One M8 camera lens replacement (warranty service)

Search This thread

Ferrum Master

Dec 22, 2010
Rīga
Hi, would service center replace all housing cover or only camera lens? Thanks

none, they will repolish your lense out of scratches...

The second thing... that lense scratching is only your fault, not HTC's... it like hitting a car in front of you and blaming your car maker about your driving style...

Last edited:

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
none, they will repolish your lense out of scratches...

The second thing... that lense scratching is only your fault, not HTC's... it like hitting a car in front of you and blaming your car maker about your driving style...

I agree with you partially. When you pay a huge deal for a premium car, and the manufacturer uses flimsy carbon fiber body, what do you do ? Go back and report. If you were to crash the car made out of a metal, there would be subtle damage. The same doesn't happen with a carbon fiber body. In this case, the manufacturer has to be blamed. Its their fault.

And polishing the lens would further cause additional scratches on it. :cool: :good:

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Hi, would service center replace all housing cover or only camera lens? Thanks

Only the lens would be replaced.
Does yours have scratches on the display ?

Last edited:

Ferrum Master

Dec 22, 2010
Rīga
No lenses won't be replaced. The seconds the material does not matter, you can scratch almost anything, it is cheaper to learn some manners or pick up some protecting cover. Car warranty also is broken on ANY car if you forgot to change oil after certain milage.

Ankobarabanko

Nov 3, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
Hey there, so got your lens replaced ? Lemme know.. :cool:

I also want to know if HTC acknowledge this lens coating issue and replaces the lens for free (I assume with upgraded version of the coating)

I am wandering if this is general problem with all M8s? I am aware that not all owners are reporting the issue. I think if this is related to heavy usage, ie heavy gaming and thus overheating. Some users are not a gamers and do not use their phones to the extent they start heating so much- hence the coating stays undamaged.

So my question is: are you a heavy user and is your lens scratched?

Last edited:

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
I also want to know if HTC acknowledge this lens coating issue and replaces the lens for free (I assume with upgraded version of the coating)

I am wandering if this is general problem with all M8s? I am aware that not all owners are reporting the issue. I think if this is related to heavy usage, ie heavy gaming and thus overheating. Some users are not a gamers and do not use their phones to the extent they start heating so much- hence the coating stays undamaged.

So my question is: are you a heavy user and is your lens scratched?

I'm not a heavy user. I don't game on these huge 4k screens. Well, mine had scratches long ago. I tried my luck out polishing them,but in vain. It further damaged it. The only solution was to get it replaced for no charge. As I've seen, many(most) M8's suffer from the same issue. Many people are ignorant about this issue and might have to visit the service sooner or later. A trip to the service is a must though. Why else get it replaced straight away, instead of HTC back firing you that it was your fault. Just get it replaced before its too late.

By the way, does yours have scratches on the display ? That seems to be a common issue too. :good:

Ankobarabanko

Nov 3, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
Actually I am still using my One X. But I am seriously considering buying the M8.
Do you know if this problem is applicable to newer batches or it has random occurrence? I could not find anywhere information about HTC addressing this issue.

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
Actually I am still using my One X. But I am seriously considering buying the M8.
Do you know if this problem is applicable to newer batches or it has random occurrence? I could not find anywhere information about HTC addressing this issue.

Even though you get an M8 from the newer batch, it takes me to explain you the fact that these are not made up of diamond. Lets be very clear with that point. I'm using my S3 till date. I know its got blemishes all over, and the camera lens has many tiny scratches; it doesn't bother me since anyways those scratches are small, and they wouldn't be in focus. Never expect the device to stay in mint condition. Once it leaves the factory, things wont be the same. Lol, some have defects when manufactured ! Just enjoy the device ! :cool: :good:

Hightech WIRELESS

Nov 5, 2015
M8 lense ? Parts? Same or different for each carrier

I am curious are all lenses the same size for each carrier on the m8 model. I'm finding a sprint one but no at&t.

I asume it shouldn't be a difference