Looks like we can merge with the Desire Hd forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
With source dropping for the dhd and how easy interoperability between our phones is do we need 2 different forums? Seems it would be easier on you guys if things merged.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
I suggest we work with the mods on this. I'll report my own thread to get some eyes on it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
I agree with this. There's a lot of threads I've seen today that are directing you to the DHD forum for further information/troubleshooting - why not make them the same rather than having to post everything twice, or making devs/users have to jump back and forth?

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
I have to disagree. I prefer the forums seperate.

I could care less what the people in Europe are doing with their Desire HDs. The Inspire is a US phone on AT&T. It has a seperate identity.

Keep in mind even though they are pretty much the same phone, they run on different networks, have different radio software, and are supported by different cell providers. People's experiences will be different than their European counterparts.

Please keep them seperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob413 and Masacrk

Masacrk

Jan 21, 2008
Indy
if the dev part is merged to make it better for them is one thing, but you still need att specific sub forum for all the posts that are att specific.

The Dev secton right now is NOT the biggest part of this device forum, all the att specific issues are...

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
if the dev part is merged to make it better for them is one thing, but you still need att specific sub forum for all the posts that are att specific.

The Dev secton right now is NOT the biggest part of this device forum, all the att specific issues are...

A European ROM flashed with the kernel just released by apache14 works out of the box with no further user tweaking.

I have a feeling that all the rom chefs of Europe will be building their own kernels based on the source that dropped yesterday which is universal, and includes the variations to the American and Canadian DHDs.
I agree that a sub forum may be needed in General but not Dev.

bkeaver

yeah I'm not seeing anything that makes this device any different from the DHD device. The DHD forum isn't limited to 1 single carrier so i'm still not seeing your point of keeping it separate...

worst case scenario look at how the Motorola Milestone and Verizon Drioid forum is laid out.. maybe something similar

and besides the DEV section will start becoming the biggest part of our forums now that ROMS and Kernels are out

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
Also keep in mind that there are a lot of people who like me have no intention of rooting or modding their phone. So the DEV section is useless to people like me.

I used to jailbreak my iPhone for years, but got bored doing it. The only reason I flashed a custom ROM on my Captivate was cause you had to, being that the stock 2.1 was terrible.

Currently outside of the fact that the back speaker is terrible on the Inspire, I am completely happy the way the phone is. I don't feel I need to flash custom ROMs to get a phone to work the way it should. The Inspire currently works just dandy.

So don't assume everyone is into modding.

bkeaver

there is always the search function. That always helps. Besides where as I know that not ALL people root and load custom roms there are a good portion that do and since that is what the majority do on XDA (D=Developers) then I don't know how relevant your argument is on that one.

did you look at the motorola forum I previously mentioned to you?

laxwillsch

Sep 24, 2010
Also keep in mind that there are a lot of people who like me have no intention of rooting or modding their phone. So the DEV section is useless to people like me.

I used to jailbreak my iPhone for years, but got bored doing it. The only reason I flashed a custom ROM on my Captivate was cause you had to, being that the stock 2.1 was terrible.

Currently outside of the fact that the back speaker is terrible on the Inspire, I am completely happy the way the phone is. I don't feel I need to flash custom ROMs to get a phone to work the way it should. The Inspire currently works just dandy.

So don't assume everyone is into modding.

Why are you using this forum then? No offense but if I wasn't in to modding my device I would use another less development oriented one like androidforum or something. Most people on xda DEVELOPERS are into development. But I am with you on keeping the dhd and inspire forums separate or at least the dev sections and my only logic on that is because of the sound issues but if the source being released fixes this than I guess there's no point. As far as general I could care less.......

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Last edited:

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
Why are you using this forum then? No offense but if I wasn't in to modding my device I would use another less development oriented one like androidforum or something. Most people on xda DEVELOPERS are into development. But I am with you on keeping the dhd and inspire forums separate or at least the dev sections and my only logic on that is because of the sound issues but if the source being released fixes this than I guess there's no point. As far as general I could care less.......

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Although I am not really into custom ROMs, I still think this is a great forum to hang out. Plus I think you get a more mature crowd on here who are a bit more techie oriented.

I also read on Androidforums.com and like how they have a separate section for every phone. I think it works, but then again on there I don't think you get the same kind of conversations as you get on here.

As far as what Gunny said, I don't really see a lot of DesireHD stuff in the general section of the Inspire forum. I am sure you do in the DEV section, but so far almost all the threads I see in here are all about the Inspire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have to disagree. I prefer the forums seperate.

I could care less what the people in Europe are doing with their Desire HDs. The Inspire is a US phone on AT&T. It has a seperate identity.

Keep in mind even though they are pretty much the same phone, they run on different networks, have different radio software, and are supported by different cell providers. People's experiences will be different than their European counterparts.

Please keep them seperate.
    After discussing this with other mods we have concluded that at this momment we will not merge this forum with the Desire HD .

It's too soon right now to do this and we will keep analyzing this possibility focusing more in the forum's development behaviour now the phone is available.

Thanks,

Mr. Clown
    XDA Moderation Team
    A European ROM flashed with the kernel just released by apache14 works out of the box with no further user tweaking.

I have a feeling that all the rom chefs of Europe will be building their own kernels based on the source that dropped yesterday which is universal, and includes the variations to the American and Canadian DHDs.
    I agree that a sub forum may be needed in General but not Dev.

If you are going to quote me speak about the post don't use me to boost you post count while you spam in every thread here.

I could care less about the euro stuff, am not gonna flash everything posted just to comment about it.

The post counts are highest for rooting and att specific issues. This phone cannot be rooted like the DHD so there is a difference. And the largest section is ATT specific.
    i have a question can i use LauncherPro on the DHD?

wrong thread... but yes...
    no

wanna vote no on this one.. keep em separate.. i have an inspire 4g and never ever go to the inspire forum.. i prefer the desire hd roms, radios, etc.. all work perfectly for my inspire..

my issue with the inspire forum is that most of the roms are at least one release behind the desire hd forum.. some of the inspire 4g stuff is just regenerated htc sense that i hate... i prefer asop and miui roms.. they seem to be (from reading the forums) more at home on the desire hd area.. this greatly cuts alot of inspire crap i dont even want out of the way..

no offense to the inspire 4g forum users and sense fans.. but its not for me.. i like the dhd but i live in usa and have a att plan.. inspire was a given for me.. upgrading to an atrix next month so.. honestly i guess my opinon dont even matter.. lol.

edit.. shouldnt skim the posts to find last one.. didnt realize its been settled.. my bad.. sorry..