[Q] New Xperia Z stuttering issue

Search This thread

kristianity1977

Mar 13, 2013
Hey all

Ive had my XZ now for a few days and i'm over the moon with it. I was worried reading reviews and opinions on the screen etc but I really think its great. I have one small issue with it that I just wanted to know if it was normal, or if indeed I might have an issue somewhere.

Now, I've never used this project butter android before, but flicking between menus gives quite frequent "jumps" in the animation as soon on older android operating systems. Also, if I play any games, even basic 2D ones, I still get the hiccups in the frame rates. IE ill get a couple of seconds of it being totally smooth, and then a hiccup where it jumps a few frames. Its not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

Now, if I put the phone into airplane mode, then everything runs absolutely smooth, no hiccups in the UI, and games run absolutely flawlessly.

Is this normal, or should it still run totally smooth regardless of settings?

when not in Airplane mode, i checked with WIFI on and off, Mobile data On and off also. Bluetooth is always off, and so is NFC. The issue only seems to resolve itself in Airplane mode.

Can anyone help with this issue, or is it normal for this phone?

Thanks in advance :good:

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
everything should run smooth

do you run those games from older Sd card (class 2 or 4)

maybe you should do factory reset and check if everything works like it should or repair via SEUS (sony update service)

Retxud

Mar 10, 2013
Did you do a fresh install of the apps or did you restore them from a previous phone using titanium?

kristianity77

Oct 13, 2011
There is currently no SD card installed so everything is coming off the interal memory.

I havent done a reset or anything as I didnt think of that seeing as it was new out the box and only a few days old.

All the apps that I had previously or had bought I just redownloaded from Google Play.

xiaopai89

Mar 8, 2013
Hey all

Ive had my XZ now for a few days and i'm over the moon with it. I was worried reading reviews and opinions on the screen etc but I really think its great. I have one small issue with it that I just wanted to know if it was normal, or if indeed I might have an issue somewhere.

Now, I've never used this project butter android before, but flicking between menus gives quite frequent "jumps" in the animation as soon on older android operating systems. Also, if I play any games, even basic 2D ones, I still get the hiccups in the frame rates. IE ill get a couple of seconds of it being totally smooth, and then a hiccup where it jumps a few frames. Its not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

Now, if I put the phone into airplane mode, then everything runs absolutely smooth, no hiccups in the UI, and games run absolutely flawlessly.

Is this normal, or should it still run totally smooth regardless of settings?

when not in Airplane mode, i checked with WIFI on and off, Mobile data On and off also. Bluetooth is always off, and so is NFC. The issue only seems to resolve itself in Airplane mode.

Can anyone help with this issue, or is it normal for this phone?

Thanks in advance :good:

Yeah, me too. I was playing Temple Run OZ and the phone get really warm and it began to show frames and lag

kristianity77

Oct 13, 2011
Well in the end, to get around the "oh so not smooth" Sony UI, i went with a different launcher called Apex. Now its running as expected. I hope the impending update to 4.2 solves these issues as its a bit rubbish to have lags and skips on a phone this powerful. But I might just keep with the alternate launcher anyway

X

x102x96x

Well in the end, to get around the "oh so not smooth" Sony UI, i went with a different launcher called Apex. Now its running as expected. I hope the impending update to 4.2 solves these issues as its a bit rubbish to have lags and skips on a phone this powerful. But I might just keep with the alternate launcher anyway

it happens for all phone
little bit lagy UI
don't worry about sony UI
i saw this problem in all android phones from htc, samsung & sony ;)
it should be fixed but even ur PC have little bit lag when using it alot