[q] uninstall cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

ssach30

Jan 2, 2014
HOW DO I UNINSTALL CYANOGENMOD FROM MY SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND AND BRING BACK MY STOCK VERSION 4.4.2

PLZZZ HELP ME :eek::eek::eek:

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
HOW DO I UNINSTALL CYANOGENMOD FROM MY SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND AND BRING BACK MY STOCK VERSION 4.4.2

Ok first of all, there is no "Stock version 4.4.2".
You can revert back to stock 4.2.2 by either flashing your 4.2.2 firmware through Odin or by flashing a stock based ROM through recovery.

Reactions: ssach30

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai

1st thing..
cyanogenmod is not a theme..its a rom..it means its whole system..when you flash it.....u remove every single samsung stock touchwiz system files and replace with cyanogenmod(aosp based rom) files....so its not an app that u uninstall after u get bored and u ll get samsung stock touchwiz....
secondly........galaxy grand has been provided 4.2.2 only till date via samsung official roms....so it uses jellybean 4.2.2 drivers and files and everything.....while on other hand, cm11 uses kitkat files and everything in system.....what i want to say is that there is nooo stock samsung 4.4.2 (kitkat)...there is only jellybean available till now by samsung official.........now if u don't want kitkat(cm11/carbon/slimkat),and u want stock Samsung, then simply flash its firmware via odin...i can give u link to download whole firmware of 4.2.2.....if u want......

but if u want latest kitkat Lib's and everything with game bugs fixes...i suggest u stay with cm11...(though. u ll have only one sim in cm based roms, and normal nexus things and features)......
if u thinking cm11 is theme or something then u are wrong...
when u flashed it,u deleted touchwiz Samsung stock things completely and installed cm11 things instead of that)....u can ask any qsn u want to..i ll help..though u should Google first to know what is flashing and how to flash via odin for stock OEMs ..
u can ask still anything if u want...

hope i helped :)

Reactions: sukhith and ssach30

ssach30

Jan 2, 2014
Thanks a lot for that knowledge and plz give me the links for the stock firmware........thanks a lot it really helped...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks a lot for that knowledge and plz give me the links for the stock firmware........thanks a lot it really helped...

Firmwares can be found here : http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9082
And here : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9082
And there are a few threads in General Section made by other member for few recent as well as older INU/INS firmwares

The latest 4.2.2 for our device released in November 2013 are I9082XXUBMK3 and I9082XXUBMK7 but you may want to look for your region specific firmware

ssach30

Jan 2, 2014
I have one more question can you please explain me that what is terminal emulator and his can I operate it??

ssach30

Jan 2, 2014
Which commonds??can you please explain in brief?

ssach30

Jan 2, 2014
As I have no idea about these commands.......

black87

Aug 17, 2013
It's up to you :D
Which commonds??can you please explain in brief?

yea like:

su - For obtain root in Terminal
reboot recovery - reboot to recovery
reboot - reboot device
reboot bootloader - reboot to bootloader - I didnt try it ( dont blame me if you try this and anything goes wrong)

And many more ( i dont know much about linux or android,sorry)
if you want to try these command, ignore the "- blah blah blah" just type the command,
ex:
su
reboot recovery

Hope i helped

ssach30

Jan 2, 2014
hey! I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE STOCK FIRMWARE OF MY SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS V4.2.2.....NOW, DO I HAVE TO FLASH IT VIA ODIN AFTER GOING TO DOWNLOAD MODE IN MY PHONE OR I HAVE TO GO TO CWM RECOVERY MODE AND THEN FLASH IT AFTER THE FACTORY DATA RESET???

PLZZZZZ HELP ME "ASAP"

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
hey! I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE STOCK FIRMWARE OF MY SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS V4.2.2.....NOW, DO I HAVE TO FLASH IT VIA ODIN AFTER GOING TO DOWNLOAD MODE IN MY PHONE OR I HAVE TO GO TO CWM RECOVERY MODE AND THEN FLASH IT AFTER THE FACTORY DATA RESET???

PLZZZZZ HELP ME "ASAP"

You should write this-
Hey...i am a guy who dont like to search any forums and asking the same qsn asked 100times... -_-.. When u flash things from Odin..it will itself delete the data (factory reset you call it)...just follow this thread i posted (its said everywhere..so pls dont make new threads...read my whole thread... )..its not complete by date...but Odin and all things are descriptively given...just do it...
Dont ask that data wipe ahud be b4 or after! Just do experiments...
All the new guys..pls try to search first basuc forums where u can find how to use and how to do...(odin..flashing and all)..its pretty easy on google to search ! Sorry if rude..hope i helped
..thread you need to read- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616816
Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: skpadhi79

diku07

Dec 8, 2013
Which firmware to download for INDIA.... INS or INU

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Can anyone tell me what to download

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
You should write this-
Hey...i am a guy who dont like to search any forums and asking the same qsn asked 100times... -_-.. When u flash things from Odin..it will itself delete the data (factory reset you call it)...just follow this thread i posted (its said everywhere..so pls dont make new threads...read my whole thread... )..its not complete by date...but Odin and all things are descriptively given...just do it...
Dont ask that data wipe ahud be b4 or after! Just do experiments...
All the new guys..pls try to search first basuc forums where u can find how to use and how to do...(odin..flashing and all)..its pretty easy on google to search ! Sorry if rude..hope i helped
..thread you need to read- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616816

Dude from now on just don't rewrite the same answer again and again... It's tiresome. Just provide a link to your all-in-one thread. Let them figure it out themselves. :)

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Dude from now on just don't rewrite the same answer again and again... It's tiresome. Just provide a link to your all-in-one thread. Let them figure it out themselves. :)

Thanks for reply mate..even sometimes we make thread..ppl don't search/find it...because they dont read all sections..
(PS- i did read every single thread on this grand forum ever posted...:p gone in older pages and searched every forum )...that doesnt mean i want other guys to so same..but at least care to search and read recent posts before posting would be quite descent!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Firmwares can be found here : http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9082
    And here : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9082
    And there are a few threads in General Section made by other member for few recent as well as older INU/INS firmwares

The latest 4.2.2 for our device released in November 2013 are I9082XXUBMK3 and I9082XXUBMK7 but you may want to look for your region specific firmware

1st thing..
    cyanogenmod is not a theme..its a rom..it means its whole system..when you flash it.....u remove every single samsung stock touchwiz system files and replace with cyanogenmod(aosp based rom) files....so its not an app that u uninstall after u get bored and u ll get samsung stock touchwiz....
    secondly........galaxy grand has been provided 4.2.2 only till date via samsung official roms....so it uses jellybean 4.2.2 drivers and files and everything.....while on other hand, cm11 uses kitkat files and everything in system.....what i want to say is that there is nooo stock samsung 4.4.2 (kitkat)...there is only jellybean available till now by samsung official.........now if u don't want kitkat(cm11/carbon/slimkat),and u want stock Samsung, then simply flash its firmware via odin...i can give u link to download whole firmware of 4.2.2.....if u want......

but if u want latest kitkat Lib's and everything with game bugs fixes...i suggest u stay with cm11...(though. u ll have only one sim in cm based roms, and normal nexus things and features)......
    if u thinking cm11 is theme or something then u are wrong...
    when u flashed it,u deleted touchwiz Samsung stock things completely and installed cm11 things instead of that)....u can ask any qsn u want to..i ll help..though u should Google first to know what is flashing and how to flash via odin for stock OEMs ..
    u can ask still anything if u want...

hope i helped :)

Ok first of all, there is no "Stock version 4.4.2".
    You can revert back to stock 4.2.2 by either flashing your 4.2.2 firmware through Odin or by flashing a stock based ROM through recovery.
    Thanks a lot :thumbup:;)

Press their thanks button too :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I have one more question can you please explain me that what is terminal emulator and his can I operate it??

Terminal Emulator in tool to run linux commands in android, Just like Terminal in Linux:D