Have you had this problem?

• After Rooting?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Please help:)
Restored a bricked SGH-i747 but unable to boot frome phone. Will boot from sd card with debrick image on it and the OS loads and runs from the phone but will not boot up without the SD debrick image card in.
I have tried to reflash bootloader-modem then OS and then restored nandroid backup and all looks good except the ability to start phone without the SD Card.
Phone info

Device SGH-i747
Android Version 4.3
Baseband Version I747UCUEMJB
Kernel Version 3.0.31-2024954
Build Number JSS15JI747ucuemjb
SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SAMSUNG-SGH-I747_4_3_0018

I've gotten older trying to figure this out:)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Andy_nu

Feb 14, 2012
Oklahoma
Please help:)
Restored a bricked SGH-i747 but unable to boot frome phone. Will boot from sd card with debrick image on it and the OS loads and runs from the phone but will not boot up without the SD debrick image card in.
I have tried to reflash bootloader-modem then OS and then restored nandroid backup and all looks good except the ability to start phone without the SD Card.
Phone info

Device SGH-i747
Android Version 4.3
Baseband Version I747UCUEMJB
Kernel Version 3.0.31-2024954
Build Number JSS15JI747ucuemjb
SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SAMSUNG-SGH-I747_4_3_0018

I've gotten older trying to figure this out:)
Thanks in advance

you have to flash and repartition with the 4.3 bootloader and stock rom with odin. the board is unable to use the older bootloaders after the 4.3 update cause it blows efuses.

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
This Image was installed

Yes this image was installed to the external SD using windiskimager v09 and the phone was able to boot into recovery and download again. I installed the MJB Bootloader and stock images d2att_I747UCUEMJ2_bootloader_modem.zip and d2att_I747UCUEMJ2_root_noknox.zip from twrp and then restored the nandroid backup recovery through TWRP. When I reboot with the SD Image card in the system boots fine and the files on the phone look good. My imei and baseband versions were recovered on the phone and it appears the phone OS is running okay except it will not boot without the SD image card in.

Thanks
Rob

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Images used

you have to flash and repartition with the 4.3 bootloader and stock rom with odin. the board is unable to use the older bootloaders after the 4.3 update cause it blows efuses.

Hi Andy

Yes this image was installed to the external SD using windiskimager v09 and the phone was able to boot into recovery and download again. I installed the MJB Bootloader and stock images d2att_I747UCUEMJ2_bootloader_modem.zip and d2att_I747UCUEMJ2_root_noknox.zip from twrp and then restored the nandroid backup recovery through TWRP. When I reboot with the SD Image card in the system boots fine and the files on the phone look good. My imei and baseband versions were recovered on the phone and it appears the phone OS is running okay except it will not boot without the SD image card in.

Is there another bootloader and OS image file I should use that is .tar for odin?

Thanks

Andy_nu

Feb 14, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi Andy

Is there another bootloader and OS image file I should use that is .tar for odin?

Thanks
try to flash one of these bootloaders(they are all mjb)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321310
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47817339&postcount=23
http://d-h.st/6lt
you can unmount your debrick sd in recovery and mount another micro sd card and flash the zips. or boot the phone and store the zips on the internal storage

Reactions: xtaski

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Bootloaders

try to flash one of these bootloaders(they are all mjb)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321310
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47817339&postcount=23
http://d-h.st/6lt
you can unmount your debrick sd in recovery and mount another micro sd card and flash the zips. or boot the phone and store the zips on the internal storage

The two that are linked that work are Clockwork Mod Roms? The link for the stock rom is no good. Isn't it a problem loading CWM rather than stock bootloader?

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
i have no idea what youre trying to ask/say

the 1st link is boot_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip - 1.14 MB I thought CWM meant a clockword Mod Rom?
the 2nd link is DEAD File not found
the 3rd link is also boot_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip - 1.14 MB

I thought that the CWM_ meant if was a clockwork Mod Rom rather than stock so I did not try to install it.

Andy_nu

Feb 14, 2012
Oklahoma
the 1st link is boot_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip - 1.14 MB I thought CWM meant a clockword Mod Rom?
the 2nd link is DEAD File not found
the 3rd link is also boot_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip - 1.14 MB

I thought that the CWM_ meant if was a clockwork Mod Rom rather than stock so I did not try to install it.
if you want a (recovery)cwm tar theres one in the root thread
you can run a bootloader with a different recovery. thats why its labled it doesnt have the stock recovery. or it may be labeled that because it needs to be flashed in CWM

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

try to flash this in CWM after booting to recovery with the debrickSD to do this you can boot with the sd and download itor, transfer via mtp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9y4sd23za61tbqe/boot_CWM_I747MVLUEMK5.zip

Last edited:

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Booting from external SD only sgh-i747

you can run a bootloader with a different recovery. thats why its labled it doesnt have the stock recovery. or it may be labeled that because it needs to be flashed in CWM

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

try to flash this in CWM after booting to recovery with the debrickSD to do this you can boot with the sd and download itor, transfer via mtp

Tried this and had to restore 4.3 loader.
Here is the problem
The phone is now fully back to 4.3 which the OTA upgraded it to.
The phone works 100% when booted from Debrickjb external sd card all functions work on the phone from the phones OS not the SD Card.
The problem is I am unable to boot the phone without the SD Card. The power button does nothing. When i reinsert the debrickjb image SD Card after a minute or two I can power on and boot normally or into recovery.
I have tried the bootloaders mentioned but none work except the d2att_JB bootloader for 4.3.
I understand the efuse problem with trying to go back to 4.12 may be part of the problem but have wiped and reinstalled the 4.3 roms and have the phone working with the only problem it will not power up without the SD Card. Since it powers fine off the 2nd boot option I know its not the button itself and have tried to find a code or software solution for days now.
Any ideas out there?
TIA
Rob

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Hardbricked using the file

This caused a hardbrick. Can't load from SD anymore. Looks like a Jtag to get back to SD Load problem:(

Andy_nu

Feb 14, 2012
Oklahoma
No luck with the new image card either. The Bootloader hard bricked the phone.

huh. i can brick my phoneby flashing a bootloader and the only life i get is the red light with the charger in and the battery pulled. put the 4.3debrickSD in boot to recovery flash mjb bootloader and boot right up from the device. i guess you just had bad luck. im sorry bro.

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks for the attempt

huh. i can brick my phoneby flashing a bootloader and the only life i get is the red light with the charger in and the battery pulled. put the 4.3debrickSD in boot to recovery flash mjb bootloader and boot right up from the device. i guess you just had bad luck. im sorry bro.

I know better than to flash a non stock rom for the model but got to the point of wtf why not try:)
I'll Jtag and update.

Andy_nu

Feb 14, 2012
Oklahoma
I know better than to flash a non stock rom for the model but got to the point of wtf why not try:)
I'll Jtag and update.

glad you got a jtag service(no jtag service in amarillo tx) my last one was about 3 days from warranty and samsung fixed it before the debrick sd came out. so i bricked it again to see what would happen and it worked. but sometimes i guess if we didnt want problems we shouldnt be tinkering with our devices! :D

xtaski

Dec 30, 2013
Jtag Fixed problem

The last option was to jtag & it restored to JB 4.3 fine.
I know better than to flash non version specific roms but was surprised the Canadian Version for the carrier that runs ATT in Canada would hard brick.
Thanks for the help.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN

This caused a hardbrick. Can't load from SD anymore. Looks like a Jtag to get back to SD Load problem:(

xtaski - that was a bootloader for the M version. You have a U version (ATT). Andy gave you a bad link, but be careful reading next time

Top Liked Posts