GalleryNext and CameraNext from CM11S

Search This thread

[] AL []

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks fallendown,

I've spent the whole morning looking for and testing alternative Camera.apk for my phone
and I can say that this is the one that will get it's spot in the system/app folder :victory:

It is essentially the same camera as the CM11's one but with [imho] a much better user interface.
[I've never been a fan of the simili-pie control settings of Camera2.apk].

For others that could be tempted to test drive it, here are few more of my observations*:
*: [tested on a 4-5 days old CM11 nightly build]

- you can install the camera as either a stand-alone [unkonown sources checked] apk OR push it to: system/app [and set its permissions as other file in there] [and reboot];

- you can manually and independently set the front/rear camera resolutions to 16:9 ratio [cropped to 6MP for back] [which is exactly what I was after to begin with so :good: :good:];

- you can hand-pick the scene modes that you frequently use.
Let's say: cloudy, portrait, backlight, actionmode, nightmode, etc.
Then you can directly swipe up/down on the cam screen to flick through/apply them.
No need to have to fight with the phone with muddy mountain bike gloves on some tiny little camera settings buttons and have to scroll through a 3 pages-long list of scene modes on a cloudy day....
..pretty awesome if you ask me!!

OK, phone's charging and has to cool down; testing the crap out of 4-5 installed cameras got the battery bloody hot...
Time to go decompile that beast and see what theming magic I can add to it ;-p

Thanks again for the find. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
/AL

Edit: it turns out that "cloudy" is not a scene mode but a white balance [set with one or two small button touch] but the rest remains true and you guys get the point I'm sure. Here are two screenshots to make up for the slight mistake. /A

Attachments

• Auto.jpg
    Auto.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Backlight.jpg
    Backlight.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've been using these for the past couple of days, both on stock CM11 and on Carbon. These have been pulled straight from the Oneplus One and should work on any ROM that has CM11 as a base. Try them out if you want.

GalleryNext
    CameraNext
    Thanks fallendown,

I've spent the whole morning looking for and testing alternative Camera.apk for my phone
    and I can say that this is the one that will get it's spot in the system/app folder :victory:

It is essentially the same camera as the CM11's one but with [imho] a much better user interface.
    [I've never been a fan of the simili-pie control settings of Camera2.apk].

For others that could be tempted to test drive it, here are few more of my observations*:
    *: [tested on a 4-5 days old CM11 nightly build]

- you can install the camera as either a stand-alone [unkonown sources checked] apk OR push it to: system/app [and set its permissions as other file in there] [and reboot];

- you can manually and independently set the front/rear camera resolutions to 16:9 ratio [cropped to 6MP for back] [which is exactly what I was after to begin with so :good: :good:];

- you can hand-pick the scene modes that you frequently use.
    Let's say: cloudy, portrait, backlight, actionmode, nightmode, etc.
    Then you can directly swipe up/down on the cam screen to flick through/apply them.
    No need to have to fight with the phone with muddy mountain bike gloves on some tiny little camera settings buttons and have to scroll through a 3 pages-long list of scene modes on a cloudy day....
    ..pretty awesome if you ask me!!

OK, phone's charging and has to cool down; testing the crap out of 4-5 installed cameras got the battery bloody hot...
    Time to go decompile that beast and see what theming magic I can add to it ;-p

Thanks again for the find. :thumbsup:
    Cheers,
    /AL

Edit: it turns out that "cloudy" is not a scene mode but a white balance [set with one or two small button touch] but the rest remains true and you guys get the point I'm sure. Here are two screenshots to make up for the slight mistake. /A