw this post, and decided although it may be a bit late, id comment anyway. a few of the recent "SpecialModded" kiks have backgrounds, although they are a bit older than what body care to use. if you can ignore this, then you have a themable kik with an image background, as long as you know what youre doing. for more info or access to this, pm me on kik @ XDAHelper.

nathanhelp

Sep 12, 2014
Weaverville
I take no credit for these themes but go to laveyan.CO/pikek
Some of the themes have inappropriate content just forwarning you
And I haven't found a dark version without a bug so stick to the light. Hope this helps
~Nathan