Gallery problem.

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
I have a problem that I could not solve, the gallery does not update the new folders created by me and the photos in it, I tried to delete data and cache, but without success, you have any idea? I mj7 Android 4.3.

Sounds weird.

Try to 'Wipe Cache' in the custom recovery (if you have one installed)

Sounds weird.

Try to 'Wipe Cache' in the custom recovery (if you have one installed)

I only stock recovery and I've done wip cache but did not help, any other ideas apart format? :(

another strange thing that I noticed, not even "my files" application see the folders that are in micro sd but quick pic sees no problem.

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
I only stock recovery and I've done wip cache but did not help, any other ideas apart format? :(

another strange thing that I noticed, not even "my files" application see the folders that are in micro sd but quick pic sees no problem.

OK, check to see if there is '.nomedia' file in these folders?

qualkuno

Jan 19, 2013
Have you tried to remove and insert again your sd card? sometimes it solves this kind of problems.

gschot

Jan 20, 2009
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear S2
I had this some times as well. I would then go into All Apps and force stop the gallery, and then clear data & cache. Then I would do the same thing for the Media Storage. After this, I reboot the phone and the Media Scanner rebuilds the Media library and keeps it updated.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Have u turned off media scanner??
This service checks for media files after reboot..

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I had this some times as well. I would then go into All Apps and force stop the gallery, and then clear data & cache. Then I would do the same thing for the Media Storage. After this, I reboot the phone and the Media Scanner rebuilds the Media library and keeps it updated.

Hope this helps.

thanks very much guys,the problem was the media scanner and you guessed it, sort it out.love xda community :)

Reactions: invincible_oo7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have u turned off media scanner??
    This service checks for media files after reboot..

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hope this helps.

thanks very much guys,the problem was the media scanner and you guessed it, sort it out.love xda community :)