[Q] 4.4.2 FXP and now weird blue screen flicker

Search This thread

braneed

Dec 12, 2009
I recently flashed the 4.4.2 OTA onto my phone, then downgraded to JB to flash Carbon but was not pleased so I reformatted the phone, put 4.4.3 back and then restored a nandroid from before I downgraded.
Now, when I unlock the phone, the screen flashes blue, not just parts of it, the whole thing, almost like the display is going bad. If i open a game, it stops and wont do it again until i relock the screen.
Just curious of anyone else has had this happen.

Last edited:

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
I recently flashed the 4.4.3 OTA onto my phone, then downgraded to JB to flash Carbon but was not pleased so I reformatted the phone, put 4.4.3 back and then restored a nandroid from before I downgraded.
Now, when I unlock the phone, the screen flashes blue, not just parts of it, the whole thing, almost like the display is going bad. If i open a game, it stops and wont do it again until i relock the screen.

I apologize for not being able to help you with your issue, but where did you get a 4.4.3 file for the RAZR HD?

dunroven

Jun 19, 2006
Miami
I apologize for not being able to help you with your issue, but where did you get a 4.4.3 file for the RAZR HD?

I have the same issue after OTA to 4.4.2. Usually happens to me when in YouTube or MX Player.
I see others with the same issue over in the Motorola forums.
Looking forward to hearing from others who have had this issue and found a solution.

Last edited:

dunroven

Jun 19, 2006
Miami
I recently flashed the 4.4.2 OTA onto my phone, then downgraded to JB to flash Carbon but was not pleased so I reformatted the phone, put 4.4.3 back and then restored a nandroid from before I downgraded.
I have the same issue after OTA to 4.4.2. Usually happens to me when in YouTube or MX Player.
I see others with the same issue over in the Motorola forums.
Looking forward to hearing from others who have had this issue and found a solution

Balls Hurricane

May 22, 2014

I also have had this problem with my droid razr maxx HD. I also have 4.4.2 and haven't flashed anything to it, but it is unlocked and rooted. It usually happens to me when im in portrait on the twitch.tv app. it stops after a bit, but I have no idea what is happening. it also stops if I go to landscape mode.

dunroven

Jun 19, 2006
Miami
Now that I see others affected I should probably expand on my original post above.

Initially I took the 4.2.2 OTA update with an unlocked bootloader. After the update, phone stuck in splash screen with the "Locked Bootloader" message.

I then rebooted into recovery and re-installed the 4.4.2 AOSP using RSD.

I too see the blue flash most frequently while watching video and occasionally while in Touchdown exchange.

Balls Hurricane

May 22, 2014
Now that I see others affected I should probably expand on my original post above.

Initially I took the 4.2.2 OTA update with an unlocked bootloader. After the update, phone stuck in splash screen with the "Locked Bootloader" message.

I then rebooted into recovery and re-installed the 4.4.2 AOSP using RSD.

I too see the blue flash most frequently while watching video and occasionally while in Touchdown exchange.

I was completely stock jellybean when I took the OTA, not rooted or unlocked or anything. I only recently unlocked and rooted mine. I'm pretty sure I had the problem before I did all that.