[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI] TalonMTD 0.0.3[OC/UV][Voodoo Color and Sound]

Search This thread

ytt3r

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2010
GA
Hello Vibrant folk, happy hump day! This is TalonMTD, for CM7 and MIUI (and potentially other MTD based ROMs). This kernel has nearly all of the features of TalonDEV--and more coming sooner than later. IMPORTANT: be'st thou careful, here there be monsters--THIS KERNEL IS UNTESTED ON THE VIBRANT! No one in our dev channel has one. If you're good with this stuff, let me know and I'll hook you up with test builds. Lets get into the good stuff!

Code:
Features
[LIST]
[*]Overclock up to 1440MHz/Undervolt for all frequencies (having only 5 frequencies undervolted seems most stable)
[*]Nexus S Framebuffer
[*]Voodoo Color v2 (No yellow tint!)
[*]Voodoo Sound v10
[*]Based on Linux kernel 2.6.35.13
[*]GPU overclock
[*]GPU Tweaks
[*]Bonus Governors: InteractiveX, Smartass, Conservative governor compiled as a module (not enableable yet)
[*]Bonus Schedulers: SIO, V(R), BFQ2r1, CFQ with tweaks
[*]Undervolted ADC and RAM
[*]Disabled Userspace governor
[*]Kangsterizer’s LED notifications
[*]Asynchronous I/O support
[*]Logcat compiled as a module, must be enabled via ‘logcat-on’
[*]Lowmemorykiller tweaks by kodos96
[*]Jhash3
[*]RAM tweaks
[*]Readahead tweaks
[*]Kernel HZ set at 250
[*]Disabled kernel printk for less overhead
[*]KTLO (Keep the Lights On)
[*]Samsung ARM fix
[*]16.25 lbs. of ext4 fixes
[/LIST]

Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your Vibrant
 * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
 * research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

You can download it here...

0.0.3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9426310/TalonVibrant-0.0.3.zip
Source code: http://existz.darkirc.info/git/?p=kernel/talonmtd.git

Join us on freenode, channel #suckerpunch for support.

Many thanks to my co-devs eXistZ, kodos96, and zacharias.maladroit/zachy_md. (original Talon thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050206)

Huge thanks to
  • Supercurio
  • Teamhacksung
  • morfic
  • netarchy
  • TheEscapist
  • TK-Glitch
  • kangsterizer

And a great big final thanks to my testers, the great folks who put up with me breaking stuff and putting up a new build every 5 minutes, the guys who pushed me to greater heights to get stuff done:
  • Shoman94
  • Vivified (the great motivator)
  • Thegodsquirrel
  • Abee_13
  • lownox
Wanna say thanks? Buy me a root beer, and/or hit thanks.

Just so everyone knows, I also own an iPhone.

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA
0.0.3 (Maintenance Upgrade)

• Improved USB signal quality
  • OndemandX governor (offers sleep power consumption improvements over ondemand, not ready for the big time yet. Seems to cause 3D choppiness.)
  • Fixed enable_conservative script (released separately, coming soon)
  • Upstream DVFS fixes
  • Many more ARM fixes (for more information visit http://existz.darkirc.info/git/?p=kernel/talonmtd.git;a=shortlog and take a look at the ARM fixes)
  • Low power mode support (buggy)
  • Upstream touchkey tweak to prevent accidental button pushing
  • BUMPED OVERCLOCK VOLTAGES--People were reporting serious instability, so I bumped the voltages. This should fix the majority of issues.
  • init.d cleaning script from zacharias.maladroit
  • Major tweaks from Infuse to help with CPU scaling above 1000 MHz

ytt3r said:
This post isn't actually doing anything right now, so here's a picture of a kitten.

Last edited:

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks!

Thank you ytt3r for bringing TalonMTD to Vibrant! I am about to flash it on CM7 Build #105 and I will let you know if it works ok. I am ready for CM7 to have better battery since the performance is already top notch for Vibrant and most likely will not get any faster.

Dmkjr

Jan 13, 2011
Tennessee
dmkjr.net
Dev.... nice work to get another kernel ported over to the Vibrant community. I'll wait to get some feedback from others before I decide to flash as a daily driver.

I'll tell you though, if you haven't followed the Vibrant community.... the CM7 or CM7 based ROM's are having a problem with battery life. So, with that said... if you could figure out a way to get us some blazing battery life... you'd probably be considered a hero.

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA
Dev.... nice work to get another kernel ported over to the Vibrant community. I'll wait to get some feedback from others before I decide to flash as a daily driver.

I'll tell you though, if you haven't followed the Vibrant community.... the CM7 or CM7 based ROM's are having a problem with battery life. So, with that said... if you could figure out a way to get us some blazing battery life... you'd probably be considered a hero.

I've had excellent battery life... CM7 is having the same issues on the Captivate, and I'm sure all SGS models. But being completely honest it seems to be running perfectly well for me and I haven't had any battery issues.

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
So far so good. Phone is flying with CM7 Build#105. No bugs so far. Only issue I had was a freeze at 1.3ghz. This is the first CM7 kernel I have had a freeze at 1.3ghz with. 1.2ghz is rock solid even with -25mv to -125mv undervolt.

Dmkjr

Jan 13, 2011
Tennessee
dmkjr.net
To be fair.... I've bought a PowerSkin and been using it for almost a week running 1.8.26. I don't think my input on battery life would be relevant to most.

daohoa

Sep 5, 2010
im using MIUI revamped and i flashed this kernel. i still have the yellow tint

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
Great Kernel.
Thanks for the nice work you done on this.
One question:
Why none so far tried the updated drivers from Optimus 3D for out devices?
They have v1.6 driver and we are at v1.5. Gpu is the same just theirs are 300mhz vs 200mhz for sgs family. (PowerVR SGX 540)

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
On cm7 my leds stay on all the time when screen is on. This is intentional? Any way to make a version without that? Not that it matters but quadrant scores are 200-300 less then neo17r7 @ 1.2ghz.

dxtrlabs

Feb 21, 2009
hey guys will this work on the surface 3.2 jvr port? it uses the talondve on the i9000 anyone dared to try?

Bluejay913

Sep 2, 2010
KC
On cm7 my leds stay on all the time when screen is on. This is intentional? Any way to make a version without that? Not that it matters but quadrant scores are 200-300 less then neo17r7 @ 1.2ghz.

My leds are staying on with this kernel 2. Switched to immortality cm7 and led is off now. Pls fix as this is the only thing I've noticed. Everything else seems great.

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer

how about Gingerbread Bootloaders ?

aren't modded bootloaders available for the Vibrant (yeah I know it's kinda risky)

*subscribes*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Vibrant folk, happy hump day! This is TalonMTD, for CM7 and MIUI (and potentially other MTD based ROMs). This kernel has nearly all of the features of TalonDEV--and more coming sooner than later. IMPORTANT: be'st thou careful, here there be monsters--THIS KERNEL IS UNTESTED ON THE VIBRANT! No one in our dev channel has one. If you're good with this stuff, let me know and I'll hook you up with test builds. Lets get into the good stuff!

Code:
    Features
    [LIST]
    [*]Overclock up to 1440MHz/Undervolt for all frequencies (having only 5 frequencies undervolted seems most stable)
    [*]Nexus S Framebuffer
    [*]Voodoo Color v2 (No yellow tint!)
    [*]Voodoo Sound v10
    [*]Based on Linux kernel 2.6.35.13
    [*]GPU overclock
    [*]GPU Tweaks
    [*]Bonus Governors: InteractiveX, Smartass, Conservative governor compiled as a module (not enableable yet)
    [*]Bonus Schedulers: SIO, V(R), BFQ2r1, CFQ with tweaks
    [*]Undervolted ADC and RAM
    [*]Disabled Userspace governor
    [*]Kangsterizer’s LED notifications
    [*]Asynchronous I/O support
    [*]Logcat compiled as a module, must be enabled via ‘logcat-on’
    [*]Lowmemorykiller tweaks by kodos96
    [*]Jhash3
    [*]RAM tweaks
    [*]Readahead tweaks
    [*]Kernel HZ set at 250
    [*]Disabled kernel printk for less overhead
    [*]KTLO (Keep the Lights On)
    [*]Samsung ARM fix
    [*]16.25 lbs. of ext4 fixes
    [/LIST]

Code:
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your Vibrant
     * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

You can download it here...

0.0.3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9426310/TalonVibrant-0.0.3.zip
    Source code: http://existz.darkirc.info/git/?p=kernel/talonmtd.git

Join us on freenode, channel #suckerpunch for support.

Many thanks to my co-devs eXistZ, kodos96, and zacharias.maladroit/zachy_md. (original Talon thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050206)

Huge thanks to
    • Supercurio
    • Teamhacksung
    • morfic
    • netarchy
    • TheEscapist
    • TK-Glitch
    • kangsterizer

And a great big final thanks to my testers, the great folks who put up with me breaking stuff and putting up a new build every 5 minutes, the guys who pushed me to greater heights to get stuff done:
    • Shoman94
    • Vivified (the great motivator)
    • Thegodsquirrel
    • Abee_13
    • lownox
    Wanna say thanks? Buy me a root beer, and/or hit thanks.

Just so everyone knows, I also own an iPhone.
    0.0.3 (Maintenance Upgrade)

• Improved USB signal quality
    • OndemandX governor (offers sleep power consumption improvements over ondemand, not ready for the big time yet. Seems to cause 3D choppiness.)
    • Fixed enable_conservative script (released separately, coming soon)
    • Upstream DVFS fixes
    • Many more ARM fixes (for more information visit http://existz.darkirc.info/git/?p=kernel/talonmtd.git;a=shortlog and take a look at the ARM fixes)
    • Low power mode support (buggy)
    • Upstream touchkey tweak to prevent accidental button pushing
    • BUMPED OVERCLOCK VOLTAGES--People were reporting serious instability, so I bumped the voltages. This should fix the majority of issues.
    • init.d cleaning script from zacharias.maladroit
    • Major tweaks from Infuse to help with CPU scaling above 1000 MHz

ytt3r said:
    This post isn't actually doing anything right now, so here's a picture of a kitten.