[Resolved] How to get rid of μ virus on your SD card

Search This thread

OS Mat

Oct 14, 2013
So I wanted to use my camera and when I captured the photo, a pop up toast notification said that the device can't save it to SD card, and the location will be changed to storage instead of SD.
When I try to delete a photo on SD or move it it says error and some photos will be deleted.

So what you need to do is to connect the device to your computer and copy all the files you need to your computer, after that you have to format the SD card, put your files back. But sometimes if you didn't discover it immediately, you can't copy anything....
So don't forget to backup your SD files around every week or so, just to be in the safe side...

This is the only way to save your SD and files, if anyone have a better solution, feel free to reply to me and let me know :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1400922030159.jpg
    1400922030159.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 815

rish.goel

Jul 28, 2014
HELP PLZ...anyone

hi
i got the same virus about one month ago and i successfully manages it by formattinf my sd card...
i also reset my phone (SAMSUNG GALAXY S3) so that theres no risk left of infection again

then after few days (about 20 days) i saw that virus again in my sd card and i did the same.

SO NOW I HAVE FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS VIRUS :-

FIrst of all :- Can this virus can transferred to my pc and can infect it also.

I have not heard of this virus infecting pc's till now.

2. From where do this virus came from (most probably)
I mostly take a lot of care while downloading from internet and avoid unlknown sources.

3. can this virus can again infect my phone . My most pics were corrupted the first time it hit me.

4. I am pretty sure that the second time that virus didnt came from internet. And i factory reset my phone and completely formatted my sd card , so theres no way that virus came from my phone memmory when second time it hit me. SO ITS KINDA MYSTERY HOW THAT VIRUS CAME INTO MY SD CARD SECOND TIME.

PLZ ANYONE CAN SOLVE THIS OR GIVE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION... IT WOULD BE REALLY APPERECIABLE THANKYOU :)