And other things

It updates the hboot to 1.49.0012.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Reactions: roseghost

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
DO NOT FLASH THIS RUU.
You will not be able to get root access afterwards, without the HTC Method.

Can someone attach the games apk of it?

oMaRcO

Sep 3, 2007
Maybe someone can rip this ruu and rooted please? In a zip file

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m

Last edited:

harpss1ngh

May 14, 2010
London
you can always flash back to stock RUU

Yeah you can...but then what will you do? Seeing as this RUU most likely overwrites the HBOOT to a version that can't be S-OFF'd. Flashing an older stock ROM won't downgrade it. Then you can kiss S-OFF goodbye and troll in the forums about not being able to flash ROMS and having WiFi issues.

Your choice.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

DO NOT FLASH THIS RUU.
You will not be able to get root access afterwards, without the HTC Method.

Can someone attach the games apk of it?

Just download it and extract it from \System\App

remorina

Jun 25, 2008
I have been trying all day to install this but I keep on getting
ERROR CODE [156]: Image Error.

I have the Asian ROM with hboot 1.49.0011

The only reason I need this ROM is the RTL support where I'd like to be on an official rom for the time being but I couldn't get any patch or anything else to work with this hboot version!

I've also copied rom.zip to PG86IMG.ZIP but it wouldn't install either saying missing or wrong image file.

I'm not an expert but I was able to do this on Desire HD & Desire Z phones with no issues, Any hints or alternative methods where I can get the RTL or install this?

Thanks!

harpss1ngh

May 14, 2010
London
I have been trying all day to install this but I keep on getting
ERROR CODE [156]: Image Error.

I have the Asian ROM with hboot 1.49.0011

The only reason I need this ROM is the RTL support where I'd like to be on an official rom for the time being but I couldn't get any patch or anything else to work with this hboot version!

I've also copied rom.zip to PG86IMG.ZIP but it wouldn't install either saying missing or wrong image file.

I'm not an expert but I was able to do this on Desire HD & Desire Z phones with no issues, Any hints or alternative methods where I can get the RTL or install this?

Thanks!

Did you not read the above posts before you posted?

FYI 156 means you'll need to re-download it. You do this at your own risk, you have been warned.

Last edited:

remorina

Jun 25, 2008
Did you not read the above posts before you posted?

FYI 156 means you'll need to re-download it. You do this at your own risk, you have been warned.

Thanks for the reply, I have read the posts but I'd still like to install the rom, the necessity of RTL outweighs the need of S-OFF or root for this device.

I have already redownloaded earlier but with same error, reading your earlier post again you mentioned having WiFi issues, did this happen to anyone after installing this?

Apologies if I missed something, as you can see I'm new and this was my 1st post.

Cheers!

Last edited:

harpss1ngh

May 14, 2010
London
Thanks for the reply, I have read the posts but I'd still like to install the rom, the necessity of RTL outweighs the need of S-OFF or root for this device.

I have already redownloaded earlier but with same error, reading your earlier post again you mentioned having WiFi issues, did this happen to anyone after installing this?

Apologies if I missed something, as you can see I'm new and this was my 1st post.

Cheers!

Only if you unlock the bootloader using the HTC Method....

Scorbion

May 6, 2005
Riyadh
Yeah you can...but then what will you do? Seeing as this RUU most likely overwrites the HBOOT to a version that can't be S-OFF'd. Flashing an older stock ROM won't downgrade it. Then you can kiss S-OFF goodbye and troll in the forums about not being able to flash ROMS and having WiFi issues.

Your choice.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Just download it and extract it from \System\App

you are wrong my friend.
If you have S-OFF flashing this RUU wont turn it on. This means u can flash stock RUU again and get ur old Hboot back. ( I just did that)

Top Liked Posts